Quick Questions...

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Hello all, I've just bought 3 new accounts tonight to start playing in Mid and would like someone to answer the following please:

1. I've rolled a Warrior, what would be the best BB for me to level up with him (from Lvl 1 on both accounts)? A Shaman or a Healer? Also, which BB does everyone commonly use for RVR?

2. What's the best weapon type for my Warrior? I've read VN Boards and Catacombs Forums, but there's so much conflicting information. From what I can make out, Axe has best damage but uses most End, Sword has a good style (Ragnorak) and is medium on End usage, and Hammer has least damage but uses less End. Please correct me where wrong :)

3. Although I've bought 3 accounts, I can only play 2 at once at the moment. Would it be better to level a Shaman/Healer and SM first, then level the Warrior on 3rd account or won't there be any difference in XP progress between the SM and Warrior to Lvl 50 from Lvl 1?

TIA.

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
Shammy is the mid BB, healer if you want haste but then youll loss dex/qui and str/con and you dont want that:)
If you gonna solo with a bb, the warr prolly lvl faster since you got heals and end. The sm would need some power every now and then.

Good luck!

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
shammy as bb... i would say make a sm + shammy to start with, when u reach 40+ u can start getting in modderna grp's (if ur lucky else its 45+) solo with ur sm if its supp spec'd when that's 50 u can start to pl the shammy then the warr etc and get it all toa'd.

but would say if u can get some cash transfer'd to mid and pay some1 to pl a sm 4 ya, its soo anoying playing it from lvl 1 :(

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
[1]I'd say warrior+shamie and use pots for speed.
-warrior doesn't need that mutch healing if some specpoints spent on shield, so basline heals work ok enough.
I use bbshamie with my warrior, where the shamie spec is 47Aug/23Cave/13Mend. this makes the shamie land dots rather easy witch realy helps kill rate.

[2]
On what weapon to chose, I'd say you would have to decide witch type of RvR/PvE you are going to play. This realy is a question that can be debated forever, and still comes down to two questions. Grouped or Solo? RvR or PvE?

[3]
If I had three new accounts. (and this is not the fun way of endles hours of grinding xp alone)
  1. Sup speced SM on third account to lvl50 asap, and shamie on sec account.
    Main account would get a healer ressbot (lvl10).
  2. 2. Another Sup SM on main or second account.
    PL this one in Moderna.
  3. 3. Now you are set to PL any char on any account, in Moderna.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well..

First of all...welcome to Mid mate!:)

Since you seem dedicated the best way for ya to get started (and fastest) would be to lvl summsm + shaman and do catacombs instanses. Respec supp at 40.99 and ding 41 (yellow pbae) and hang around moderna till you get into a group (best times would be about 24.00 or so or early morning). Once you get into a group you will get to 50 fast. Then get your shaman in as leech and ding it 50. Then just pl your warrior, an aughealer and any other chars you want up to lvl 50 by either using shaman or suppsm as main (depending on what account you want the new chars lvled. (shaman will need fop before that though)

About a buffbot shaman is the only choice on Mid, once you have a good shaman bb, you might consider making an aughealer bb in moderna too for those rare times you find people to leech bb buffs from.

If you have 3 accounts and can play all 3 then ofc it would be nice to have 1 main account with rvr chars, 1 account with augshaman bot and 1 account with aughealer bot.

/Charmangle

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Pfff, all this talk of PL this, PL that, takes the fun out of it ;)

Warrior + shammy all the way to 50, hunt in old realm dungeons for tinderboxes (handy little FOP things) then when you have a few tucked away level an suppression SM and pac healer to 40, then respec the healer to aug and the SM to darkness for RvR in Leirvik and beyond.

So many ways to level now, PLing is dull and kills off making friends. Find a nice guild too, not one that will perma PL you, but one that helps you along the way.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the great replies :)

To the poster asking about how I'd play my Warrior in RVR, it'll most likely be solo, the same way I play my Paladin ATM.

I am not sure if that gives you enough information to suggest a weapon type?

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
The reason why some people say axe and sword do more damage is because of the armour tables. Slash is generally the prefered damage type.
Crush damage is better against assassins, vamps, BMs, friars, platewearers and such.
Classes that are resistant to slash all have lower abs armours; hib's reinforced and leather. As a warrior, you should still do decent damage on them if you're axe or sword.

As you mentioned, sword has Ragnarok. It's good because it's a single backpositional with good damage and not a 2-part chain like in hammer or axe.
The hammer back chain will average out the same as Ragnarok and Axe will do a little less, but 1 style is always better than a chain.
Sword also has Drawout(taunt), which is ok because of the high to-hit bonus, but axe and hammer taunts have medium to-hit and that's almost as good.
As sword, you can get SoK, Battler, etc, but no Malice.

Hammer is nice because it has a snare on the first backpositional(Conquer) as well as the sidestyle. Hammer styles, especially the taunt(Provoke), uses little end.
No to-hit bonus on Conquer sucks though, so don't be surprised if you miss twice in a row.
You can also activate both Malice and Battler as hammer, a great combo.

Axe has a front positional chain(Havoc-Tyr's Fury) with good damage.
Also has an anytime style with a melee speed debuff. My zerker usually starts a melee fight with that.
Guess axe styles uses more end, but with end barrels, that's not an issue.
Axe users will probably have the most styles on their quickbar and wont be for those that like to spam a couple of styles.

The armour tables aren't that much of a factor anymore tbh, but slash still comes out ahead.
Look at the styles and what effects they have and the growth rates. http://daoc.nisrv.com/modules.php?name=Weapon_Style_Faq&file=midgard
The reactionaries are over all fairy similar with no huge differences in damage.
Then look at what artifact weapons you want to use and then decide. :)

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Hammer imo. Uses little end and has good damage.

Shammy BB, kobold or frostie as race if u wanna rvr with him at some point
in the future imo. Troll is to slow :p

U will find the "HoT" aka "Frig" very useful, and can prolly chain kill orange/red con mobs just using frig as healing.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom