Quick Question.

Jarade

Fledgling Freddie
Looking to getting some SC done once i have the Cash and got Template sorted.. but wondering.. what is a safe Over Charge % ? .. and also.. what is pricing on Spell Crafting lately ?

Hope some nice person out there can answer those for me.

Thanks in advance.

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
a 5 point overcharge is considered safe since it rarely blows up.
Keep in mind that the items have to be unused though since if an item is used and you try an overcharge in it then the chances of failure are much higher.

Jarade

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you.. just need average price's now for SC now.

Torvarg

Loyal Freddie
I had my old Pallys lvl51 full plate set + lvl51 Sword+Shiled spellcrafted for 1.2 Plat.

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
A lot of spellcrafters you'll find will charge a flat 300g fee per item, regardless of item cost. I find this unfair. If an item costs me 15g to make and takes me 3 minutes, I'm not going to charge 300g for it as that would rip off the customer. If an item takes me 45 minutes and costs 350g, I'm not going to charge 300g for it as that would rip me off.

Prices on my spellcrafting therefore depend on 3 things -

1) The size of the gems in the template. Lots of perfect gems may look uber, but they cost a ridiculous amount wholly disproportionate with actual bonus benefit, especially if overcharging is involved. I therefore advise my customers to avoid tier 10 gems like the plague, keep numbers of tier 9 gems as low as they can...and not to go too crazy with tier 8 either. Sometimes it can't be helped, but that's when the risk of higher cost occurs.

2) The amount of overcharge. The higher the overcharge, the higher the quality of gem needed in order to keep the work "safe".

3) The luck of the random generator. The fewer makes it takes for the drop of a required gem quality, the cheaper the item...and of course the reverse is also true.

So..on average, a full suit of level 51 armour, plus sword and shield, overcharged to 5.5 points ( the maximum possible ) will cost between 1.8p to 2.5p. If gem sizes aren't too huge or some items are not maxed at 5.5, then the average is more like 1.5 to 2p. Bad luck or high numbers of large gems might push it as high as 3p.

If there is no overcharging...well...I've spellcrafted whole suits of level 51, with 9 or 10 items in the order, for a total of 500g before now. It all depends which gems are in the template.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom