Quick necro question

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
If you hit autoallocate, it slaps 15 points into Intell and 10 into strength.....
So does a necro need strength then? And no dex? It transfers to the pet or...? Just looking for some basic insight really :)

Ta. :D

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
All stats from teh caster transfer over to the pet when cast. having str is not a good idea as u have a str buff in the deathsavant base line. also u have a base dex spell in the base death sight line.

Tbh for on what a normal caster has, Dex int and con

Meldarn

Fledgling Freddie
The necromancer team lead, RedArmour, posted this on the vnboards about what transfers to a necropet:

The following transfer at the time of summoning, and are on your "summoning gear"
+con and con cap
+hits and hits cap

These stats transfer continuously and are on your "fighting gear"
+Dex and dex cap
+spell damage
Catacombs negative effects duration modifier, deflection bonus (+parry)

The following do not transfer, but help your necro
+acuity and acuity cap
+power and power pool
Catacombs exp loss reduction, generic focus bonus
Augmented acuity

The following do not help you or your servant
+quickness and quick cap
+casting speed
+procs on armor
+charges on items
Catacombs defensive bonus, bladeturn reinforcement, localized ablative

Buffs for your servant
Str
Con
Dex
Base AF
Str/con
Dex/qui
HP regen
Heal proc
Damage add
Melee haste

Buffs for your necro
Acuity
Dex
Dex/qui

Note that the spec AF buff is not listed :(

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
So if you're getting buffed, do you buff the pet after summoning or buff the necro first and then he summons which transfers the stats over?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Give yourself Int bDex sDex bCon sCon cast pet then cancle the bCon sCon and give pet everything i suppose by reading that.

Meldarn

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry to just cut and paste from the VN boards, but this was taken from the FAQ stickie in the disciples section on there - i hope it helps!

Stat Transfer, Summoning Suits, and Buffs

Greetings, I have been seeing the same questions on this topic showing up over and over, so I thought I would write this up so that I can stop posting the same info repeatedly.

The topic of this post is which stats transfer from the necro to the pet on summon, and which buffs are most important for the necro and which are for the pet.

As we all know, the necromancer is a unique class as our pet is our 'combat avatar' and we, in shade form are unable to directly influence our environment (to a certain extent). Because of this unique situation, our pet is able to receive bonuses to its stats based on the gear that we are wearing, some at time of summon, some all of the time (will get into this shortly).

Before I go into detail on which stats do what, I need to cover some details on how the different stats effect the pet and necro. Firstly, the base (un-modified by gear or buffs) stats of the necro do not effect the pet. The only base stats that are important for a necro are Dexterity and Intelligence, a good suggestion for an inconnu would be +10 dex +15 int. Constitution, quickness, strength etc do not effect the pet in any way, points placed there initially do nothing, so if you are thinking of putting points into constitution when you roll your new necro, don't, as it will gain you nothing.

Next up are buffs, if you have a bot, or group with a buff spec player, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. The necro does not need any buffs other than acuity, dexterity, and dexterity/quickness. EVER. Buffs on the necro do not transfer to the pet. Once the pet is summoned, you can buff it with armor, constitiution, dexterity, dexterity/quickness, and strength/constitution. The reason I have not listed baste str is the fact that the minimal increase in damage output from the str buff does not warrant taking buffs away from other members of the group or the bot, and is just a waste of concentration points. The above buffs effect the pet in the following manner: AF - increase absorb, Con - increase absorb, Dex - decrease pet casting time AND increase absorb, Dex/Qui - decrease pet casting time AND increase absorb, Str/Con - increase absorb.

Now for the fun part, stats derived from gear. When your pet is summoned, it's hit-points are determined by the amount of constitution and hitpoints that the necro has at the instant the pet arrives. These are the only stats that transfer to pet on summoning. After the pet is summoned, it gains the benifits of +dex and resists from the gear that is worn. This situation has led many necros to start using a 'summoning suit' which allows them to cap their constitution and hit points before summoning pet, then after pet is up, they change back to the items that cap dexterity, intelligence, resists, and power pool.

A note on Realm Abilitys. The 'augmented stat' RA's do not transfer to pet, however, the Toughness RA DOES transfer to pet, so if you are going for the toughest pet possible, this is the RA of choice.

To Summarise:

Base stats do not effect pet - new necros only need to add to int and dex attributes.

Buffs on necro do not pass to pet at time of summoning.

Stats that pass at time of summon: hits and con

Stats that are in effect after summon: dex, resists

Cap hits and con for summoning suit

Cap int, dex, resists, power pool for fighting suit

Armor and con buffs add to pets absorb, dexterity adds to absorb and lowers casting speed

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
str does nothing (for the original post) other than increase your encumberance :E

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Matarese said:
base str increase pet melee(slash) damage

By only a small amount though aye?

Bit insane how the autoallocate ignores dex and puts 10 points into strength then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom