quick login problems

ripperbil

Fledgling Freddie
my quicklogin chars doesnt update at all what can be the problem and how to fix it?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
It is bugged and doesn't work. Has been reported to Rightnow and stuck in the bug tracker.

May get patched before the next patch, but don't hold your breath.

Some suggestions from Requiel here, taken from a thread about 10 lines down here.

Darzil

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
It's because some of the Vista compatibility measures were introduced in the European version 1.86 but not all of them. 1.87 includes the rest of these measures. I'm not sure whether we'll be able to hotfix this before 1.87 or whether we need to wait for the next patch. There should be some indication in the news this week about the release of 1.87.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Ah ! That explains something odd I've been seeing (and maybe introduces some issues on Vista compatibility).

On one PC I have three camelot directories (One full screen EU DR client, one windowed EU DR client, one full screen US client). When I started a character on the US test server, it updated my quick login selection for the EU clients too.

Looks like the Vista compatibility doesn't consider the possibility of EU and US clients on the same PC.

Darzil

ripperbil

Fledgling Freddie
It's because some of the Vista compatibility measures were introduced in the European version 1.86 but not all of them. 1.87 includes the rest of these measures. I'm not sure whether we'll be able to hotfix this before 1.87 or whether we need to wait for the next patch. There should be some indication in the news this week about the release of 1.87.

Less excuses, just fix it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom