quick employment law question before i get to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
it appears my work place has failed to give me 2 pay rises which they say i have had checking my pay slips for the past year doesnt show this. they say i have to prove that my pay slips are wrong. a couple of my pay slips are missing.

do i really have to prove they are wrong, or do they need to prove they are correct?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Your "payment section" of your company, handling all the payments, should have copies of your bills.

Ofcourse you can get a list from your bank showing how much the company has transferred to your account every month.

Unless payment for jobs is different in the UK...in which case...umm...gotta rethink.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ask them when they gave you the pay rises and then show them the payslips before and after those dates...if they are identical then you have not had a pay rise...

Ono

Part of the furniture
Take an Uzi into Human Resources and demand an explanation.

I certainly felt like doing that at one shitty German company I once worked for.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Tris your company has to, by law, maintain payroll records for several years so should have access to copies of your payslips and the calculations to get to them.

If you are you on a salary surely you can look at what they are saying you should be on after 2 pay rises and see if what you earn per month is correct.

If you are on an hourly rate your pay slip should realistically show number of hours worked and the hourly rate but it might not if they're useless.

Btw how were your pay rises agreed? Do you have something in writing from them saying you were due a pay rise at certain dates or saying that you received a pay rise at certain dates? In either situation there is a clear implication by them that you were due them whether or not you received them.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh yeah, if there's nothing on paper about the payraise, then your f*cked. Nasty way the cookie crumbles.

tris-

Vae said:
Btw how were your pay rises agreed? Do you have something in writing from them saying you were due a pay rise at certain dates or saying that you received a pay rise at certain dates? In either situation there is a clear implication by them that you were due them whether or not you received them.

yeh the pay rise is decide over a 6month period while they evaluate your performance then you recieve the payrise on the 7th month. its all in writing. but work is saying i must prove that i didnt get it. thanks for the info and now im off, later than i thought i would be :m00:

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Deadmanwalking said:
Maybe you were shit over the six month period? So they didn't give you a pay rise.

So young. So angry. :(

Shirleeeeeeeeey!!! :(

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
That's not anger.

It might very well be true. And why would i get angry at something so stupid?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
He clearly said they told him he'd had two pay rises.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Maybe I'm missing something here; how do you not notice whether you've had a pay rise or not? TWICE???

Me, and everyone who's ever worked for me, would be raising hell if an expected pay rise wasn't on that month's pay slip.

tris-

dont mind him tom, he always seem to want to spout some angry shit at me, lol. if its so stupid then i wonder why he even posted.

gaffer - i did notice, and i bugged the fuck out of my team leader for months, she was shit. she wouldnt do it, now she isnt a team leader. i have a new team leader now who is willing to do stuff that hes paid to do.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Go straight to the HR department!

Do mess about with team leaders etc.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Any pay issues you should go straight to HR/accounts, it's not worth messing about with team leaders.

I'm assuming when they "told" you about these pay rises you got it in writing? You and they should have to sign anything like that anyway as pay rises are a change to your contract.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
dont mind him tom, he always seem to want to spout some angry shit at me, lol. if its so stupid then i wonder why he even posted.

Always some angry shit?

Wow look kids i have been posting, when i haven't actually been here!! MAGICKK!!11one

And if you can't figure out why/how to sort out a simple pay rise problem then i can see why they are reluctant to give you one.

(All of the above is my opinion, therefor you can't like shout at me and stuff)

tris-

i still wonder if u even read the post, lol.
no where did i say i didnt know how to sort it out. i asked what my legal rights were.
you said the topic was stupid but your still posting, i mean what the fuck.
read the post next time.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Oh shit sorry i forgot.

They are all trained solicitors.. god damnit.

I apologise. :fluffle:

But surely if you wanted to know your legal rights - why ask a bunch of school tech support people instead of going to the CAB or a lawyer?

Or do tech support diplomas or whatever, have a legal practice course chucked in nowadays? Or is learning to turn a monitor on and off now classed as a professional legal qualification?

Law rocks.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
ffs DMW.

I may not be a solicitor but I have a friend who works in HR and knws his stuff backwards. Just a quick word with him would give tris all the info he needed.

So shut up!
:fluffle:

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
My dad is an engineer. I can design bridges.

My mates works in the military i am a soldier. I mean he can tell me everything to do with a SPECIFIC, and UNIQUE situation and i will then be able to pass that on via a forum.

Dude cool.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
DMW - why are you even posting here? Stop being retarded, and fuckoff tbh. Angry teenagers aren't funny, aren't interesting, and aren't welcome. Either make a positive contribution to the thread, or go and lick a dog's cock.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
So your "contribution" was useful?

I am now going to make a "useful" contribution, yet at the same time shout about it all being my opinion yada yada etc etc.

Now for the useful contribution.

"You really need to stop posting on a forum and go sort it out with the people in charge. If it's written into your contract that you get a pay rise and they havent given you one then they're at fault. The burdon of proof may very well lay with you tris, in which case you need to go get his pay slips and show them to the HR department. If you havn't got them, then you might be up shit creek"

Or in other words go and talk to CAB, your companies legal department or something, somewhere who has a fucking clue.

Oh and tom. Go film your own death or something, might be the only thing worth watching you have ever done.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Deadmanwalking said:
bollocks yada yada etc etc.

You're just arguing for the sake of it. Makes no difference what people say you're just going to attack what they say regardless....so its really pointless talking to you.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Actually if we did a check on who frequents these boards and what they do for a living, we'd find out that there's enough experience and expertise in different fields to start a functioning, if a "bit" weird, colony on the moon.

In my opinion.

EDIT: Fek it, i'll do a thread about it.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Since when do you need to be a solicitor to be able to give someone advice in this matter. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that someone might have had, at one point or another, a similar experience. As such, someone may be able to provide some good advice. Going to the CAB can be a pain in the arse, writing a message on a forum is not. Find a better reason to be a cock, dmw.

Will

/bin/su
I think we can safely agree who is a cock in this thread. Everyone point and laugh at DMW. :)

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Fuck pointing and laughing, it's too much effort.

Just *plonk* with me, just slide with me.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
You can't laugh at me im a support techy for a greasy spoon cafe.

And the fact that my mate in erm... the frying department knows all about frying eggs. Therefor i won't actually ask him i will just offer advice anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom