Quick DAoC CD Question...

D

Danamyr

A friend has stopped playing and has askred me if I want his CDs.

I won't be using his account, just the CDs to create another account.

Will this work, or will I need to buy an unused set of discs?

TIA :)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

The CD key is linked to an account. So you cannot create a new account using an exisisting CD key.
You could get your mates account details, and use his account.
Regards, Glottis

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
You could get your mates account details, and use his account.
Regards, Glottis

which is against the CoC

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Addlcove
which is against the CoC

Yep.
But I just said he could, not that he should :)
Regards, Glottis

O

old.davidlqs

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
The CD key is linked to an account. So you cannot create a new account using an exisisting CD key.

Regards, Glottis

Not sure about that Glottis - I got a duff CD key with my DAoC / SI twin pack, and when RightNow failed to resolve the issue (<sigh> what a surprise that was) I tried the CD key from my original DAoC. Worked no problem, created a second account and both are still using the same CD key.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by old.davidlqs
Not sure about that Glottis - I got a duff CD key with my DAoC / SI twin pack, and when RightNow failed to resolve the issue (<sigh> what a surprise that was) I tried the CD key from my original DAoC. Worked no problem, created a second account and both are still using the same CD key.

Ohhhh :)
I bought a new DaoC version and later even a 2nd SI version for my BB.
Pretty sure the SI key only works once.
Regards, Glottis

S

Skaven

So, if you buy the expansion and just use the original cd-key from another classic cam box you can create a new account

Edit: Ignore, say's cd key is in use by another account :rolleyes:

Z

Ziva

I can log on an account using a loginname that doesn't belong with the account i registred, however i'm not sure if it is possible to create a new account using "older" keys. Afaik they are linked.

D

Danamyr

No matter - I've ordered a new set of Classic/SI discs, and have gotten my friends account details.

He has a Lvl 50 in Hib/Pryd, so I'll log that first, then /lvl a Cleric in Alb Excal, going full Enhance for use as a BB for the Necro (Lvl 1 - sob*) I am going to roll on my new account.

Complicated, but I'll get there :)

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by old.davidlqs

bullshit

F

- Fedaykin -

you can both use the same cd key as long as you have different accounts, meaning both have seperate games. me and my brother both have an account but when we need to use each others we simply log in keeping the cd keys the same cos they are too much hassle to change everytime, works fine

T

Thorarin

You don't need to enter a CD-Key at all to run the game, it's only actually useful to create the account you're going to use.

X

XeffoInfil

did u register the second account with the same cd key as the first one?!?!

O

old.davidlqs

I can't remember, but its a good question. Perhaps the registration process was persuaded to accept my new cd key, but the client application still refuses to accept its validity.

F

Flimgoblin

you don't need a CD key to run the client.

leave the box that pops up when you run the game blank and click OK.

You only need your CD key when initially registering the game, and then the SI CD key for upgrading to Shrouded Isles.

O

old.davidlqs

LOL !!

Whats the point of an entry field that checks whether the string you enter is valid, but accepts a blank entry?

Guess I must have registered the 2nd account with the new cd key then :rolleyes:

T

thorwyntf

Because the CD key is just there to register the account. That way they counter the effect that 3 people are creating accounts with 1 CD (key). Basically, it´s saying "I´ve bought a valid, new copy of DAOC once."
Once it´s installed and an account is created, the CD key isn´t used anymore except when you´re trying to creat a new account.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Danamyr
No matter - I've ordered a new set of Classic/SI discs, and have gotten my friends account details.

He has a Lvl 50 in Hib/Pryd, so I'll log that first, then /lvl a Cleric in Alb Excal, going full Enhance for use as a BB for the Necro (Lvl 1 - sob*) I am going to roll on my new account.

Complicated, but I'll get there :)

what is your friends name on hib/pryd?

B

blademistress

Actually, when you are to press "ok" when first firing up the daoc client, and it shows your cd-key.. you can just have nothing and still it'll continue >_>

Users who are viewing this thread