Queues?

Forgotten.

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda the same... waiting for 1 hour 10 mins ... got kicked when it was doing the opening script... back in the que now waiting for another 1 hour... oh open the servers already!! :(

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Didn't have to queue all night thankfully, no idea why destro is so popular.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
queue queue?

if it really bugs you that much get your guild to reroll on Order somewhere...

It sucks to be stuck in a queue (especially after a crash) but I think that the pain now will save a lot of problems later.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
well i went order on karak hirn and i had a 3 minute wait before i was able to log in.

I do see that destruction is going to be massivly overpopulated on most servers. But i see it as more cannon fodder for my cannon :D

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
I actualy considerd playing order because the servers were swamped with destruction so I tried the classes and just dont find them as fun for some reason.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
These queues just end up pissing off anyone stuck in it. I've managed to get to level 15 and where I'm levelling it feels like a ghost town - the majority of people are in tier 1 zones.

I'm not exactly going to abandon 16 hours of play time on an existing character by rerolling on another server just because of a queue. I just wish they'd come up with some better solution instead of dumping people in a queue. Allow people to play on an alternative server which doesn't have a queue and reserve a slot on their main server so they can have some fun until they've got a place.

I hope GOA are ready to take action if/when the servers are at full capacity with excessive queues after the final retail launch. I don't want to be waiting weeks for solutions to the problem.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Obviously it's not going to stay like this, just a matter of if they'll bother fixing it before or after the initial release I s'pose.

Helfar

Fledgling Freddie
Ok guys the reason the system is as it is, is to stop EVERYONE joining one server, and to help prevent severs being too unbalanced. I mean woudl you prefer an hour wait to play, or spend weeks playing and then find that your sever is 5 destro to 1 order? I know from playing games that it gets really frustrating for both sides when sides aren't at all balanced.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
well i went order on karak hirn and i had a 3 minute wait before i was able to log in.

I do see that destruction is going to be massivly overpopulated on most servers. But i see it as more cannon fodder for my cannon :D

hey Warky :)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I've not crashed yet as many seem to have done. So I've only experienced the queue once. When I logged in on the 14th there was no queue.

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
Early access is just a complete con to get more money flowing in ealier...we're paying the exact same as someone who buys the game on release.

I fell for it, alot of you did too. I bet more servers are added on thursday.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
These queues just end up pissing off anyone stuck in it. I've managed to get to level 15 and where I'm levelling it feels like a ghost town - the majority of people are in tier 1 zones.

I'm not exactly going to abandon 16 hours of play time on an existing character by rerolling on another server just because of a queue. I just wish they'd come up with some better solution instead of dumping people in a queue. Allow people to play on an alternative server which doesn't have a queue and reserve a slot on their main server so they can have some fun until they've got a place.

I hope GOA are ready to take action if/when the servers are at full capacity with excessive queues after the final retail launch. I don't want to be waiting weeks for solutions to the problem.

That would indeed be a good idea, allowing you to play on an alternate server while in queue :) Much like the scenario queues.
Doubt we'll see it for quite a while though - if ever - but the idea is good.

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
And people that buy on release don't get the game 4 days early.
I don't see your point?

My point is that many dont get in early because of server problems and queues therfore rendering the four day early access pointless.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Sorry Bronnac, I disagree. There may be a revenue element, but it also helps spread out the incoming server load over a longer period of time and helps the infrastructure have its load gradually increased over a longer period, this helping to spot bottlenecks sooner before they become showstoppers. If you think the queues are bad just now, you'd see worse if everyone was starting to play on the same day and there would likely be greater impact to unforseen load issues whereas this way they can be monitored and dealt with better.

I know some may be able to make cheap laughs for GOA bashing out of what I've just written, but I think you know its sensible and Mythic/GOA are following this reasoning for rollout.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
The queues are frustrating when you're in one but you soon forgoet about it once you get past it and it's better than spending however many weeks getting your character to level 40 only to find they'd started with way too many servers and yours is so empty there's no chance of ever participating in city capture etc.

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry Bronnac, I disagree. There may be a revenue element, but it also helps spread out the incoming server load over a longer period of time and helps the infrastructure have its load gradually increased over a longer period, this helping to spot bottlenecks sooner before they become showstoppers. If you think the queues are bad just now, you'd see worse if everyone was starting to play on the same day and there would likely be greater impact to unforseen load issues whereas this way they can be monitored and dealt with better.
Mate, thats not disagreeing with me lol :)

Any hoot I just realised my point means moot because I've not paid for WArhammer yet, even though we get a head start I dont think monies are charged until wednesday/thursday

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Im running Order on roleplay (cant remeber which server but it begins with a B). Ive not had any issues with ques at all yet - however the Order population is low compared to Chaos. There are definatley more Chaos ther. Having said that Ive just walk trough a couple of the contested areas without seeing more than a couple of Chaos and no Order at all.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Waited an hour in the Eight Peaks queue but then got kicked back to the char select screen during the intro sequence.

Now #400 of 430 with two hours to wait :(

Best queue I saw when I got home from work was around 570 for Destruction, the server said 18hrs lmfao.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Order population is low compared to Chaos. There are definatley more Chaos ther.

Well, we all kinda expected that one. Chaos was always gonna be the Alb of WAR and Order the Hib (Old Prydwen DAoC players will know where I'm comming from).

I always expected Chaos to do well at least for a while due to a potentially huge population advantage but reckon that it'll even itself out when people get bored of the queues ;)

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Early access is just a complete con to get more money flowing in ealier...we're paying the exact same as someone who buys the game on release.

I fell for it, alot of you did too. I bet more servers are added on thursday.

I fell for nothing.

I got head start which I'm enjoying right now, cant play with previous guildies due to realm and queue issues but hey ho..I'm playing and its not the 18th.

I dont know bout you but my credit card only just got charged.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Although I spent about 2 hours in the queue last night in total, I have to say that once I got in I had the best laugh I've had in an mmo in a very long time.

Pheonnexx

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah its a huge amount of fun. TBH i expected queues, but with WoW it was worse they had this situation going on for months.

It seems like they want to make people spread out more, when the 18th comes along more spaces will be available etc etc, i suggest people chill though and let things pan out before they panic

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
IF everyone is trying to get on the same side of the same server ofc theres a queue. Increasing the pop cap on that server may solve a short term problem but long term you'll make it a lot worse.

agree.
need spread population around littlebit.
so far 0 problem to log own char, but i play order side heh :)

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Well, we all kinda expected that one. Chaos was always gonna be the Alb of WAR and Order the Hib (Old Prydwen DAoC players will know where I'm comming from).

heh, still remember some relicraidnumbers to mids.
400 albs attacking relickeep!
/as spam. ah, normal fg alb RR.

1-2 times
300 hibs attacking relickeep!
/as what! where in hell they got so many players?
after fight, alott grey hibs, guess it was indeed realmwise raid, from lvl 5 to 50 :)

mids middle, but we had good leaders early days and made quite well :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom