Queues?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
yeah, i was wondering the same.

i couldn`t understand that such an optimistic thinking could possibly come from you.:lol:

Try harder then!

I am laughing about the people here really, if you bring an instanced system like AoC had, then they cry, if you put them into queues so the population gets balanced they cry too. The crowd can't be happy but I am glad that Warhammer puts a stop the realm population issues DAoC had.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Just logged in had to wait in a queue of 220 people, played for 5mins then got kicked back out to the character select screen, awesome.

Jilson

Fledgling Freddie
was hoping I could play before the Spurs game but at the mo i'm 546 of 628 but atleast I have made my cahrs and got the names that I want.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
at least now we know why the 7 days was added, it will take at least 7 days to get on a server and have a full hours worth of play time.

L0stS0ul

Fledgling Freddie
I can understand everyones frustration at wanting to play but geesh.... learn to chill out...
This is EXACTLY the same as what happened to WoW on release.... i spent many hours queueing.... shit happens they will increase pop and create more servers.... but not all at once.... its gonna take a good few weeks before they can get a proper set of stats for each server, load balance/network stress/performance ..... there's fck loads to make sure of before deciding what to increase....

Just wait till thursday and then pray! ;)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Just had a rather nice shepherd's pie, don't know if it was made with real shepherds though.

The big question is, should I have a beer now.

H

huppel

Queues i can handle, its when you kicked back to 400 when you change characters !!! I would expect you queue to log into your account NOT to play one character!!!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I LD about 15 minutes ago on Karag Orrud. Logging back in the queue started at 380, after 15 mins its 200 of 278 40 min estimate. :(

Darkious

Fledgling Freddie
Queues

I hope this queue stuff will be gone after the 18th.
To me it is the same as paying my television provider money and then having to wait 50+ minutes when changing channels!

------
Akkarin the Shaman of 8Peaks. -.- (21 minutes to go)!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Cheers :drink:

Putting some hobgoblin in the little fridge upstairs so at least I'm ready 161 to go ....

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I can understand everyones frustration at wanting to play but geesh.... learn to chill out...

normally server stress testing and server load balancing is done during the beta period.

We are now in the non beta period and so server caps, and what the servers can and cant handle should already be known.

It has already been stated the caps are in place so the starting areas are not over populated, which means things are going to be even worse on the 18th.

Its a bit like you buying a car, and then being told you cant drive it for 3 weeks as the roads are a bit busy and we dont want to cause traffic jams.

Im not bothered about a 15-20 min queue, I am bothered by a 1h 20 min queue to play my character, only for the game to crash 10 mins into playing it.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
got home, 1 hour que before it let me in..

Crashed, 600 / 607.
at about 200 / 600 they raise cap, I lose my position and go back to the end of the line, come all the way down to 2 / 400, game dosent launch for 5 minutes, I press the play button (again), and I get back to 400/ 400..

Smooth system indeed.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
normally server stress testing and server load balancing is done during the beta period.

We are now in the non beta period and so server caps, and what the servers can and cant handle should already be known.

It has already been stated the caps are in place so the starting areas are not over populated, which means things are going to be even worse on the 18th.

Its a bit like you buying a car, and then being told you cant drive it for 3 weeks as the roads are a bit busy and we dont want to cause traffic jams.

Im not bothered about a 15-20 min queue, I am bothered by a 1h 20 min queue to play my character, only for the game to crash 10 mins into playing it.

the server caps are there, partially to allow people who are not in headstart to join their guilds on the 18th.

if they would run the servers at max capacity and some servers would already be `full` before the 18th, people will complain because they can`t join their buddies.

having low server caps to start `should` have an effect that `non aligned` people will choose servers with shorter queues and balance people population a bit over the different servers.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
3rd time I got my que position reset, but this time the client just liked to share the CoC agreement once more!

Well designed system!

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
that may be so, but it isnt my problem if someone who didnt pre-order is not able to join his buddy because of this fact.

Why should we be punished for pre-ordering?

The population cap is not going to prevent the servers being full on the 18th, people can still create characters on a server it just takes them 2 hours to do so. In theory if the max pop available is 3000 accounts, there is nothing stopping 3000 accounts being created on that server before the 18th, and when the pop cap is eventually raised it will be full anyway, and they still wont be able to join their buddys.

The official statement claims it is because of the starting areas.

threeps

Fledgling Freddie
Queued for 1 hour 15 mins and lasted 2 minutes before the game crashed... back to 424 in the queue for me...

L0stS0ul

Fledgling Freddie
The official statement claims it is because of the starting areas.

That i can go with.... wasnt it EQ that the player base had a protest and got all the server pop to goto 1 location to crash the server?

Same happened many times when they opened AQ in WoW.... I know the server i played on had that issue.... there was such a high pop in 1 zone the server went tits up every 5 mins....

its a fact of an mmo birth.....

y'all can moan till your blue in the face n cancel subs GOA/Mythic sucks etc.... the rest of us will ride it out for a week or so n then enjoy the game fully.... (and hopefully they will follow Blizz's standard and issue extra days to accounts on particularly troublesome servers..... I mean all the EU OB's got 7 days extra already ?....)

Gomez0511

Fledgling Freddie
Getting stuck on login at a black screen with the WARHAMMER logo and the EULA not able to scroll the EULA down to accept.

Any1 else also have this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom