Questions and stuff

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Yesterday I got htinking everyone say scout uber ect ect, so I tried rollong one and try Thid. Some hibs might have noticed later yesterday, name Baldyshade.

BUT i lack to see where they pawn so much.(maybe they need lvl 50 to be good?)

1. try. Some hib caster, same con as me. got him to 30% then he ran out of range and I got an underhill ally on my ass. and guess what? the underhill ally meleed with 2 times the dam I do?????? Needless to say I ran and was lucky someone else killed the caster so pet died. Hibs usually buff their pets too??

2. try. a shar vamp. got him to 50% or so after 3-4 shots then interrupt with the powerdrain, since I have meleed a vamp before I ran again, knowing he would pawn me.

Since I cant 2 shot casters they usually run out of range.
I am specced 20 lb and some 12-15 thrust, rest shield.

I also looked into this because I allways see whines about ppl adding to fights ect. so wanted to see this code of honor in action. Didn't see even once, everytime I ended in melee I got pawned by 3-4 random hibs(not that its only hibs doing it, they are just the only ones there atm) and the one time an albs did not add on me but just looked I got pawned. :p

Conclusion:
Bad: Being in Thid atm if you are alb = sucks. The 1vs1 code of honor does not exist, everybody adds if they get the chance.
Good: Now we know hibs are as bad as albs ever where in zerging, they are no longer allowed to whine over it, albs still can, since they are behind on zergwhining.

So say so, do I just have no clue on how to play a scout or what? :p

PS: Whats this about not adding on a fair fight, what is a fair fight?? Melee vs Caster never fair so allways add? Buffed vs unbuffed = allways add? Its pretty much impossible to se in 2 secs if a 1vs1 is fair or just pawnage, so allways add and help a mate. (and I never really had a problem with that) seems to me the only ones whining over it is because a win situation ended with a loose situation. 1 full day in thid, ever experienced once ppl not addidng, from either side.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Baldrian said:
2. try. a shar vamp. got him to 50% or so after 3-4 shots then interrupt with the powerdrain, since I have meleed a vamp before I ran again, knowing he would pawn me.

sorry too hear your first day in Thid with your scout wasnt as good as you maybe thought it would be, I rolled a ranger specced for sniper style and thought it would be fun, but i was wrong it was harder to kill ppl before them running out of distance /los or running to me an bashing me to pulp :)
maybe your armour weapons arent as good as some ppls, better to have sc'd stuff i guess.

as far as the quote above says Shars have high hit points and if they got some power they will cast a heal over time spell as they are sprinting closer to you, they cant interupt your bow because they are in combat( not sure if power bolt interupts archers anyways) so basically when there on top of you you wont stand much chance unless your melee specc i'm afraid.

There are ppl in Thid at the moment both albs and mids i've seen respecting a code of honour and not adding in on fights or just after fights leaving a weakend enemy alone, I've done it many times myself. Rp would gain so much faster if i just added on to every skirmish i see :) There is a few names who i gotten to know and i think also know me and we just /salute or something and go our seperate ways.

Try duoing with another scout or inf that is where you will have more success i think.

Btw beware of Vamps casting a blue coloured spell before they reach a bridge . "wink wink"

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
It does interupt, did on my merc too in shortbow mode. Kinda lame a powerdrain interupt a class that dont have power. :p

Well if I cant kill a caster with a bow fully buffed, what worth is it? second option is adding to others fights getting 1-2 shots off, not what I hoped my scout would be. :(

Might also be because albs seems to be very underpopulated in Thid the last week or so. Not many solo hibs/mids that an archer can actually kill.

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
In order to minimize the chance of getting adds you need the respect of your enemies, what I mean by that is you need to prove yourself.
It can be done in a number of ways(just my personal suggestions of what one can do):

-Kill 2-3+ enemies in the same fight and survive
-Always solo
-Don't add on others
-Let enemies walk away with low hp
-Let people rest up before attacking
-Use positive emotes (i.e. /hug /salute /kiss and whatnot)

Some enemies never understand these things but they probably don't care either. As for avoiding realm-mates adding on "your fight" it helps having the same name on your thid char so people know how you play. Even giving some credit to an enemy on FH who defeated you instead of creating "I own" posts might help. On a side note, I don't play thid very often although it may sound like it, but I stop by from time to time for some insta fun.

As with all personal opinions, some might agree and some don't.

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
I will 99% of the time leave 1 vs 1 fights alone, i don't think of them as 'fair fights', i just see that it doesn't really matter who wins, you only /rel and go back, so i like to let people fight. I'm always a nosey pest, and i like to see who will win :)

Sometimes i will kill an enemy that has just killed an alb, other times i will finish them off, depends what mood i am in, what else is around, and who the enemy is.

As to scouts, i spec'd mine full lb, then all stealth, with no melee. At level 20 he did a fair bit of damage (i rog'd him up, not sc'd). I like to duo though, means you can actually kill stuff. At 24 i imiagine i should be ok solo, but if not, i'll stay as a duo. Using the bridge towers for range is good way to stop people running off, and also picking your targets wisely (watch for those casters with self bt down :) ).

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Strega said:
In order to minimize the chance of getting adds you need the respect of your enemies, what I mean by that is you need to prove yourself.
It can be done in a number of ways(just my personal suggestions of what one can do):

-Kill 2-3+ enemies in the same fight and survive
-Always solo
-Don't add on others
-Let enemies walk away with low hp
-Let people rest up before attacking
-Use positive emotes (i.e. /hug /salute /kiss and whatnot)

Some enemies never understand these things but they probably don't care either. As for avoiding realm-mates adding on "your fight" it helps having the same name on your thid char so people know how you play. Even giving some credit to an enemy on FH who defeated you instead of creating "I own" posts might help. On a side note, I don't play thid very often although it may sound like it, but I stop by from time to time for some insta fun.

As with all personal opinions, some might agree and some don't.

As I said it dont exist. Seems to me its for NS/SB/INF's only.

A solo with no stealth is usually a dead soloer. Since scouts cant see other stealthclasses at range he can only melee them, that again means he loose everytime. A lone caster, dead by stealthers, a lone tank, dead by stealthers/casters

So the only viable solo/code of honor classes seems to be stealth melee classes if what you state is needed for it. :)

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Baldrian said:
As I said it dont exist. Seems to me its for NS/SB/INF's only.

A solo with no stealth is usually a dead soloer. Since scouts cant see other stealthclasses at range he can only melee them, that again means he loose everytime. A lone caster, dead by stealthers, a lone tank, dead by stealthers/casters

So the only viable solo/code of honor classes seems to be stealth melee classes if what you state is needed for it. :)

Dude, tanks are *quite* capable of soloing in Thid, get some water pots, avoid the zergs, and pick of the loners and duo's. Ask flazhed, he solo's a lot, i did lots of solo and duo's. Stealthers (shadowblades in particular) seem to have this overwhelming urge to attack any solo'er, even if its a merc or other class that drops it in about 8 seconds... they just can't help it :)

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Well arent most of the supposed soloers "capped" lvl 24 with everything you are able to have in Thid?

And I havent seen a hib stealther there in years. :p they are all vamps now. :p and run in duos or trios

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Baldrian said:
Well arent most of the supposed soloers "capped" lvl 24 with everything you are able to have in Thid?

And I havent seen a hib stealther there in years. :p they are all vamps now. :p and run in duos or trios

Some are capped, some aren't. But that basic facts, even if you're fighting in groups in thid, you are at one hell of a disadvantage if you are level 20 in free armour.

In fact, i'm quite willing to bet that my (not quite capped out, but almost, and rr2) merc could take down at least 3 free armour level 20 tanks. Thats a fact of daoc, and won't change whether you are in thid or one of the other rvr area's. Unless you are playing a certain class (warlock being the best example), you aren't going to be able to do a damn thing to someone who is capped out if you are in 85% quality shite...

noblok

Part of the furniture
1v1 RvR does exist. I play a thane, hardly a stealther, but I get my share of duels. Of course I don't get a constant chain of duels, but around once every 10 minutes I get a nice fight. That's enough for me.

I'm not in it for the /stats or the "look at my killpsam!" (mostly 3:1 / deaths:kills). I tend to /hug a lot and I try my best to let my enemies live. This will sometimes result in getting myself killed, but so what? I know I woul've won if I gave him one more hit and I didn't get the annoying exp.

I haven't been on much the last two days and it appears that the Hibs are in a rather zergy mood. When I encounter a zerg I select one person, run away and spam /hug and /kiss in the meantime :). When they get to me and start hitting it's /cry. This strategy seems to work sometimes. It doesn't always, but since I don't stand a chance vs 4 I rather hug them than doing a suicide-run. I do use healpots though, but they aren't really indispensable.

On the "capped" thing. Yes, I've got a decent sc (some ToA bonuses from rog's), but I'm "only" RR 1.4 and don't have a buffbot. In fact I refuse buffs if a friendly healer/shaman buffs me, but then again thanes are truely overpowered :). What I'm actually trying to say is: you don't have to put too much effort into it: a sc template doesn't have to cost more than 1p and you don't need a buffbot.

Blokkie, thane

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
I've only had solo light-tanks in thid and don't have problems. Kinda helps with descent gear tho.

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Sometimes a cheap alternative to SC'ing is to use Rogs from your housing zone. I rog'd up my scout to cap melee resists, str, dex, con and quickness for about 400g... Its not perfect, but is enough to get by, and don't cost too much.

Amel

Fledgling Freddie
24 lb 19 stealth 10 thrust 8 shield... no idea why people keep thinking a scout is decent at melee in thid cos they aint :p in thid the only good scout is a sniper scout

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
I've played a scout for a long time in old frontiers, rerolled him several times when I got capped. This was the spec I've been using and it did work out very well:

Longbow 21+5
Stealth 19+5
Thrust 15+5
Shield 9+5

The lvl 15 thrust style, beartooth, is great. A scout has normally high dex and blocks a lot, so you can get the beartooth style (which chains off block and stuns your target for 5 secs) a lot. You can also use the engage->beartooth tactic if you need to escape for example or if you want to have an edge cause your target is stunned for 5 secs. The melee damage I was doing was reasonable, not as good as an infil but I could still keep up quite well against buffed sb's 1vs1 in melee if they can't get PA off...The problem starts when you get 2 or more on you :p. I've also been able to escape 2vs1 quite some times thanks to beartooth :). So I would prefer 21+5 longbow instead of 24+5 for the beartooth style you get at 15 thrust. The damage difference is really minimal anyway and the Crit Shot 8 ain't a lot better than Crit Shot 7.

Amel

Fledgling Freddie
ive always liked the sniper spec ;) just spec the way u play best with ;p

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
if you want a fair fight use /duel in the pk ;)

Argh Flim you should actually read before posting. :p

I never wanted a fair fight, just wanted to see if there where thruth in the secret code of honor thing. found out there is not.

So no dont want a fair fight, want to win. :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Baldrian said:
Argh Flim you should actually read before posting. :p

I never wanted a fair fight, just wanted to see if there where thruth in the secret code of honor thing. found out there is not.

So no dont want a fair fight, want to win. :p

It wasn't directed at you :) it was a general comment to those who do think this code exists... it doesn't - I've been soloing with my crossbow armsman (I mean anything can kill that solo) and people still go for me with duos/trios/fgs/whatever. It's occasionally fun though.

The best fights are the ones which you win... but only just ;)

Then the ones which you win by a small margin
The the ones where you only just lose at 1%

(rather win by a small margin 10-20% than lose by 1%, so sue me :p)

But I find the fights more enjoyable if it's a loss than a steamroll - but if it's lose every time or do some steamrolling I'll probably eventually get on the roller :p

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
I've played a scout for a long time in old frontiers, rerolled him several times when I got capped. This was the spec I've been using and it did work out very well:

Longbow 21+5
Stealth 19+5
Thrust 15+5
Shield 9+5

The lvl 15 thrust style, beartooth, is great. A scout has normally high dex and blocks a lot, so you can get the beartooth style (which chains off block and stuns your target for 5 secs) a lot. You can also use the engage->beartooth tactic if you need to escape for example or if you want to have an edge cause your target is stunned for 5 secs. The melee damage I was doing was reasonable, not as good as an infil but I could still keep up quite well against buffed sb's 1vs1 in melee if they can't get PA off...The problem starts when you get 2 or more on you :p. I've also been able to escape 2vs1 quite some times thanks to beartooth :). So I would prefer 21+5 longbow instead of 24+5 for the beartooth style you get at 15 thrust. The damage difference is really minimal anyway and the Crit Shot 8 ain't a lot better than Crit Shot 7.

Sounds like a good spec, and i can see the reasoning behind it, but personally i'm with Amel on this one, prefer to to my maximum capability with bow, and then just die if it comes to melee :) But thats just me :)

noblok

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
if you want a fair fight use /duel in the pk ;)
Here we go again :). In my oppinion 1vs1 does not equal a fair fight. In some cases 2vs1 or even 3vs1 is more fair than 1vs1. I'm now thinking of classes like bonedancer or vampiirs, but also about things like sc template, buffbot and level. That being said, I also enjoy the duelling in the pk ;).

Also: please don't say this code doesn't exist. It exists, it's just that not everyone knows/respects it. I for one will not strike first against a "weak target", I wil, however,l defend myself when attacked. When engaged into a duel I will try not to kill my opponent, but I instead back off when they're on 1-10% hp. Please note the 'try' though, if people keep attacking me although I've tried my best to make clear I don't want to kill them, I will not just stand watching my hp drop. Although sometimes I may just as well take off my armour to help a poor bluecon gain some exp.

Blokkie, Thane

Blokkie's dictionary said:
Weak target:
- a bluecon
- a caster (Thanes have a stupid amount of interupts)
- someone who I've killed easily before
- someone who's AFK
- someone who /surrenders

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom