question

Shar_Reloaded_Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
lets say, ive specced like the famous Wyrrd spec, if ppl know what im talking about,

and lets say, i want to go from 44 cd to 50 cd, and 36 blades to 40 blades,

how much will I improve my weapskill i.e. damage?

ty in advance:)

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
i belive one of the best spec would be 44Cd, 36weap, 35 stealth and 38Path the reason for this is that the dmg add and AF u get from Path will boost the hits alot more than 50cd would,tested it :) but that is just what i would do personally. i know it is a side track to ur question a bit, but imo it wouldnt be worth it. CD wont raise the weapon skill only blades afaik

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
well it depends on wat style he does...
if he uses ice storm..for cap dmg he needs cap cd ...
for diamond back to cap dmg u need cap pierce, and same goes for all style...afaik :p

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I didn't like the Wyrd spec at all. High PF had a nice damage add and AF, however AF is something you can get with charges and I find no reason spending all these points just for damage add and a better speed burst.

At the moment I have 50 CD and 44 Pierce and I'm very satisfied with my weaponskill and damage.

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Personally I didn't like the Wyrd spec at all. High PF had a nice damage add and AF, however AF is something you can get with charges and I find no reason spending all these points just for damage add and a better speed burst.

At the moment I have 50 CD and 44 Pierce and I'm very satisfied with my weaponskill and damage.

as i said it is something to do with ur personally playing style, i prefer the Dmg add cos it is cruel and boost the dmg which is a fact :) but then again i havent played my ranjur for so long now, he still sitting on rr4 or so :D toa up and everything, but as i said cba playing him :D

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
39 blades for asd
Traditional wyrd spec would have 50 CD
But that is designed around LA/CS users
as a ranger you will get much better dmg returns from speccing high in PF
go look at the tests on the critshot.com forums
you want 39 blades, 36 pathfinding and as high CD as possible (assuming 12 bow)
then use CD styles as your anytimes (ie squall) after getting off the blades asd chain

Shar_Reloaded_Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
whats ment with the asd chain?

to reduce opponents attack speed?,

because i can get that with ice storm chain with 50CD, wich u almost get in every fight

i cant figure out though, what styles are asd chain then

but ta for help

Shar_Reloaded_Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
after reading some info on critshot, im thinking about this spec,

shar melee ranger,

44 CD
39 Blades
39 PF (as test show it is worth it, more worth as going 50cd)
34 stealth, with MoS3 (i should be ok?)
rest in bow, i think that will make uhm, 7 bow?

I am autotrained, so, what do u guys think :)

would love a link to Dacht's tests on PF though from critshot if anyone has them, cant find em myself

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:
What's the famous wyrd spec?

Its 50/51 combined weapon spec(35+16 blade/pierce etc) and high duel wield spec. Ie

35blades
50CD/CS (for assasins)

And then you only use CD/CS styles. Tests have proved that you gain VERY little from speccing higher weapon, when using other styles.

Hope that explains it, a bit early for me here ;o

/Dracus

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Dracus said:
Its 50/51 combined weapon spec(35+16 blade/pierce etc) and high duel wield spec. Ie

35blades
50CD/CS (for assasins)

And then you only use CD/CS styles. Tests have proved that you gain VERY little from speccing higher weapon, when using other styles.

Hope that explains it, a bit early for me here ;o

/Dracus

Good explanation.

Combine this with Frozodo's comment about the 44 CD and the improving returns from speccing PF.

PF damage add is more significant that a lot of new players realise, upping your damage add over weapon spec seems to give a slightly greater return on you damage at higher levels (although sometimes at the expense of useful styles). I know this is arguable, just my personal view.

Taking 36 over 27 path is, imo, worthwhile and if i were to spec a melee ranger, i would go:

44 cd
35 blades
35 stealth
36 PF

Or maybe even:

35 cd
35 blades
35 stealth
46 PF

Going 50 cd, 35 blades and 35 stealth only leaves a possible 29 PF (unless autotrained, unsure what it would be in that case) which would hinder more than it would help.

Again, just an opinion.

Shar_Reloaded_Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
i am autotrained,

will go 44 CD, 39 Blades, 34 Stealth, 36 PF, rest bow

i think its perfect:p

as i made my ranger for only killing assasins, as they are 90% of my rp's:)

this with, purge 2, IP2, MoS 3, + malice and battler charges, and SoM up, i should do very nice (+ zephyr :) )

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Shar_Reloaded_Ranger said:
whats ment with the asd chain?

to reduce opponents attack speed?,

because i can get that with ice storm chain with 50CD, wich u almost get in every fight

i cant figure out though, what styles are asd chain then

but ta for help

attack spd decrease from spectrum blade (39 blades chains from anytime fire blade) de-hastes for 30% i believe..the CD spd decreases are only 15% afaik.

*shrug*

Shar_Reloaded_Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
Neffneff said:
attack spd decrease from spectrum blade (39 blades chains from anytime fire blade) de-hastes for 30% i believe..the CD spd decreases are only 15% afaik.

*shrug*

thank you:), and censi :D, i cba to redo my temp atm), im doing ok

no money qq :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom