Question

N

Neural Network

What can you do in this game besides levelling?
How does trading and manufacturing work and is it any fun?

W

Whisperess

Give it a try and see how you react the first time you get a monster instead of a fish when fishing ;)

O

old.tRoG

And enjoy having strange conversations with female japanese tarus about the prices of fish, the difference tides make to your catch, and how durable Pyrex dishes are.

I find crafting quite fun, really. A bit infuriating at first, but still quite fun and addictive.

S

Sharma

The crafting on FFXI is cool, rather than sittign around looking like youre doing bugger all, ala daoc, You actually look like youre doing something as the crystal animates as you synthesize something. :D

S

spathi

agreed tis quite cool, but disgustingly expensive to get anywhere in, and it'll take a massive cash output before the money starts coming back in, (i mean massive)...

i found out the best way to make money is to supply these crafter markets, and mining, digging or harvesting fields is extremely profitable, to the point where my character is wearing 150k worth of stuff and has another 50k or so vaulted...

besides, the majority of "decent" equipment is either quested (a la epic in daoc) or made by a number of already high-level japanese players which means the prices are affordable anyway :p

Users who are viewing this thread