Question to high level players

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Ok so i have just arrived in Alderran @ level 27.7 or so with 15+ quests yet to do in Balmorra/Tatooine and one on the smuggler moon (mainly heroics as i hate trying to get groups for them so i generally skip them.

Should i fly into the Quests on Alderran as is or should i go back and do all the quests i left behind me as im thinking maybe im a little low for the ones here ???

rynnor

Rockhound
I'd go back and do the lower level ones before they grey out - lowest mobs in Alderaan are 28/29.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Just go for Alderaan. I believe the bonus series on Alderaan start at level 28 (for empire anyway) so you are ahead by 2-3 levels already...

Edit : ok, seems it's different level ranges for Republic scum :cool:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The heroics are worth doing Punishment strive to find a group for them :p they gave v nice xp / mod rewards normally or an arse tonne of Commendations which in turn can help you mod yourself or companion out.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Almost 29 now but some of the mobs are challenging, pull 2 strong level 29's and a bunch of ranged and im in trouble

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i stayed in the "yellow" quest areas, moving to new planets which were flagged for class quest when it went orange or better
im 44 atm, missed out quite a few planets entirely, still got a shitload to do.
there is more than enough stuff, so dont worry about missing out on xp

also: take 45 mins, and do the PVP and Space Combat dailies. free cash + xp

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I tried one of the space quests and i failed 4 times in arow so i left it, i could kill the 60 ships but always got owned on 2nd pass to destroy the destroyers guns :(

I even splashed on level 1 gear for my shippy ><

Soazak

Part of the furniture
They are quite hard at first but get a lot easier when you get more ship upgrades

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye as Mabs said the spacecombat dailies are nice, i've gotten a few levels of those when I was around 30 ish.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Obviously I'm not the only one struggling to get groups for the heroics and flashpoints. Only classes to be in demand seem to be tanks and healers, and with groups being a maximum of four players DPS classes are spending a lot of time soloing.

Quests go green very quickly, if you're enjoying a quest series or a planet stick with it and finish them off.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Can't say i've had too much trouble finding a group for anything i need to do, mostly i see people in chat asking for people to do xxxx quest so i just join straight away.

rynnor

Rockhound
I'm doing everything as a duo with me healing - heroic 4's are challenging but its improving my energy managment a lot - the only issue is that since we do every bonus/heroic/flashpoint we are starting to out level content.

Mabs

space combat :
hold right mouse - mouse over up to 4 things, get lock - release mouse button to get most out of missiles.
Space bar - barrel roll
Make sure you have at least SOME shields
after that, a large missile bay is most important

i spent 105K getting full set of Tier 5 upgrades. went into a yellow mission.. and was shot down for the first time, within 30 seconds of starting... yay for "mobs" with shields :\

Mabs

Obviously I'm not the only one struggling to get groups for the heroics and flashpoints. Only classes to be in demand seem to be tanks and healers, and with groups being a maximum of four players DPS classes are spending a lot of time soloing.

Quests go green very quickly, if you're enjoying a quest series or a planet stick with it and finish them off.

the higher lvl stuff obv takes longer to decay
all classes afaik can choose to spec tank/dps, so why dont you, if its so in demand ? :p
or ask guild mates ?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
all classes afaik can choose to spec tank/dps, so why dont you, if its so in demand ? :p

Not all, marauder is pure dps for example.

Getting groups takes time when you PUG, so you do need patience. Get your craft skills up while waiting.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
or ask guild mates ?

My highest level character is a gunslinger, a pure DPS class. The alternative smuggler advanced class, the scoundrel, has a healing line but there is currently no option to change class. Not sure there should be either really, or there'll be no end of FOTM class jumping.

Guild mates might be an option, but I only joined one 24 hours ago...

Corran

Part of the furniture
only done a few pvp games early on, and daily space missions. By time I left DK i had already outleveled Hutta which i thought was funny . Infact I think Im only going to have seen half the planets by time i reach 50 at this rate.

Looking forward to tomorrow when i get home and be able to play on my pc instead of on the laptop. Cant even take out an equal level elite due to the delay on the laptop which is grrrrrrrrrr. And space combat is a pain as things dont render. lol. But still it doesnt matter as im certainly getting plenty of rest xp built up.
Caught my class quest up to date as now the mobs are my level, so glad about that. Cant wait to actually get my healing companion so dont have so much downtime healing up Khem.

Basically the way I see it, if you outleveled a planet then skip it. I was doing grey quests and it not worth the effort for 5xp. Skip it unless you want to see everything on the way to 50. I be going back to planets a 50 just to look around .

Mabs

only done a few pvp games early on, and daily space missions. By time I left DK i had already outleveled Hutta which i thought was funny . Infact I think Im only going to have seen half the planets by time i reach 50 at this rate.

well yes, you would

Bounty Hunter + Imperial Agent start on Hutta
Sith Sorc + Sith Warrior start on Drummond Kass

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Think he means Na Shadda. Apart form the class quest I kipped Na Shadda too. Same with Tattooine. I did the calss quest plus maybe 4 others and that was it. I do a lot of Flashpoints and PvP though.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Managed to finish the great hunt after a 45 minute fight with the Jedi master @ level 30, funfun :p

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Got all thoose datacrons up to Quesh.. :) Where i just landed as lvl41.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom