Question to archers!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Ok so i im not upto date on archers, asked a couple about it but they dont know how it possible.

What I am trying to find out is the following.

How can a ranger kill someone standing in a tower lord room that has not moved for 45seconds so there could be no lag image?

There are no hills about to make it possible to get los that way and the tower was still intact so I'm interested to know how it can be done.

Blackstuff

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe he was stealthed when tower was taken and shot you from inside?:) Were you afk?

Apart from that possibility I dunno how.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Blackstuff said:
Maybe he was stealthed when tower was taken and shot you from inside?:) Were you afk?

Apart from that possibility I dunno how.

He was outside tower, was 6 other albs in the tower (arrived a little before after 2 of the 4 rangers were killed ) and i just randomly fell down dead :p

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
The game God punished you for hiding in a building so the Cool archers can't shoot you :p

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
quite sure they fixed so you cant shoot through roofs etc.

so send it to GoA and get him banned

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Rellik said:
quite sure they fixed so you cant shoot through roofs etc.

so send it to GoA and get him banned
You can fire volley through windows tho, can't you?

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Depends on which tower it was. On some of them, you can shoot
spells/arrows on people through the opening into lordsroom.

It depends on the surroundings of the tower, and the level of the tower =) (height)
But it is possible, if the settings above is right^^

Corran

Part of the furniture
Vilje said:
Depends on which tower it was. On some of them, you can shoot
spells/arrows on people through the opening into lordsroom.

It depends on the surroundings of the tower, and the level of the tower =) (height)
But it is possible, if the settings above is right^^

Was surs 3 .. so unless there was a mass tidal wave that the git was surfing on to fire at me :D

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
There was a movie about some form of new cheat which allowed people to nuke/shoot through walls someone on VN made a movie about it when his entire group gets killed on the ground floor of a tower (no windows or anything) by an Eld that's nuking strait through walls (Can't find that movie but if I do I'll post the link here).
Not saying that happend there but you could never know.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Andrilyn said:
There was a movie about some form of new cheat which allowed people to nuke/shoot through walls someone on VN made a movie about it when his entire group gets killed on the ground floor of a tower (no windows or anything) by an Eld that's nuking strait through walls (Can't find that movie but if I do I'll post the link here).
Not saying that happend there but you could never know.

Happened to me, dirty enchanter + bainshee trying to nuke through walls. Then Alaron dropped down and Aoe'd \o/

Gelid

Fledgling Freddie
Was really weird I was there with Corr, we had just taken the tower and he randomly died about 45 seconds later oO

censi

Can't get enough of FH
volley kills fook all and takes time.

what he prolly did was have u targetted and faced. If you move around. (sometimes even if you move for a small distance) you can lag through the wall and he can shoot you.

might even be possible to crit doing this not sure.

thats almost certainly what is was.

Corran

Part of the furniture
censi said:

what he prolly did was have u targetted and faced. If you move around. (sometimes even if you move for a small distance) you can lag through the wall and he can shoot you.

might even be possible to crit doing this not sure.

thats almost certainly what is was.

That the point.. i wasnt moving... i wasnt even near my keyboard as i was on other pc typing... else i would have said "ah well lag"

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
If the frontdoor was kicked out of the tower, and the ranger was on the floor beneath your own, he can volley. It's a strange bug, and not really all that usable, so Mythic hasn't fixed it yet.

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
Gelid said:
Was really weird I was there with Corr, we had just taken the tower and he randomly died about 45 seconds later oO
`

as you said just taken the tower... he prolly was hiding inside too retake it after he killed ur afk ass :D

Corran

Part of the furniture
Phooka said:
`

as you said just taken the tower... he prolly was hiding inside too retake it after he killed ur afk ass :D

Was alb held tower and had been all along as i was afk in it when they originally attacked. Door went down, i killed 2 of them, group killed 3rd, then an arrow came from elsewhere (read: not from up lord room area as was people there doing things+mine on stairs)

It been reported, got an initial reply stating it should be impossible for any arrows to hit you whilst in lord room of tower in that location and updated them with as much information as i can. Now it down to them.

Thing is, got other people saying this person was doing it to them in other keeps today as well so makes me more suspect on the matter.

Edit: Phooka, more panning when you attacking a tower, will help you not get mezzed by a theurg that had been standing watching for 20seconds :p

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Had a similar thing happen - would be interesting to name the ranger - PM on here I guess best to avoid naming the suspect on open forum.

This was reverse though I was outside tower and started to get shot - ran round tower perimeter - getting shot at the whole time - attacker never appeared but I got the xxxxxx hits you with arrow for xx damage all the time - damage was very minimal and would have taken a while to kill me - but I guess being afk like you were, would have been long enuff - I rightnowed mine - not seen the alleged offender since so no idea if he got 'ye olde boot'

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
It been reported, got an initial reply stating it should be impossible for any arrows to hit you whilst in lord room of tower in that location and updated them with as much information as i can. Now it down to them.

how are you getting RN replies in 2 days time, while it takes RN to send me automated reply 2 days?
never had solved issue bugwise either xd

Corran

Part of the furniture
toxii said:
how are you getting RN replies in 2 days time, while it takes RN to send me automated reply 2 days?
never had solved issue bugwise either xd

I give them every single bit of information that relevent which seems to help get a quicker response. Stick in a description of what happened then add the following at the end.

Character played:
Character involved:(if report against someone)
Zone:
Location in zone:
Time (and timezone)

Also, as well as reporting the issue i also sometimes ask a question about the issue. So in this case i asked if there was possible ways to do it and if so how was it possible so that i could avoid it. May take 24hrs to get a reply but often they will answer the question.

But then, I never had a problem with getting responses etc from them, guess im lucky :D

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I've bothered reporting peeps for bug abuse a total of twice. First time, I got no reply or acknowledgement at all, second time the report was acknowledged but I got no update on the result of it or whether it was in-fact bug abuse.

In retrospect both instances probably didn't involve bug abuse per se (more 'creative employment of geometric design weaknesses') but it would have been nice to know either way. I suspect there's some stuff which, while not strictly classified as bug abuse, they don't exactly want you to know about so everyone can do it.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if someone gets penalised for bug abuse they won't tell you - they usually send out a standard disclaimer thing for cheat reports.

gohan

FH is my second home
censi said:

im not an expert on volley .... or on towers ..... even tho i am a scout \0/ but when i have used volly its fires like 3 arrows in 4-6 seconds and if they hit they do like 350 ish damage no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom