Question regarding xping without pl

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Hello hibies, wouldnt have wasted FH_space with this thread, but since meh banned on #celticfist (anyone knows why btw? xDDD) and prydwen hib thread is a bit,,, mm quiet (using dead with prydwen nearby is not a healthy idea nowdays :E). So my question is, how much time (days /played) would it take to get 50_and some toa (4-5 arties + ml5 for example)with a lvl 20 party in rogs without any sort of pl. Heard good things about catacombs, but i have prolly missed the thread about hows xping there with a set grp oO.

ty bla bla

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I reckon maybe about 10 days /played to 50 and ToA'd with artifacts (not all ML's tho)
Am at 11 days played atm on banshee lvl 48 (mostly solo, pl to 42), got all arties except one (7 in total). All arties are lvl 2+'
ML2 done
However i'm 743 SC so that's quite a few hours played...

And ye catacombs is nice to lvl in, but still you need to lvl up the support to be more or less self sufficient if ur doing a set group. Since you want the best possible items for templates etc. So mebbe lvl up 5+ anis and a few buffbots aswell.
The new french people are a good example, almost self sufficient w/o begging for arti help etc etc

Wert

Fledgling Freddie
Taskmasters (giving instace quests) give high exp for solo tarts (a vamp can go 1 -> 50 in 1 week using these)

As for group exp, all depends on your group and the size of it. If you are going for a fg that are grouped most of the time try this:

Tank (light tank e.g Bm/Vamp/VW)
Tank (Heavy Tank e.g. S/S hero, S/S champ, S/S Bm)
Bard (Basic RvR spec, 47 music, 43 nurture, 16 reg, 5 weapon)
Warden (personally i like battle warden [high weapon low reg] but up to you how you spec this one)
Reg druid (40 reg 36 nature [any higher reg is waste of points])
Nurture druid (44 Nurture 31 Reg [best buffs + yel spread + 75% single insta]
Enchanter (mana spec ofc :p)
Other caster class (any class apart from ani, they are sloooow, try another pb or an aoe class [light/mana menta, SG bainshee, Void eld])

Hope this helps for leveling, as for getting a fg all the arti's you want, depends on how badly you want them and are prepared to farm the scrolls and camp the arti's.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
thanks for the replies.
i reckon we would level decently then, last time i did normal leveling was focus pulling in corus. (i would like to play with a bm-bm/hero-2pbae-bard-warden-druid-druid setup, sick of banelord spamage :f + bb / animist bot, but those can get pled later) Artifact wise iam a maximalist kind of, so that may take a while, but should be easier then on my sm in pvesuxgard ::p Only thing i was wondering about is mana regen, after fop xping it kinda sux to stare at your mana bar for minutes ::p

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
Heya dorins was fighting u some months back, and weve tested some setups fairly recently and wouldnt want you to go with a bad one. Replace the hero with a champ, you NEED a blockbot for pbae xp, and champs rock in rvr. Best for PVE and good rvr is mana eld/Mana chanter, or option 2 would be mana chanter/eld and bainshee with the pbae pulse. Hib TOA is pretty easy compared to other realms as 3 animists will get u 90% of what u need,and really TOA isnt that busy. 25 -30 there arent many classic XP spots once ur 30 tho its plain sailing. CM to 38-40, then SI dungeon 40 -45, and 45 to 50 in DF or on the old fins / TOA. As an established player i got my NS fully toa'ed and 50 in uber temp in 4 days /played.

Maybe alb is more appealing to you guys aswell. Can tell ya, RR1 hibs, no matter ur temp, its not an easy ride.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
catacombs is verry fast xp + underpopulated bonusses free lvl ftw xD

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Dorin said:
but since meh banned on #celticfist (anyone knows why btw? xDDD)
ty bla bla

btw #groove.daoc is new cf chan for le whine ! :eek:
oh and are u going hib on pryd? come excal and i'll PL you :p

Dorin said:
Dorins RR7 SM Summoner of Karl, Wittor's best pal

nice sig
hows Karl?! :p

Acetylsalicylic

Fledgling Freddie
Exp is good but teh population in those exp zones are next to none, so hope you have a commited long term group. As for toa its easier cause of teh ani's but not frequent, same goes for mls, pre-steps are arranged via ml raid on a weekly basis instead of teh alb/mids who run presteps ml1Lx-ml6Lx in a weekend and go ml1-ml5 in a week. But we do get there in teh end.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
well with fixed grp it shouldent be hard to xp to 50 only problem is in most groups that ppl don't stay togheter

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
wittor said:
well with fixed grp it shouldent be hard to xp to 50 only problem is in most groups that ppl don't stay togheter

unleashing my twisting personality on old guild members (xD), making every minute of their life a misery, direct pain will do the trick over time :p till they dont follow meh back to daoc for some wonderful pve :) Depends heavily on clustering though :[ hope goa wont mess up this one

wittor said:
oh and are u going hib on pryd? come excal and i'll PL you

yeh got 50ish chanter + some old friends that may give a hand who knows :p Really hope clustering goes live, cba with new acc (nor wanna waste cash on it) or prydwen without cluster. Thanks for the offer though :p might haunt you with this quote via clusterl8r :E Karl is fine, though am so newbie after 6months without daoc, i got prawned over and over by motorcunno in the morning :) so he is a bit upset atm :[

Eluvia said:
Replace the hero with a champ, you NEED a blockbot for pbae xp, and champs rock in rvr.

becouse of RA'-s ? i thought hero rox champ as in blockbot. will think about it.

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
as block bots hero and champs are identical. Champs have slightly less hp. Guard is really not usefull in RVR atm cus of bg etc. Sure you can guard vs archers etc, but 42 shield does that great. Basically in answer tho, the guard exactly the same tho most champs not to spec 50 shiled but 42 cus champs have another line thats worth speccing in. Also, hero's arent far off awfull in rvr.

Sardine

One of Freddy's beloved
Natural Selection lvled from 20-50 in the frontiers, we got lvl 50 in just over a week.
If you have 2 Verdant animists in your group and one pbaoer, you will see the xp roll in :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom