Question regarding signing up for beta

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Hello.

I was just wondering.. when you register an acc on war-europe.com and click "yes i would like to participate in the beta" or whatever it says.
Shouldn't there be some kind of application you can write for it?
Because as a loyal player of daoc and an experienced mmo gamer i really feel i should atleast have the chance to write a little something about myself and not just uploading my computer speccs...

/ado

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
Hello.

I was just wondering.. when you register an acc on war-europe.com and click "yes i would like to participate in the beta" or whatever it says.
Shouldn't there be some kind of application you can write for it?
Because as a loyal player of daoc and an experienced mmo gamer i really feel i should atleast have the chance to write a little something about myself and not just uploading my computer speccs...

/ado

first of all, the box says "I do NOT wish to apply for the beta test", so you should leave it unchecked if you want to become part of the beta.
Secondly: no, they don't work with that kind of application :( Occasionally there are contests (eg the newsletter each month, or other special competitions) you can join to increase the chance of getting your hands on an invite, and they also sometimes just select a certain amount of people randomly from the applicants and the lucky winners get beta invite.

Basically there's nothing you can do to get into beta except for being lucky and/or try to win a contest.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
first of all, the box says "I do NOT wish to apply for the beta test", so you should leave it unchecked if you want to become part of the beta.
Secondly: no, they don't work with that kind of application :( Occasionally there are contests (eg the newsletter each month, or other special competitions) you can join to increase the chance of getting your hands on an invite, and they also sometimes just select a certain amount of people randomly from the applicants and the lucky winners get beta invite.

Basically there's nothing you can do to get into beta except for being lucky and/or try to win a contest.

well when u register it says I want to join the beta (checked it myself now ;))

And as far as i know in the american beta registering thingy you could write up to 1000 words about yourself and your mmo experience..
But oh well :)
Can't complain on the fact that theres so many people wanting to play this great game!

ileks

Part of the furniture
I always thought those application things were just to check it's a human being applying tbh.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Wrong. It only says that AFTER you have initially ticked the box as described by the OP.

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
The forum you need to fill out is under profile when you log in. It's essentially your system information.

I've found that you can't tell a beta tester by what they write about themselves. It is essentially pot luck as to whether they will just play for free or actually actively hunt bugs.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
It's a nice idea but lets be honest, who the fuck will stick his hand up when a Mythic boss says "Erm, anyone wanna read all these people's applications about how they could be great for our beta"...

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
It's a nice idea but lets be honest, who the fuck will stick his hand up when a Mythic boss says "Erm, anyone wanna read all these people's applications about how they could be great for our beta"...

Same people who reads thru computer speccs :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Same people who reads thru computer speccs :p

No chance, I bet they have macro's or filters which look at specific things within the dxdiag or the submissions entered off the site.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
No chance, I bet they have macro's or filters which look at specific things within the dxdiag or the submissions entered off the site.

hehe yeah probably :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom