Question: Realm ability SoS

P

Pin

Originally posted by Apathy
Yes, but it doesn't tell you when you can and cannot use it i.e. if you are already stunned/mezzed/rooted or whatever.

That's plain common sense in my opinion. Why should you be able to use SoS while Mezzed/Stunned? It's not a Purge.

A

Apathy

I really don't think common sense is much of a priority at Mythic.

Besides, common sense could lead you to think that SOS can be used whilst CCd. After all, it negates it, yes?

a.

P

Pin

Besides, common sense could lead you to think that SOS can be used whilst CCd. After all, it negates it, yes?

No, it does not negate CC, it just removes the movement penalties associated with Mezz, Root, Snare and Stun for 30s.

It doesn't mean you can hit anything, or cast a spell, it just means you can run around, but are still mezzed or stunned.

A

Apathy

Why should that automatically preclude the assumption, then, that you can't activate it whilst under the influence of the negative spell effects?

a.

P

Pin

Why should that automatically preclude the assumption, then, that you can't activate it whilst under the influence of the negative spell effects?

Because you can't do anything while under the effects of Mezz or Stun (except cast Purge, which removes the effects - which SoS does NOT do).

A

Apathy

Whilst SOS doesn't remove the effects it still lets you function whilst they are on you. Purge does the same, essentially, except going so far as to remove the effects.

Why is it commonsense to assume that only one can be used *during* the effect, even though the actual results are essentially the same?

It's not. Mythic should document their game more thoroughly and then there wouldn't be such a need for things like the Grab Bag.

a.

P

Pin

Whilst SOS doesn't remove the effects it still lets you function whilst they are on you. Purge does the same, essentially, except going so far as to remove the effects.

Why is it commonsense to assume that only one can be used *during* the effect, even though the actual results are essentially the same?

FFS. SoS does NOT let you function whilst the effects are on you. You are still stunned (i.e. you cannot hit someone, you cannot cast any spells), you are still mezzed (i.e. you cannot hit someone, you cannot cast any spells). The only thing it does is enable you to run around at 200% speed for 30s.

The only thing that is completely (temporarily) removed by SoS is Root/Snare because the ONLY effect these have is to reduce your movement speed.

Purge does NOT do the same. Purge completely removes all negative effects from you. After Purge you can hit things, you can cast spells AND you can move around again (but only at 100% speed).

SoS is NOT a temporary Group Purge with speed enhancement!

F

Fagane

Pin, could I ask you what you think is better (semi solo minstrel) to get first? Purge or SoS?

I got little to none expieriance with a minstrel. Thanks,

Fagane

A

Apathy

Originally posted by Pin
FFS. SoS does NOT let you function whilst the effects are on you. You are still stunned (i.e. you cannot hit someone, you cannot cast any spells), you are still mezzed (i.e. you cannot hit someone, you cannot cast any spells). The only thing it does is enable you to run around at 200% speed for 30s.

The only thing that is completely (temporarily) removed by SoS is Root/Snare because the ONLY effect these have is to reduce your movement speed.

Purge does NOT do the same. Purge completely removes all negative effects from you. After Purge you can hit things, you can cast spells AND you can move around again (but only at 100% speed).

SoS is NOT a temporary Group Purge with speed enhancement!

I know it doesn't. Moving around = function.

Now, using only common sense...if you are mezzed and then SOS goes on and you can movebut can't cast...then you get hit (An act that breaks mezz.)...can you cast?

What does commonsense say? What does actual experience show? Why don't Mythic fully document it?

I'm not squabbling over what SOS does and doesn't do - I just think this thread and a lot like them could be avoided by proper documentation.

a.

G

granny

Purge.

Probably the most important RA for any alb tbh :)

And LOL @ Pin having to repeat what SOS does, like, 10 times and somebody STILL not getting it *cough*Apathy*cough* :p

M

moo_work

Yes, but it doesn't tell you when you can and cannot use it i.e. if you are already stunned/mezzed/rooted or whatever.

It is lacking in detail. Vital detail.

a.

well it's a spell, and insta spell - can you normally cast your insta spells when you're mezzed/stunned?

the only exception to the mezz/stunned rule is purge afaik.

M

moo_work

Originally posted by Fagane
Pin, could I ask you what you think is better (semi solo minstrel) to get first? Purge or SoS?

I got little to none expieriance with a minstrel. Thanks,

Fagane

every minstrel, EVERY minstrel should get SOS first - since a) its fucking useful, b) all u need is rr2 to get it c) it's basicly taken as a given that if you group up in rvr every single minstrel has sos, people dont even ask if you have it they ask if it's charged.

M

moo_work

oh also the rather nice bug where if you are sosed and mezzed u can still cast cure-mez on yourself

P

Pin

Now, using only common sense...if you are mezzed and then SOS goes on and you can movebut can't cast...then you get hit (An act that breaks mezz.)...can you cast?

You mean as opposed to not having SoS and just standing still until someone hits you?

SoS didn't break mezz. Someone hitting you did. You can cast because someone hit you, not because your minstrel fired SoS.

And yes. Every minstrel should buy SoS at R2L0 - first 10 points.

F

Fagane

thanks all for replaying to this thread (thanks Pin specialy).

Fagane

G

greenfingers

and me for posting totaly lag of intelligence post's .. hahaha

well .. actually I was wrong about SoS .. I just thought different :(

G

Gordonax

If you're under 50 and still in the xp grind, I'd definitely go for SoS - used properly in PvE, it can help you get out of some bad situations and keep a party that gets into trouble alive. I've used it quite a few times to get a party out of jail when we've pulled too many adds.

H

Hit ^_^

someone probebly said it but
1) no
2)no atleast what i have noticed.

if you get stuned/mezzed its still on tho..

and SoS+Bof=insta win(if you use it right..... Its not to be used to escape!!!)

R

Ravenbourne

/waves to albion :)

Originally posted by Karlo
wrong.

SoS is better then group purge.. well imo anyway.

Group purge has no immunity. SoS stops you being rooted, stunned etc. Pretty uber imo :p

True, purge is a waste of time as soon as you burn it you get rooted/mezzed again. Good for getting rid of rez sick though..

A

Arnor

hi,

I got 2 questions about SoS, the minstrel realm ability:

1) Can I use it while stunned?

2) Will it affect group members who where stunned at the moment I activated it (eg move in the stun period).

Thanks a lot,

Fagane

its not worth it btw, dont bother getting it

honest guv!

U

ulke

Originally posted by Pin
And in general, people need to stop looking at SoS as a means to run away.

SoS should be used to kite melee groups. The perfect tool to keep out of reach of Zerkers and Savages while your tanks kill the enemy support.

Exactly, its pretty hard to kill a caster with sos and bof up, good thing most mistrels use it as a selfgetaway, while rest of the grp is gettin ganked :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom