Question: Realm ability SoS

F

Fagane

hi,

I got 2 questions about SoS, the minstrel realm ability:

1) Can I use it while stunned?

2) Will it affect group members who where stunned at the moment I activated it (eg move in the stun period).

Thanks a lot,

Fagane

K

Karlo

3) Is it possibly the best RA in game

answer: yes

Z

zlair

what pin said...

u cant use any RA unless purge if stunned, so if u stunned u need to purge and then SoS so the rest of grp can move too

(i think - im no minst ;) )

J

jilson

Pin is correct.
Greenfingers is wrong.

No
Yes

altho i usually lag so much i have spammed SOS, but yet it still doesn't work cause i'm mezzed etc gh3y pc!

K

Karlo

wrong.

SoS is better then group purge.. well imo anyway.

Group purge has no immunity. SoS stops you being rooted, stunned etc. Pretty uber imo :p

K

kirennia

If you are stunned or mezzed or anything that COMPLETELY hinders 100% of you movement for any period of time, you cant use SoS. It therefore is best to use when entering a fight instead of once CC has been used.

A

**Aligro**

if your mincer used sos when you were mezzed/rooted/debuffed etc.. when sos runs out, you get those negative effects back, so its a 30 second group purge

L

Luv_Bunny

i charged once while mincer had SoS on (was supposed to run but who cares) ran into 2 fg of hibs, got mezzed etc but nothing sticked, ran away when SoS was gone tho

G

greenfingers

well .. it does NOT remove Mezz or Stunn ... it just DELAYS the time on them .. like instant stun from a Healer can be SoS'ed .. but only for 30 secs, then U are EWULY stunned again (if the stun lasts for more then 30secs ofc)...
But it gives U the time to get away from your opponents, so it's a VERY nice RA ;)

O

old.Outlaw

I hate to help the nme here, but SoS does not negate -str debuff, imagine my suprise when 7 ppl in my group are runnign with poor lickle meh unable to move :eek7:

G

greenfingers

SoS overrides ALL .. I mean ALL debuffs, stunns, mezz, whatever ... and U can run with FULL speed (normal mincer speed) in 30 seconds, after that, the spells reactivate, unless they ofc don't have any effect any more...

A

Apathy

You'd think Mythic would write decent documentation for their crap, wouldn't you?

I mean, unless they don't even KNOW was SOS does. In which case, who is making RAs up at Mythic? Do they have a program written in COBOL that just picks a few qualities from a list at random and sticks them together?

"We'd be able to give you more information but we fired the COBOL guy. In the meantime, here's...Sanya! We've doped her up goooood."

a.

G

greenfingers

try making a Minstrel, and find out Apathy... and stop bitchin

O

old.Filip

when using SOS you have to be aware of a few things ..

1) If you are hit by Stun or Mezz you need to purge first (the minser)

2) If you sos Cleric's tell me their instants dont work ...

3) Purging Snare during sos does nothing.. except you loose you purge and Snare still stick's on you ... i allso think str/Con debuff sticks even though purge..

im sure some of this is error's (2,3) but i cant be ass'ed to spam goa about it ...

F

Fagane

And now the big Question, SoS or Purge first?

Fagane

P

Pin

Originally posted by **Aligro**
if your mincer used sos when you were mezzed/rooted/debuffed etc.. when sos runs out, you get those negative effects back, so its a 30 second group purge

No it is not a 30s group purge. All SoS does is remove the movement penalties associated with Mezz, Root, Snare and Stun for 30s.

Originally posted by greenfingers
well .. it does NOT remove Mezz or Stunn ... it just DELAYS the time on them .. like instant stun from a Healer can be SoS'ed .. but only for 30 secs, then U are EWULY stunned again (if the stun lasts for more then 30secs ofc)...

No it does not delay the time on Mezz or Stun, it just removes the movement penalties associated with Mezz, Root, Snare and Stun for 30s.

SoS overrides ALL .. I mean ALL debuffs, stunns, mezz, whatever ... and U can run with FULL speed (normal mincer speed) in 30 seconds, after that, the spells reactivate, unless they ofc don't have any effect any more...

No, SoS does nothing against debuffs. No SoS does not override all. SoS just removes the movement penalties associated with Mezz, Root, Snare and Stun for 30s.

Originally posted by Apathy
You'd think Mythic would write decent documentation for their crap, wouldn't you?

They have!

http://www.camelotherald.com/realmabilities/minstrel.html

Speed of Sound Active 30 min. 10 0 0 0 0 N/A N/A Your group moves at twice normal speed for 30 seconds. This ability will not break in combat. This ability also bypasses the movement penalties from mesmerize, root/snare, and stun, although other effects such as inability to attack will remain.

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.Outlaw
I hate to help the nme here, but SoS does not negate -str debuff, imagine my suprise when 7 ppl in my group are runnign with poor lickle meh unable to move :eek7:

Correct, SoS has no effect on encumbrance.

P

Pin

But it gives U the time to get away from your opponents, so it's a VERY nice RA ;)

And in general, people need to stop looking at SoS as a means to run away.

SoS should be used to kite melee groups. The perfect tool to keep out of reach of Zerkers and Savages while your tanks kill the enemy support.

A

Apathy

Originally posted by Pin
They have!

http://www.camelotherald.com/realmabilities/minstrel.html

Speed of Sound Active 30 min. 10 0 0 0 0 N/A N/A Your group moves at twice normal speed for 30 seconds. This ability will not break in combat. This ability also bypasses the movement penalties from mesmerize, root/snare, and stun, although other effects such as inability to attack will remain.

Yes, but it doesn't tell you when you can and cannot use it i.e. if you are already stunned/mezzed/rooted or whatever.

It is lacking in detail. Vital detail.

a.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom