question new tax

O

old.Tohtori

Sicko and Glendy had a fight, duudaa, duudaa.

They both flamed with all their might, dum di duudaa dei.

Well now ain't this fun!
Bashing in the sun!
Soon they'll both get miniguns, dum di duudaa dei!

tik..tik..tik...tik...it continues!

I'm gonna get my ass flamed now, duudaa, duudaa.

Gonna get chopped up like a christmas cow, dum di duudaa dei.

Just had to sing this song!
I know that i'm wrong!
But one day those guys will make up, dum di duudaa dei!

:D

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

*calls down orbital strike on Toto*
There you go. Keep singing, though... ;)

C

chretien

And if you want less attitude, maybe you should look to your own smartass remarks as the start of it? Or are you just unconciously insulting?
When in my first post was I either 'smart-ass' or unconsciously insulting'?
Get over puberty, the world will look a better place when you do.

S

ssera

Originally posted by old.Glendower
ssera:
Since I live in the country with the highest incarceration rates in the world (739 per 100,000), and whose idiot president uses our tax money to fund his private and illegal wars; yes, I think people should lie to the authorities (and especially to private corporations like Sony...this isnt an application for public aid or anything, you know :) ) as much as possible when their own privacy and money is concerned. By all means, if you think this is a fair tax and WANT to pay it, please do.

But no, I am not a lawyer, I work with the legal system, so there is a bit of a difference. For instance, I do a lot of research and paper filings at various agencies for those guys and then they stand up in court and use it. I cannot legally represent someone in a court for the big bucks, and they can. I spent maybe 3 years getting my degree and a Juris Doctor in law takes MUCH longer and cost LOTS more.

However, the most frequently given advice I see lawyers give is; "Keep your mouth SHUT! DONT talk to the authorities, and DONT volunteer information."

But it is worth noting the idea that levying a fine and actually collecting it in the end are two different things.

Edit: oops hit the submit button by accident =/

Ok, I didn't realise you didn't actually *like* the country you're living in. If I were living in the US then I'd probably feel just like you (bit biased tho being French ;)) Fair enough also about your job, don't know much (anything) about the path to becoming a lawyer, let alone in the US...

But, I still don't think it's *that* easy to just bypass a law like that. Think about, when you pay with your credit card for this service, they're gonna have your address too, and the address of the bank. You'd be hard pressed to pursuade your bank you really had moved abroad and get your billing address changed. If they found out what you were doing then you'd probably be in serious trouble...

That being said, this law doesn't affect the Euro DAoC players as everything is within the EU. Besides, everyone said they'd quit when the subs prices got hiked up but no one really did... Whining about something is a way to release your anger.

One last thing: there's a big difference between shutting your mouth and giving out false information. You guys have some ammendment about having the right to remain silent don't you?

D

deffy

Originally posted by ssera
Right, I'm assuming you're a rl lawyer (you got the degree pretty weird if you don't actually use it...) and you know lots about US law. What you're telling us Europeans is the lie so we don't get burdended with the tax. I can live with that but just thought it funny comming from a lawyer, out of interest do you tell everyone you meet to lie to get what they want...?

Lol! What kind of stupid question is that?! He's a lawyer! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom