Question ive always wanted answering

Laddey

FH is my second home
What instincts are humans born with? I mean from popping out of that hole to opening your eyes. What instincts we got?

Would breathing be an instinct?

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
What instincts are humans born with? I mean from popping out of that hole to opening your eyes. What instincts we got?

Would breathing be an instinct?
Hunger and Thirst?

i actually think we are alll born with every instinct we have as adults tho..

i think my train of thougt it.. if u had a kitten just born.. and segregated it alone it would still grow up with cat like instincts. so why not humans also?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
if you chuck a baby into a pool of water it knows to hold its breath, so theres one.

though i dont advise chucking babies in pools of water unless they are an ethnic minority of course!

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
take cookcoo's there raised by a totaly differnt species of bird. And kill off all that birds chicks. And then when there an adult they know they lay there egg's in someone elses nest. Who tells em they have to do that? :m00:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
toeing the line there as usual tristram-

tris-

toeing the line there as usual tristram-

it was only a joke, i have no issues at all with any ethnicity :(

my mother only says tristram when im in trouble, its scary :eek:

Everz

FH is my second home
it was only a joke, i have no issues at all with any ethnicity :(

my mother only says tristram when im in trouble, its scary :eek:

you were named after diablo.. lol ;<

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
As far as i know we got instincts that makes most of us afraid of snakes, large predators and scorpions. i also believe that its a Human instinct to avoid dark places. (more of a animal instinct, but its there from way back, could be a enemy there etc :p)

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Breathing is a reflex, not an instinct. Seeking out boobies is an instinct :p Men seeking out sex most of the time is an instinct aswell. Where as blinking if something comes towards your eye is a reflex.
So humans, depending on where they live, are just born with simple instincts. as a baby it's feeding ofc. later as mentioned reproduction.
Fight or flight, is an instinct. Brought on by fear. But fear of a particular animal is not instinctual though. What is instinctual is the fear of animals you KNOW to be dangerous. If your dad had snakes as pets when you grew up. and let you pet and look at them. You would most likely not develop a fear of snakes (unless you have a bad exprience with em). However, your instinct would warn you when you encounter aggressive behaviour in a snake, such as hissing, striking or rattling.

Hope that makes it clearer :p

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Breathing is a reflex, not an instinct. Seeking out boobies is an instinct :p Men seeking out sex most of the time is an instinct aswell. Where as blinking if something comes towards your eye is a reflex.
So humans, depending on where they live, are just born with simple instincts. as a baby it's feeding ofc. later as mentioned reproduction.
Fight or flight, is an instinct. Brought on by fear. But fear of a particular animal is not instinctual though. What is instinctual is the fear of animals you KNOW to be dangerous. If your dad had snakes as pets when you grew up. and let you pet and look at them. You would most likely not develop a fear of snakes (unless you have a bad exprience with em). However, your instinct would warn you when you encounter aggressive behaviour in a snake, such as hissing, striking or rattling.

Hope that makes it clearer :p

While your idea is good, and you got some points, I would argue that reflexes are also instincts.

Instincts per definition, is the "abilities" humans are born with, other stuff is learned.
Learned stuff can be tied to an instinct, as you say with fear and animals we know are dangerous.
All instincts are located in the reptile brain

I know a good few instincts:
Breathing (if you get knocked out cold, you still breath, as your reptile brain takes over)
Crouching together/bending forward if surprised by loud noise behind you
Protecting your head if your fall off balance (either around head or trying to stop the fall with hands behind back)
Survival (hunger, thirst, sleep) and reproduction (sex!!!) are primal instincts
Crying to clear throath at birth
Crying to get attention (for food from mother)
Fear of Danger (very general, but would be a lot of things to list)
And your most POWERFULL instinct (reflex if we go by Blackjacks way of expressing it): If you suddenly smell something awefull right infront of your nose... SLAM, you throw your head back (Your nose is the sense that is connected most with the reptile brain)

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
As far as i know we got instincts that makes most of us afraid of snakes, large predators and scorpions. i also believe that its a Human instinct to avoid dark places. (more of a animal instinct, but its there from way back, could be a enemy there etc :p)

Funny thing, isn't it?
Why do we fear darkness?
Because of the unknown, nothing is as frightning to a human as the unknown...

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
While your idea is good, and you got some points, I would argue that reflexes are also instincts.

You are right, some reflexes are instinctual. And the definition of a reflex and an instinct lie very close together. As they are both an automated reaction to external stimuli. I would argue however, that some is instinctual reflexes, Simply muscle contractions. Should be defined as reflexes, not instinct. And that instinct should only be used in cases when your subconcious gives you the inclanation to a certain behaviour which you have not been taught, not just a muscle contractions or spasm, but actual behaviour.
But in this case i guess we would just be arguing pragmatics :)
Since neither (or both of us) would be wrong :)

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
You are right, some reflexes are instinctual. And the definition of a reflex and an instinct lie very close together. As they are both an automated reaction to external stimuli. I would argue however, that some is instinctual reflexes, Simply muscle contractions. Should be defined as reflexes, not instinct. And that instinct should only be used in cases when your subconcious gives you the inclanation to a certain behaviour which you have not been taught, not just a muscle contractions or spasm, but actual behaviour.

True, agree 100%
Didn't think of muscle contractions or spasms when I replied yesterday :)

Laddey

FH is my second home
Well that summed that up, thanks all :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
But Laddey, to answer the question you were REALLY asking is...yes, wanking is totally normal and even considered healthy. Wanking ten times a day isn't.

Nate

FH is my second home

C'mon Blackjack, stop being so civil. I think it's about time you go off on one on the Talons board again! :D

Olgaline

FH is my second home
the Question it self is flawed..since you cannot aquire an instinct,
if aquried through life it would classify as a skill...:p

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
C'mon Blackjack, stop being so civil. I think it's about time you go off on one on the Talons board again! :D

Don't worry, i'm about a pubic hair away from going off :p
Been botteling up abit of anger towards PETA and feminists. Just waiting for the straw to break the camels back.

tris-

But Laddey, to answer the question you were REALLY asking is...yes, wanking is totally normal and even considered healthy. Wanking ten times a day isn't.

didnt think it was possible to wank that much. i tried wanking twice in a day and ended up stressing out because i couldnt finish it :p

Laddey

FH is my second home

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom