Question For Xtro.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
This has been bothering me for a while.

Now I know you are into the piercings so I wonder if you can answer this for me -

You know when people have the large circular things in their ears(so theres like a hole you can see threw the lobe bit) what happens when they take the metal bit out, does it close up and heal or does it stay a gaping hole for the rest of their lifes?

I kinda fancied getting it done but I don't wanna look like my ear has leprecy(sp) when I'm 79.

Cheers me old mucker for any info.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
it closes eventually. that said, my mate found an old hole of his that was still there, but just full of gunk. so i dunno

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
You have a PM which should help you mate :)

Other than that, you're referring to "flesh tunnels".

I'm in the process of stretching a piercing in my right ear, eventually I will have to retire another lobe piercing as the one I'm stretching will be too big.

As for your ear staying stretched, well it all depends on how far you want to stretch it. If you go to a 00 gauge then its likely it will never heal back properly, but if you just go for 4-5mm tubes/tunnels then it should go back fine (thats not that big really).

It takes time to stretch the lobes, you can cheat a bit but its not safe really in the long run.

See your local piercer (in a proper piercing studio) about tapers and stretching crescents and stretching kits.

What usually happens is the initial hole is 1.2mm or 1.4mm (1.4 most common) although you can ask for 1.6mm. After that's healed ok (say 6 weeks if its a brand new piercing), you'll need to see your piercer and ask for it stretching to the next gauge (prob 1.6-2mm). All they will do is use a taper or crescent and put that in and push it in slowly (the metal starts off really thin at one end and is thick at the other) until it is the desired gauge. Then they'll pop in a BCR (ball closure ring) at the new gauge. They'll give you the full lowdown on how to maintain the piercing etc etc and what to use on it.

So BCR - heal a bit - see piercer - stretch - BCR - heal a bit - until you hit flesh tunnel gauge 4-5mm. Then you can keep stretching but will just use crescents etc and bigger tubes/tunnels.

Hope this helps, craploads more info via the PM.

Cheers mate.

/edit: funnily enough I received two stretching kits via my trade supplier this morning btw :)

/edit: just had 2nd opinion from a colleauge, you are safe up to 0 gauge (00 is bigger than 0), smaller gauges should shrink back fairly quickly. Bigger gauges will heal back to about 5-6mm and then MAYBE shrink less. Check out the gauge chart at your piercers. Take time finding a good studio btw.

leggy

Probably Scottish
omg that must have taken ages to write. I emailed you about something yonks ago and no sodding reply.. ffs NEGLECT.

:p

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
leggy said:
omg that must have taken ages to write. I emailed you about something yonks ago and no sodding reply.. ffs NEGLECT.

:p

Lol did you mate? Sorry! Ask again, I don't remember neglecting to reply to anything :( :p

leggy

Probably Scottish
Check your email at blueyonder mate. :)

I was only kidding

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Aha - DC thing?

Replied mate. I aint the best person to ask anymore :(

Answer me bout the DVD goddamnit ;)

ttfn

mank!

Part of the furniture
Xtro said:
Lol did you mate? Sorry! Ask again, I don't remember neglecting to reply to anything :( :p
It's true, I emailed you abotu those DVDs and you've not said nowt!

(I still haven't been fucking paid mind)

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Ehhh!

Wondering if theres something wrong with my mail.

I replied to you too matey. You not got it then I presume? :(

mank!

Part of the furniture
Xtro said:
Ehhh!

Wondering if theres something wrong with my mail.

I replied to you too matey. You not got it then I presume? :(
Not unless you've just replied this instance, no mate.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Fs I sent mails yesterday :(

Oh well - check your PM :)

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone else find the term 'flesh tunneling' disturbing' ???!!

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Legz you got a PM too mate.

GDW - well, its better than fudge tunnel but yes I agree :)

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
GDW said:
Does anyone else find the term 'flesh tunneling' disturbing' ???!!

Does sound a bit wierd. But at the same time it sounds interesting :)

Any images xtro ?

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Heh, my brother-in-law is a tattoo artiste and body piercer extrordainaire and has said flesh tunnels in either ear plugged with a 1cm mahoghanony ( thats the the hardwood + 2 glasses of finest claret spelling) disc thingy ( actually lookes quite cool ....until he takes the disc thingys out).

Trem

Everytime I've PM'd Xtro he's replied........clearly he loves me wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than you guys :D

*wubs Leggy and Mank*

leggy

Probably Scottish
Trem said:
Everytime I've PM'd Xtro he's replied........clearly he loves me wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than you guys :D

*wubs Leggy and Mank*

We used his home email address like non-twats though. Plus he must have loved us more to have even give us this address :p :D

*wubs trem**

*toomuch

Trem

:( I feel totally unloved now :(

I still have Legz0r though. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom