Question for the community

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
After just reading the general forum I was sad to see that yet another of our community has sadly passed away. In the last couple of years we have lost so many from the English speaking servers alone, perhaps many more when you include the other servers. What I was wondering was if the community in general would like see some kind of tribute page to the fallen, sort of a 'Gone but not forgotten' tribute where we can list all those we have lost and pay tribute to thier memory, also maybe somewhere recall our favourite memories.

I intially thought of asking for a 'Gone but not forgotten' thread here on FH but I am not really sure if that is workable and of course means yet another thread the overworked moderators would have to police. So with all that said perhaps a seperate page would be better and would provide a more suitable home for something like this.

Your thoughts?

P.S. sorry if this should be in Off Topic but I know alot of people don't visit that forum much and I really wanted some feedback and ideas. Feel free to move the thread if needed.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Yes I think it's a good idea - Maybe have it locked and so only mods can add names too it? They could get names via PMs. Also sticky it :)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Good idea!
I don´t think that it´s that much work really. Just make a sticky thread and PM names to the mods.

A

Aoln

Sorry but it seems like a bit of a shit idea... making a whole section that's going to contain nothing much more than "RIP" several hundred times. Not as if we're going to forget they existed just because they don't have their own forum section. What more it's isn't as if we're overwhelmed with the amount of deaths, we don't even have a grats thread section and they take up half the RvR section. Also death is a very fragile matter which people are very easily offended by meaning the amount of moderating required for it would just be ridiculous. I could go on but cba, sorry to be mr spoilsport and dont try accusing me of not giving a shit about the dead either.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
dont really know what to say. have lost a good ingame friend a year ago and i felt really sad, was a good ploke.

dunno if its a good idea to starta section for the ppl that have passed away

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Humm, someone dieing is something very personal and emotional for people who know the guy irl but also in game... Only there is a big difference when you start making a forum section about it. This is after all still a game and a forum ppl like to have a whine in or a cheer to escape from rl. Having the RIP section would completely throw that idea out. Not to mention some people's arrogance you'll see when they respond and others who aren't subtile at all would do more harm then good.

I would say no purely on the base of keep rl and game separate.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Aoln said:
Sorry but it seems like a bit of a shit idea... making a whole section that's going to contain nothing much more than "RIP" several hundred times. Not as if we're going to forget they existed just because they don't have their own forum section. What more it's isn't as if we're overwhelmed with the amount of deaths, we don't even have a grats thread section and they take up half the RvR section. Also death is a very fragile matter which people are very easily offended by meaning the amount of moderating required for it would just be ridiculous. I could go on but cba, sorry to be mr spoilsport and dont try accusing me of not giving a shit about the dead either.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Aoln again.

That says it all I think :E

Cavex ElSaviour

Fledgling Freddie
somebody who passes away will iive on in the harts and thoughts of those who know him/her. not in a section of FH

Haazheel

Fledgling Freddie
A complete section is maybe a bit too much also I agree with Aoln on this, however a sticky thread with the list of all our friends gone for something else makes sense.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Aoln said:

Surely you could have used better language when talking about such a sensitive subject?

Gamah

Banned
It's Aoln what do you expect, anyway back OT I don't personaly think it is good idea.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hey Chodax ... I truly understand exactly the thought and feeling you bring with your suggestion (we also lost a fellow FPS player called Thanatos a short while back after a brave fight against cancer) and I know full well that there is a good number of people on these boards who would treat such a setup with the good grace and honour it would surely warrant. However, I have to say that my concerns over the possible troubles a small handful of people may cause in such a situation pushes me to saying no for now, I'm afraid.

Naturally, I will always help users who want a sticky thread for loved ones during their darkest hours....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom