Question for lovely GOA peeps :)

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Hiya d00ds - will GOA be giving TOA free to us euro players like they do in the US?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:
Hiya d00ds - will GOA be giving TOA free to us euro players like they do in the US?

GoA need all the money they can get.... so no...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You want free expansions...ok...but subscriptions will rise 450%
Can't make an omelet without breaking eggs

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Lamp said:
You want free expansions...ok...but subscriptions will rise 450%
Can't make an omelet without breaking eggs

No point making omelets if there ain't no one to eat it. Sorry couldn't resist :drink:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
The reason that Mythic is making TOA free is simple:

- They do not sell TOA as (lose) expansion anymore, because everyone already has it.
- They STILL charge you for it when you buy the 'Platinum edition' (the one that contains all the expansions in one set)
- Seeing as they can no longer make a profit from selling it lose, they can make it free since it in fact doesn't mean they earn any less.

The only people who would 'benefit' from TOA being free are the people who somehow manage to buy an account that has just 'classic' or 'classic+SI', and those haven't been available anymore for ages. Unless you go hunting in some dusty spot in your software shop.

Alternatively, it draws back people to the game who quite before TOA was released. But them coming back means they're going to have to pay to play, so that's profit.

Giving something away is great PR. The fact that it doesn't actually cause a loss is part of why they can give it away for free. ;)

They did it with SI (and it got them headlines on the game newssites), and they'll do it with TOA. :)

Now replace GOA where Mythic is written above, and you'll understand why we'll get TOA for free too.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, I have an old pre-toa account there. :p I accidentally bought that one instead of the EU version back in the days.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
i too have a copy of SI - waiting to be activated so wondering if i should wait and get my toa free (with one months playtime) - just play on SI client (crap)

and i was asking a question - not after an announcement requiel :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom