Question for bards

Drummer

Fledgling Freddie
HI der bards

do any of you lot got a galla mace/blade in your sc kit or do you use crafted stuff?

And what galla wpn would you advise , cos can't choose ;X

thank j0

drummy :wub:

Gesp

Fledgling Freddie
build your temp as u have same stats on your all 3 instruments and shield, do it like u dont equip any wep and cap the things u want that way, its not so hard anyways. with some decent jewelry and maybe 1-2 mps (gloves-boots) u can even have str and qui capped, prorities are dex-con-cha-hits-regro-resists. then you have wep slot free and can get some nice shiny mace/blade there for fun.

Gesp

Fledgling Freddie
and btw, i use darkened vine mace, its cheap and fits dark blue set well :)

Torvarg

Loyal Freddie
Was just about to make a new topic, then I saw this one, so I'm gonna "hijack" it abit for some Q's about the bard that I've got myself =)

My bard is closing in on 50 and it's time to make the SC template, I play at Camlann so I have access to alot of items but nevermind that.
(Speccing 47/43/16)
I've got alot of questions, so I'll list em:

1. Does +Music do anything? Worth having in template?

2. Do you need any +Nurture in the template?

3. +Charisma, does what?

4. Someone said that +Emph. would help healing, true?

5. I still have the option to specc 44/43/23 instead of the common 47/43/16, so I'd like some feedback on both specs. (Music/Nurture/Regrowth)

6. RA's, at the moment I've got MCL+AM and soon Purge, I've used AM a few times and I like it, but is it worth keeping? Or trade it in for Aug Ac. 3 + MotA ?

7. The lvl2 insta lull. does it ever interrupt? =D

8. With ~12 days till ToA, would it be best to save my cash and make a ToA template instead of a "regular" one?

9. If anyone knows any nice artifacts that would fit a bard nice, or just regular good artifacts =)

Well that's it for now =D Hope I can get some answers.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Sure someone else will pick me up if in wrong:-

Torvarg said:
Yes, it increases shout damage/variance.
If you can fit it in do it, but its less important than other stuff.

No

3. +Charisma, does what?
Affects healing & shouts.

No, was changed to char a few patches ago. Emp does nothing for a bard.

5. I still have the option to specc 44/43/23 instead of the common 47/43/16, so I'd like some feedback on both specs. (Music/Nurture/Regrowth)
47 music gives best AOE insta, 4 times the area, better duration, less resits due to being higher lvl spell. Better than slightly improved healing, more common spec is better.

6. RA's, at the moment I've got MCL+AM and soon Purge, I've used AM a few times and I like it, but is it worth keeping? Or trade it in for Aug Ac. 3 + MotA ?
AM rocks, keep it, work on saving for other stuff after.

Spell resists are based partly on spell lvl vs opponent lvl. A lvl2 spell wont stick on a lvl50 char most of the time.

8. With ~12 days till ToA, would it be best to save my cash and make a ToA template instead of a "regular" one?
Probably. Though theres always a 'next patch' with new items just around the corner you have to jump in at some point and those artifacts and MLs will take time to aquire...

9. If anyone knows any nice artifacts that would fit a bard nice, or just regular good artifacts =)
Not a clue.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Torvarg said:
Was just about to make a new topic, then I saw this one, so I'm gonna "hijack" it abit for some Q's about the bard that I've got myself =)

My bard is closing in on 50 and it's time to make the SC template, I play at Camlann so I have access to alot of items but nevermind that.
(Speccing 47/43/16)
I've got alot of questions, so I'll list em:

3. +Charisma, does what?

ok =) here is what I think

1. it increases dmg on your DD shout =)

2. not reall, it only increases your basebuff value, so not most important as u'll already have 43 in it, + (RR-1)

3. increases your power pool like emp for warden/druid and int for eld/chanter/ment/ani/vw/champ

4. +emp is most useless ever :( it does nothing

5. you won't come to heal a lot in combat m8, good druids will do that for you. I myself am specced: 44 music, 43 nurt, 21 blades, 7 regrowth and it works fine for me

6. AM is very important, but purge is an absolute MUST. my RA's atm (R5L1): MCL, purge, AM, inc acu. 3, Mota 2 (in the order I got them). MotA is really good to have for quick mezzing, but u will make the experience that qc outmezzes you and mids use insta very often.

7. yes it does and it's a great way to interrupt one person staying besides other mezzed guys without breaking mezz on them.

8. definately yes

9. Crocodile's Tears Ring

now to the original poster. I'm using a crafted blade in my template, but who cares, as you won't pull it out very often (only if I solo/duo/trio) in odin/hadrian. As backup I got the galla bard sword (which is actually better use for a warden) cause it looks so nice =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom