[QUESTION] Question for Apothocaries

MaxxPower

Fledgling Freddie
I've got a question for the Apothocaries out there.

How the hell do you actually make anything?! Whatever Main Ingredient I'm using that I've either gathered or got from my Cultivating skill (Which takes way way way too long to go through if you ask me) I always get "This recipe will definately fail" and even if I add other ingredients, it makes no difference, and it still fails.

Basically, I find myself completely unable to make any potions using the Apothocary skill whatsoever. Am I doing something wrong? Or can you not make potions until you get much higher level ingredients, therefore making the Apothocary skill useless in the lower ranks? (I'm Rank 6 by the way)

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
you need to add the water to the herb, you can buy it from the merchants

1 will give you a volatile and 2 will give you a definate success

Deathsprit

Fledgling Freddie
at a merchent u can buy cloudy water i beleve and i use 2 of them in my ingrediants to stablise my potions.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
best way to get main ingredients is the scavenging skill
also the best way to get more water (cloudy, fizzled, mineral,...)

when u get higher, u'll need the higher skill water aswell, or a combo of a lower/higher (average will count i guess)

next to the water (1/2 slots) u can add 2 other ingredients (gobswort and fusk) for longer duration or stronger

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
To be really successful though, you need friends. As said, scavenging gets a lot of very useful parts for talisman making as well as alchemy, but all the 'crafting' skills need an input from most of the 'gathering' skills. With only one gathering and one 'crafting' skill, it's either the AH to buy parts, have several characters and mail stuff between them, or form a team to produce stuff.

B

Benedictine

Scavenging and apothecary seem a reasonable combination now I have finaly worked out how to make stuff

MaxxPower

Fledgling Freddie
Ahhh....nobody told me I needed to buy the water aswell --.--;;

Anyway, I'm getting some relatively good results with Cultivating and Apothocary, haven't used any Scavenging items yet, then again that's because I haven't picked any up that can be used in apothocary skill.

And I still say cultivating takes way too much longer than it needs to.

fetto1

Fledgling Freddie
a queston , where the heck do u get gold dust for essence making ?

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Ahhh....nobody told me I needed to buy the water aswell --.--;;

Anyway, I'm getting some relatively good results with Cultivating and Apothocary, haven't used any Scavenging items yet, then again that's because I haven't picked any up that can be used in apothocary skill.

And I still say cultivating takes way too much longer than it needs to.

You can speed up the growingprocess by adding soil, water and fertilizer at the appropriate states of growth. The cultivationwindow will tell you when you are eligible to add stuff. The first seeds/spores will take 2 minutes to grow and you can cut that time in half by adding soil, water and fertilizer just in time. So far I found some green lvl 25 seeds that take 8 minutes to grow. I consider it very likely that there is stuff with even longer incubation times out there.

HTH

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
a queston , where the heck do u get gold dust for essence making ?
You can grow seeds (loot drop) that make gold dust plants, then process those plants into essence using apothecary.:clap:

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
You can grow seeds (loot drop) that make gold dust plants, then process those plants into essence using apothecary.:clap:

Almost - the seeds I've found make gold plants, but for talismans your apothecary needs to combine the plant with gold dust, to make a gold essence.

Incidentally, this is a neat little introductory overview for those interested in alchemy and talisman making. No details of what plant, essence etc makes what, but it tells you the basics.

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
I'm doing cultivating and apothecary as well (around 170 in both) and at this moment in time I cannot make any potions without high level stability additions. I "think" I remember getting a couple from cultivating at one point, though haven't seen any in a long time, the best source of these is scavenging/butchering which means either friends or AH.

At the moment the prices on potions are stupidly low, lower infact that the materials required to make them (not even counting time invested - ok, cultivating was on the run, but apothecary was just running back and forth between bank, mailbox and vendor for a few hours), which means even friends are a bit loathe to supply you with the stuff they get from scavenging/butchering as they can make far more by selling their stuff on the AH and buying the potions...MEH!

Maybe that's changed in the last few days, I'll have to check and see if it's worth me buying stability stuff again, but I am finding it rather annoying that cultivating isn't really an optimal pairing for apothecary. If I'd known I would have dropped that on an alt and taken scavenging on the main (may have to swap to that tbh). Bank is completely full of herbs atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom