question about

Shar_Reloaded_Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
whats the best way to dual log 2 acc on 1 pc, i tried alot but after 1 min bot or both just go ld or i get an error message,

i tried 2 cata client, 1 cata 1 toa, 1 cata 1 clasic and stil dont work,

my comp = amd athlon 64 3500+, 1024 memory, geforce 6600gt 128mb, msi k8 mobo,

so wtf?:p

thanks

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Several things help.

Decrease the settings of the game by turning of sounds/shadows/tree's/water effects etc.

Turn off names.

Clientsleep background or minimized

Make the bot look into a wall/ground/sky

Make the game run under a diffrent window version(can't recall what works best) Right click the shortcut and go into the last page(compablitity(or something like that)) and change settings there....

Open the task manager and decrease the priority of the game.dll by rightclicking on it.

Get more memory.

Run defrag(yes it actually helps if the temp files is loaded in a row instead of all over the harddrive)

I got no problems most of the time if it starts to go ld I just reboot and try again. If you get 1 LD account you don't have to reboot the whole computor to be able to dual logg you can simpley log both accounts out(including the one that didn't go LD) and the reenter the game as normal just make sure you got no ddaoc what so ever running before you start dual logging again after a LD if you don't want to waste time rebooting.

Hope it help's some :fluffle:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
You prolly need to change a Windows setting, for me changing in Workplace->System properties->Extended->System performance options from Programs to Background worked.

Notice that I'm not using an english Windows, so it's something like this.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
When I run 2 accounts I always have to let my buffbot autorun against a wall else it will go LD aswell (though mostly around 30 minutes).
Still not able to run 2 accounts on /stick though without 1 lagging off stick :(

Alaron

Fledgling Freddie
Your client will auto-disconnect after 30 mins of no activity, where activity is defined as changing position (not sure if it has to be interactive), casting/meleeing something, using chat, basically everything that involves client-server interaction.

By far the best way to dual-log is to use a second pc (notebooks are great for that). It'll make your daoc life so much easier.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
This probably explains why u fooking lag so much when ina fight:p:twak: :clap:

illu

Part of the furniture
Alaron said:
Your client will auto-disconnect after 30 mins of no activity, where activity is defined as changing position (not sure if it has to be interactive), casting/meleeing something, using chat, basically everything that involves client-server interaction.

By far the best way to dual-log is to use a second pc (notebooks are great for that). It'll make your daoc life so much easier.

Yup I can vouch for the 2nd PC thing. As time goes by, I end up with spare parts when upgrading bits for my computer, and in the end, I had enough spare parts to make a 2nd PC, only having to buy a cheap case, cheap mobo, and then I got a NetGear Router, and a KVM Switch (so you only need 1 keyboard/mouse/monitor) and tada - a cheap and cheerful rig to keep your BB logged in and /stuck to you.
Then if you have the space, you can get a 2nd keyboard/mouse/monitor and play 2 accounts at the same time ^^ :>

Oli - Illu

CuddleBunny!

Banned
windowed mode, and running from 2 folders helps ALOT, dunno if it has been mentioned... cba reading :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
set xp to optimise for background services (see manisch' post), and set priority to both accounts to low (ctr alt del > rightclick, set priority > low)

still can't stick accounts for some reason (where my other, crappier pc could, with the same settings) but they don't go ld anymore

MaCaBr3

Banned
On a serious note, I got the same "vette systeem" as you and I never experience LD exept when I forget to move my bb for a long period of time.

I have no id what causes ur ld tho. The only thing I changed was to move the swap file from c drive to d: and set it to around 2500mb, this slightely improved the loading while duallogging.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
You prolly need to change a Windows setting, for me changing in Workplace->System properties->Extended->System performance options from Programs to Background worked.

Yes its prolly that.
I had the same problem 2 months ago , maji told me to change that and everything worked fine.

sphir

Fledgling Freddie
the problem with AMD is that it dosnt support HT, so a p4 have easier running 2x heavy tasks, but try do that as the rest said with prioritys etc :)

Ging

Part of the furniture
get a decent dual core cpu and shit loads of ram

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
Shar_Reloaded_Ranger said:
whats the best way to dual log 2 acc on 1 pc, i tried alot but after 1 min bot or both just go ld or i get an error message,

i tried 2 cata client, 1 cata 1 toa, 1 cata 1 clasic and stil dont work,

my comp = amd athlon 64 3500+, 1024 memory, geforce 6600gt 128mb, msi k8 mobo,

so wtf?:p

thanks

I've got a similar pc to you (3500+ 2048 memory, ATI Radeon 800XL) and have the same problem. It runs for about 60 seconds, and then both go LD simultaneously. I was told in game that this might be a problem with AMD 64 chips and PCI-Express cards (I've tried fiddling with thread priorities and it didn't make any difference, although I'm not running the latest ATI drivers but since you have a nvidia card I guess its not an ATI exclusive problem).

Anyway best of luck sorting it - I reverted to have an old lappy running the second account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom