Question about the "Savage Koalinth Matriarch" mob in Leirvik

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
I came accross this mob once, just next to the hib portal keep and killed him. He dropped a nice cloak with a nice stre/con debuff charge on it. But all the times I looked for him at the spot I killed him, he wasn't there. Just a ton of Savage Koalinth and Savage Koalinth Elder mobs but the named one isn't there. I looked on both spots, on both sides of the portal keep and even went to the mid and alb portal keeps as the same mobs are there too, but the Matriarch is still nowhere. Now I want to know, does this mob just spawn randomly after some time, and if he does, does he spawn in any of the 3 locations (hib portal keep, mid portal keep, alb portal keep) or does he spawn in all 3 locations together? Also do I need to kill the regular Savage Koalinth mobs to make him pop or will he pop automatically? Just want to know, hope someone can make it clear or probably a GM knows the answer (just love these named mobs in the battlegrounds dropping 100% qua stuff :))

Dorimor1

Banned
I looked at the the cloaks this mob drops and though 'Yeah, I'll go farm it today' So earlier this morning I came with two friends, we looked around all the starter islands and found him on the alb one(I think he roams from each island) We were doing quite well, had him on 50%, he nukes very hard though.
Then this theurgist came along, called Kaigen, killed us with his 29470123 ice pets or how ever many he had, then he killed the mob! (EDIT: we got exp death too:()

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

I guess these things happen, though I probably should have seen it coming. I guess I'm gonna have to deal with it.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
theres a named mob in each of the BG's that drops an item with a charge relevent to that level. i have 2 of those cloaks found them both times in the little forest just as you turn right after you leave apk, he does nuke harder than the normal elders

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
I killed him quite easy with my lvl 41 enchanter :D

anyway, so there is just 1 of this mob on whole leirvik, spawning near random portal keeps...hmm shame, I've got 1 of these cloaks tho, it has +18 stre +18 const +48 hits +x% resist and stre/con debuff -45 stre/con ;)

Dorimor1

Banned
These cloaks are very good for their levels. Especially the leirvik one which I think is level 50 worthy, if you play in any of the active BGs I suggest getting one

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
I just got a Cloak of Misery on my berserker, found the Savage Koalinth Matriarch quite fast near the Midgard Portal Keep. The mob is easy to spot as it is a bit bigger than the other, was orange con to my lvl 42 berserker and seem to cast some nukes, just hided out of sight and the mob went to melee me, not too hard to get down :)

Funkybunny

Banned
i got a very nice one in the 15-19 bg aswell while leveling there... 20% healcharge and 4% resist + 3x3% resists.. :p

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
I just got a Cloak of Misery on my berserker, found the Savage Koalinth Matriarch quite fast near the Midgard Portal Keep. The mob is easy to spot as it is a bit bigger than the other, was orange con to my lvl 42 berserker and seem to cast some nukes, just hided out of sight and the mob went to melee me, not too hard to get down :)

Yep but the hard part is, he can spawn near any of the 3 portal keeps...So there is just 1 of this mob in whole Leirvik, and he spawns randomly near either hib portal keep, alb portal keep or the mid one.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
btw I really dont get it, I looked on all 3 starter islands today 2 times, and I couldnt find the damn mob...Does he have a long respawn timer or was I just unlucky that someone else killed him before me (altho I doubt it at 4AM when there is nobody in Leirvik :p)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
killed it again a few hours ago , probably around 16:00 CET ( not sure ) , was outside midgard portal keep again xD

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
ok I give up, I've roamed around all 3 Portal Keeps again just right now, I even killed some regular Savage Koalinths near all the 3 portal keeps but I just couldnt find him. Got a few higher quality than regular rog drops tho, off the regular Savage Koalinth mobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom