Question about the language barrier.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
I see now most peeps play on a german server of some sorts, and just wonderd if the language barrier is really a problem at all?

I dont know a word of german, and as ive only really ever played alb, would find it hard to perhaps do quest's in hib/mid area?

I was going to renew my US accounts, but my CC is low on funds atm so will have to wait, but i enjoyed RvR on that and the huge population ment leveling was fun aswell, is the german cluster like this?

Anyway, ty for any help

Maunie

leviathane

Part of the furniture
just allkhazam the quests in english and then follow the steps.

/edit plus if you need help most germans will speak to you in english. And if get in rvr grp some times they'll even speak english in ts/vent.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Technically it's very little problem after a few days as you pick up the words without trying and matters more that u speak good 'daoc' more than german. Locals don't tend to get too stroppy about english been spoken either.

Downside is joining rvr bgs is not gonna happen and you're enevitably isolated from most of the community, depends if important or not for u. Make sure join english /as and guild anyhow.

MegaMaejter

Banned
I rolled Temair myself 2 days ago and was like "oh boy the language is gonna be a pain" but noticed it really isnt. As mael said speaking good "daoc" is the biggest concern the rest is not so hard to figure out. Like on the CM when buying stuff you can use the filter to find stuff easily, like set it to inventory and min/max lvl 35 to find scrolls, lvl 5/10/30 for pots and so on.

BGs are as they said no go. And having an English guild will ofc be helpful, though most 20+ germans speak very good english, the kids and the old ones speak none but hey, can't expect them to when they chosed a german server~

Everz

FH is my second home
Heck, we in a german guild and /as and they all speak english and answer our question in english.. even free translations.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
I play on avalon and tbh I don't even notice the german anymore.. and most of them speak english anyway

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
I see now most peeps play on a german server of some sorts, and just wonderd if the language barrier is really a problem at all?

I dont know a word of german, and as ive only really ever played alb, would find it hard to perhaps do quest's in hib/mid area?

I was going to renew my US accounts, but my CC is low on funds atm so will have to wait, but i enjoyed RvR on that and the huge population ment leveling was fun aswell, is the german cluster like this?

Anyway, ty for any help

Maunie

TT rerolled as a group and as we have 1 german and 2 dutchies in guild the language barrier was not as significant as it would have been if the uk geezers had to figure everything out themselves. Getting yourself in a guild or alliance therefore in which you can ask questios is kinda practical :)

When it comes to questing, allakhazam will be your friend. For all I care the quest journals could be written in Chinese, I'm not reading them anyway (the roleplayer in me, as you can see, was brutally murdered by our former overlord Requiel)

Finally, translation lists have been made of all the different stats/skills/RAs etc that can be a big help to you. If you ever need such a list, just drop me a PM.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
It doesnt seem that bad really , most of them have good english , the only problem ive had was asking for help with epic 9 today and they thought i was offering to help and they said they didnt need any help :p

uron

Loyal Freddie
its a lot easier then people seem to think, most germans dont mind helping you at all, wen we started on stonehenge we had arti and ML raids led for us! :)
only thing with germans is none of em have Vent!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom