question about stealth.

L

Loccon

Lo ppl, im making an infi for the low bg and need to find answers about stealth..
*if u have stealth at 21+5 (26), are u more hidden than a stealther on 19+5(24) ?
*or doesnt it matter when the highest lvl u meet in the low bg is 24?
cause a lvl 50 stealther never have 50 in pure stealth, maybe 36-38? and get a few RR and eq to get stealth up to 50.

so, in low bg, is there a point of going for higher stealth than 24 (with EQ included) or just a waste of points?

cya on BG 20-24 soon =)

A

Alrindel

if u have stealth at 21+5 (26), are u more hidden than a stealther on 19+5(24) ?
Very slightly, yes. Your stealth bubble - the invisible circle around you where other characters can detect you - is a little bit smaller.
a lvl 50 stealther never have 50 in pure stealth, maybe 36-38? and get a few RR and eq to get stealth up to 50.
Yes, because an infil with stealth trained to 50+11 has exactly the same stealth as an infil with 39+11 (except the first infil has Safe Fall V and the second one only has Safe Fall III).
so, in low bg, is there a point of going for higher stealth than 24 (with EQ included) or just a waste of points?
That's the trick, isn't it? Is that extra bit of stealth worth gimping yourself a little in weapon skill/critical strike/envenom? Let us know how you do against the shadowblades and the nightshades in Thidranki. :)

M

matax

Loccon

Apparantly there is little point in speccing stealth for the BG as an Infiltrator as it makes very little difference. I suggest you spec. in your weapon instead and just put about 10 points in stealth.

Hope to see you in Thid ;)

G

grebneklaf

My inf is auto-training, i know theres some discussion if its really worth it but i am doing it anyway. So right now he has 6 in stealth plus 5 from some items and let me say its not fun having that low stealth in the lvl 24 bg, cause almost anything can see me and i move so bloody slow that i end up dead before i get to hit anything, but then again it might just be me that is lame.
I do hit hard cause my other lines are nice and high, but i wouldnt advice going this low in stealth if youre building for bg.

B

belth

Re: Re: question about stealth.

Originally posted by Alrindel
Yes, because an infil with stealth trained to 50+11 has exactly the same stealth as an infil with 39+11 (except the first infil has Safe Fall V and the second one only has Safe Fall III).

False when concerning mobs, as they can be higher than 50 - stealth is a comparison between the stealthers stealth spec versus the would-be-spotters level.

G

grebneklaf

Re: Re: Re: question about stealth.

Originally posted by belth

False when concerning mobs, as they can be higher than 50 - stealth is a comparison between the stealthers stealth spec versus the would-be-spotters level.

Just wondering then, remember i read somewhere that lvl 50 with max RR, is considered like lvl 51, something about they dont have same cap on weapons and stuff, so will they have an easier time spotting and inf with 50 stealth than a regular lvl 50 with less then max RR.

B

belth

Actually, it's RR5 and maximum is R10L10 (or R11L0, not sure which :p). They just get their AF cap and DPS cap raised to lvl51, nothing else. It's in patch 1.51 or 1.52.

T

Thae

Originally posted by Loccon

cya on BG 20-24 soon =)

Nah, I don't think stealth matters when it's over the lvl you are...
That's why u don't need to have stealth over lvl 50 when u are lvl 50....
so 24 should be the highest u should have at lvl 24 then...and that's with eq and rr :)

O

old.LandShark

Re: Re: question about stealth.

Originally posted by Alrindel

Very slightly, yes. Your stealth bubble - the invisible circle around you where other characters can detect you - is a little bit smaller.

Denied...
Stealth over 24 has no effect against characters of 24 or under. Minimum detection radius is 125units.
[(Your stealth spec - enemy level)x20]+125 = radius that enemy non-assassin sees you at.
What it might do is affect how far away you can detect other stealthers.

L

Loccon

Thx for all the info!

Seems like i will go for 19+5 to be able to boost some extra points in dmg and i might stand a fair chance against SB (they are uber in bg1) even when i dont get PA in.
by next week i should be out there looking for u mids/hibs =)

If u see me...RUN...if u dont....RELEASE
=)

O

old.Krogar_Thane

any points over 24...

..from a combo of items and natural skills is a waste.

24 is capped at 24. its the best you can be, the most stealthy, and u and the enemy will both see each other as late as possible.

GL vs the SB!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

ex- infiltrator ganking kobbie shadow zerker.

:clap:

D

Danya

Re: Thx for all the info!

Originally posted by Loccon
If u see me...RUN...if u dont....RELEASE
=)
Nah, I'll hit you with my staff if steathed then mez you. ;)
If not I'll just stun and nuke. :D

L

Loccon

im gonna do what i can ....

to prove u wrong Dannyn.
I read a line that has become my expression on some site just some days ago:

<edit> Btw, dont rest/sit when im around! im gonna be feared for all that tries to rest and get some life back ;)

"I will never sacrifice myself for my realm, i will make sure my enemies will sacrifice their lives for theirs!"

(ownage)
=)

Users who are viewing this thread