Question about qui on Casters

Fugue

Fledgling Freddie
I was trolling around Camelotherald while bored ad work, when I fell over the class "Theurgist"
And what catched my eye was, that what Herald says is important starter stats for a theurgist (the 30 points when you create your toon) was:
Int, Dex and Qui
http://www.camelotherald.com/article.php?id=41
Now I always thought that quickness did 0 for a caster. And would always chose con instead of qui (it is stated in a note that con is for some more important then qui)
Now my question: Does quickness do anything for a caster?
Cause I got fooled back when I made my Wizzy in going 5 con 10 dex 10 qui and 5 int and always thought I had gmiped my wizzy from the start :).

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
It lets them swing their weapon faster.

(Not sure if interrupt length is related to speed of weapon swing. I'd guess not, but if so, then qui would help a bit)

Darzil

Hiolo

One of Freddy's beloved
think quick for caster makes the interupt time shorter, not 100% sure tho

Corran

Part of the furniture
Quickness used to have an affect to how quickly you recovered from interupts iirc (for awhile it depending on the speed of your staff or something)

Now though i think it does nothing... and it is the same as all casters. Everyone one has tertiary stat of quickness iirc. edit: Though if it made you recover from interupts faster then maybe should get 101 quickness template out and see if can stop interupts :p

It basically like friars, they get str as a rising stat and it does nothing. They should get dex but like most raising stats it was fucked up in one way or another

Fugue

Fledgling Freddie
Okay, tnx for the replyes think I got it now :p

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
hmm interesting topic, my m8 had 15 qui or somethin on his wizard too and i always used to laugh at him. anyone done any tests to verify it ?

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Quickness does absolutely nothing for casters.

Granted, that is unless you... uhm... melee alot! :)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
it's for the ninja theurgists with 6-sec pbt and haste ;)

Don't forget the insta attack speed debuff, so it hits the pbt more.

Darzil

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
Quickness used to have an affect to how quickly you recovered from interupts iirc (for awhile it depending on the speed of your staff or something)
It was just player rumors..

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Actually those rumours were created on the basis of what Mythic intented at some point. Hence quickness is a rising stat for classic casters. Obviously it's ages ago since the idea that quickness affected interrupt code was scrapped and thus new caster classes have con as a rising stat instead.

Vulcan

Fledgling Freddie
Iirc

Quck was intended to define casting speed, not Dex but Mythic changed their minds about 3/4 months after release & made it Dex.......I remember deleting & rerolling because of this.

Theres some post somewhere on FH about this but canna find it on search.

E

Eruptix

Darzil said:
It lets them swing their weapon faster.

(Not sure if interrupt length is related to speed of weapon swing. I'd guess not, but if so, then qui would help a bit)

Darzil
yeh
thats why some druids give haste buff to casters
giving haste to casters is said to increase interrupt recovery etc

I know for a fact that many druids on US servers do it,its like some urban myth.Not sure if it has been verified and tested or changed ever since.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I've done tests with 1 hand rod with quick swing speed vs a slow 2h staff. And also with 75+ qui, dex qui buff and haste buff vs 0 qui and no buffs and there were no noticable difference.

This might have been something mythic was intended to do but as I said before it's just a player rumor.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
And read the part on camelotherald under the stats:

"Please Note: Some Theurgist feel that Constitution is a more important attribute than Quickness. "

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I put Quickness into my Sorc many many moons ago when I rolled it.. and I still use it to tank with to this day!!

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
evzy said:
I put Quickness into my Sorc many many moons ago when I rolled it.. and I still use it to tank with to this day!!

SOI sorc best tank ingame :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom