Question about loot/drops

FlyingDaggers

Fledgling Freddie
Had a discussion with a friend about loot, lets say i play a darkelf and we are in a dungeon in the orc area, does only orc loot drop there or also for chaos and dark elfs?

If not, they take away a big part of llving with other factions and each faction will stay in his own area.

Same goes abit for the world pvp part if everyone is fighting in 1 area others will be easy taken by the enemy or just be empty.

Hope it will be more like frontiers in Daoc then how they got it now.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Had a discussion with a friend about loot, lets say i play a darkelf and we are in a dungeon in the orc area, does only orc loot drop there or also for chaos and dark elfs?

Loot is restricted to class apparently, would imagin drop tables might alter with group set up.

Same goes abit for the world pvp part if everyone is fighting in 1 area others will be easy taken by the enemy or just be empty.

Due to the expected server size open world PvP in one area would just become a horrific zerg fest so I would expect it to spread out over the 3 top tier zones (like Had Wall, Odins Gate, Emain)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I heard from one of the Warhammer people that when you kill people, there is a very small chance that they will drop a piece of their armour (the person does not lose his armour, but a replica is dropped).

The idea is you can get some cool loot from pvp. It's supposed to be rare enough not to be abused, but not so rare that you never see it.

kivik

Part of the furniture
I heard from one of the Warhammer people that when you kill people, there is a very small chance that they will drop a piece of their armour (the person does not lose his armour, but a replica is dropped).

The idea is you can get some cool loot from pvp. It's supposed to be rare enough not to be abused, but not so rare that you never see it.

Then the question remains. Will the 20 people that killed the solo dorf share the same item, or will it be the one with the fastest reaction/computer who gets it?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Then the question remains. Will the 20 people that killed the solo dorf share the same item, or will it be the one with the fastest reaction/computer who gets it?

No idea, cant be based on dmg done because healers would never get the drops.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Should imagine there'll be some sort of Need/Greed system as a loot splitter, or Autosplit like in DAoC. I'd prefer the Need/Greed system, which then would work on contribution. Think loot will be shared between all the realms, lets face it, Guilds aren't all just going to include 1 race and will probably all xp together. And its not a stretch of the imagination you're share as a healer will also benefit from healing....we used to get RP's for rezzing in DAoC. A spell affecting the battle affects the battle if its a heal or a nuke.

K

Kexx

Well, first off, hi guys and dolls.

Reg the topic, if they really would implement a feature like this it wouldnt take an hour before peeps would start killing each other off, communicating vi vent or whatever, til an item drops. Then start all over again and again.... I really hope there will be something hindering peeps from doing it, and hopefully already from the beginning of the launch.
Or just a very very rare occurance, easy solution =)

It is a nice feature, have to admit, its gonna be interesting to see what happens :)

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
I do hope WAR has some form of Random Item system.

DAOC had one, wasntt oo impressive, but had one nonetheless.

Anyone remember the item system off Asherons Call 1? (cmon must be some old fogey MMORPGers out there somewhere? p)

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
I never saw the Asherons Call one, but i remember the Ultima Online one (pre EA system where everything was done by names instead of values. Does that make me an MMO fogey? :p) I'm assuming that the Asheron's call one was a bit more wide ranging. I actually liked the introduction of the Shrouded Isles random items, you could find a gem of an item or /salvage trash. It was actually good not knowing what it was that dropped by an extremely vague name :p

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
LOE formed on UO so we mighta seen u back on there ;p. Yes if you played UO back in the day, you ARE in deed a MMORPG old fogey.

Asherons Call 1 item system was like nothign we will ever see again in MMMORPGS. Far too in depth to try explain it here and do it justice. Simply Superb and makes item systems on games nowadays look 3rd rate.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Well, first off, hi guys and dolls.

Reg the topic, if they really would implement a feature like this it wouldnt take an hour before peeps would start killing each other off, communicating vi vent or whatever, til an item drops. Then start all over again and again.... I really hope there will be something hindering peeps from doing it, and hopefully already from the beginning of the launch.
Or just a very very rare occurance, easy solution =)

It is a nice feature, have to admit, its gonna be interesting to see what happens :)

They said your enemy has a small chance to drop between 1-3 items (may be more but 3 is quite alot). The item's are supposed to be either the same as your enemies armour, or something very close to it.

So technically if you spent all day slaying your friends Uber char, you could have a chance of getting some nice items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom