Question about kill/revive

O

old.-=SS=-Dawkins

This rule was put in to stop people recharging by exploiting a game deficiency. Since this was fixed in the 1.31 patch, is this rule no longer valid?

N

nocte

i personally think it is a valid thing to do. Since the bug was fixed i dont see any harm in it.

T

trn

Thats the idea I think. I don't know what the bug is, but I think you can still do it in the game now?

There is also the separate issue of the kill, throw grenade and then revive tactic. This can be used to blow somebody right across the level, which on a map like assault which has some high places to land around the comm tower could be used unfairly ;)

O

old.{D2A}Trebor

yeah, the kill revive tactic had two advantages, in that you could kill someone if they had 2hp, then revive them back to half their max health (50-60ish) then use medi pacs to fully heal him, whihc isnt a cheat as such, but more a bug.

The makers could try introducing a code that if you are killed by a member of your team then revived by that member you keep the samehealth, but until that happens i think htis rule should remain, jmho.

O

old.X3M.Lake

Originally posted by {D2A}Trebor
The makers could try introducing a code that if you are killed by a member of your team then revived by that member you keep the samehealth, but until that happens i think htis rule should remain, jmho.
Hmm, I don't think this is an example of abusing some bug in the game. It costs time to do these things, and even on public servers its a common used trick to give health to someone. Since everyone uses it, I don't see why it should be forbidden

O

old.{D2A}Trebor

It was put in play to stop people holding an advantageous position over an enemy wrongfully, This could still be done if you dont have neough health packs, just shoot you friend,. then revive them, then voila half health no health packs used and it is very quick.

I love using this tactic in public servers, even tho some people complain against you because they dont know what you are doing. I dont mind whether the rules stays or goes :\

O

old.Nakoma

Hmm.

This is quite a big one. Whether or not it's cheating is a hard one to call.

I use this tactic both in matches and in publics, and I've yet to meet an admin who thought we were abusing it, (I have NO idea what they mean by that ;P) In it's favour, it costs time, you're vulnerable while you do it, and you use up a needle. To me, thats a worthwhile tradeoff, just look at it as removing something to make someone better, (kidney stones, apendix etc).

O

old.[SoF]eVo

Ive seen it used and used it once or twice on publics.

To me its all part of the game - a feature if u like, but rulez is rulez. imo I doubt excessive use would make much difference in a match situation anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom