Question about expansion slots

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=602766

Right been looking at Barebone shuttles and came across this tasy one, now im wondering with the information it says 3.5" bays * 2 and im a bit confused, is this for HDD expansion slots or floppy disk slots?

I probably sound like a complete idiot asking this but im just wondering if that would mean i could fit my current two hard disks into the case. :)

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
Yes you can, it doesn't say that the 3.5 slots are internal or external but going by the piccy they look like internal ones. This means you'll only be able to fit HDDs in them unless you fancy taking a hacksaw to the case.

Clown

Part of the furniture
That particular Shuttle doesn't do floppy drives. There's nowhere to put them on the motherboard*.

But yeh, both hard drives and floppy drives are 3.5" so if there was a 'hole' thing for the floppy drive then it would fit. Wouldn't be much use here though, because you can't put floppy disks in. Teehee.

*I think it's this model :)

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
The last time i used a floppy disk was a good few years ago so i guess i can use tat other slot for a HDD slot.

Thanks a lot. :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
You can use that other slot for another HDD if you want your shuttle case temperature to be keraazzyyyy.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
What do you need a floppy disk for eh ? grandad ?! Something to digitize your old 78s onto ?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
lol, I can't be without my fdds. love em, and won't give them up till there's unfailable bootable usb chipdrives!!

Clown

Part of the furniture
BIOS updates? Although I did that with a Windows 98 CD and a rewritable thing :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom