Question about champion

ripperbil

Fledgling Freddie
What spec should I use. Im only gonna play fg or small group.

50 large weapon 51 composite weapon and rest in valor.

50 weapon 42 shield rest in valor

50 valor 50 large weapon rest parry

Does the large weapon work like I have to have 51 in main weapon to do most damage or is it a different spec line all together so I dont have to spec double for large weapons?

Thx for your imput this class might be usefull after 1.87 where we get end reduction chant.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Hibernia 2h speccing and Albion 2h Speccing works differently.

In Hib if you spec in 2h, you do not have to spec in a sub-weapon type like Crush/Slash/Thrust or Blunts/Blades/Pierce in hib respectively. You simply spec in Large Weapon and use whatever Large weapon falls into your hand.

Also with 2h you need as much + to it as possible. So if you have 50 spec in Large Weapons you want +11 to LW from items. Each +1 gives .5% to your damage caps. Of course Realm Rank gives a seperate +1 but you have to work on that ;).

As for Champion speccing its debateably really. For groups usually.

50 Valor for last str/con, last debuffs, last snare and soon to be last end reducation.

50 Large Weapons. For Annhillation lvl 50 style 9s stun, decent growth rate.

28 Parry for defence. Could make that 28 shield if you want but you'll have the Large Weapon out most of the time I think.

Another spec people like to go with in groups for versatility is.

50 Large weapons.
42 Shield, for Slam
39 Valor for 2nd last debuffs etc.

Also depending on your group you may want to go for pure defence, so this spec isnt bad either.

50 Valor Or Blunts/Blades/Pierce
42 Shield
39 Blunts/Blades/Pierce Or Valor

Alternatively you could swap that 50 in Valor for 1h Weapon but some defence ppl like to 'Debuff' the enemy as much as possible as opposed to killing him with your 1h. Both are viable really.

Hope that helped and feel free to ask more questions or again on something your not sure about.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
For fg 50lw, 42shield, 39 valour I think is cookie cutter and prolly the best for small grp too. If you talking about solo, well opens up lot of other odd specs, 1h, parry, etc.

-*-Lothlorion-*-

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:
50 Large Weapons. For Annhillation lvl 50 style 9s stun, decent growth rate.

What does growth rate mean m8y?

i heard lots of people use the phase but never understood what it ment

thanks in advance

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
-*-Lothlorion-*- said:
What does growth rate mean m8y?

i heard lots of people use the phase but never understood what it ment

thanks in advance

It's a measure of how hard the style hits. To simplify, a blow that would have hit for 100 unstyled, but then got a +80 for the style, would have a growth rate of 0.80.

Darzil

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Darzil said:
It's a measure of how hard the style hits. To simplify, a blow that would have hit for 100 unstyled, but then got a +80 for the style, would have a growth rate of 0.80.

Darzil

Just to add, each style has its own growth rate, as you have a base dps, the style's growth rate increases it.

Thats why a detaunt does lets say 150 dmg (100 from base dmg, 50 from its growth rate) and a taunt style may do 200 dmg (100 base, 100 from style).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom