Question about casters

Sardine

One of Freddy's beloved
Due to the convoker ML ability, is there any point in playing a caster which can't summon/charm pets?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Due to the convoker ML ability, is there any point in playing a caster which can't summon/charm pets?

For PvE, ML9 convoker is pretty nice,

for rvr, it's meh, it was nerfed a few years back in rvr

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

I don't think there is, its not like you see many warlocks running around. Also why play an eld with nearsight, disease, spec nukes, pbaoe and debuffs when you can have a chanter?

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
Convoker is more usefull in 8man compared to stormlord tho :)

Speedwarp is always usefull :) and a Titan if u are taking a little tower/keep to avoid guardspam too early :)

Genedril

Part of the furniture
For PvE, ML9 convoker is pretty nice,

for rvr, it's meh, it was nerfed a few years back in rvr

This - they gutted ML9 in PvP a fair while back.

Cade obviously understands the way we should be playing. Shame really as I do like a decent chanter in a Hib group.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Ofc there is. Okay, Animists have some kind of pet they can ML9, but even without that they rock hard ;)

And hey, Eldritches, Wizards or Runemasters are not bad at all. A pet is nice, but once it's dead you have to spend a lot of mana to recast it =)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
tbh the most useful thing about convokers in ywain RvR is the speed warp. Trust me, you will find this out very quickly.

Sardine

One of Freddy's beloved
To be fair, I'm still in PvE mode which is why I was questioning the whole pet with caster idea. I'll probably find the speedwarp thing out in a month when I'm done with PvE. :s Feels so weird to be a noob again on a game which I used to play 24/7...

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
first of all hey another essex lad, seem to be a few now !

2nd, In pve classes like cabby's will always be easier rather than say a wizzy; from Focus pulling big named mobs or just grinding exp by doing multiple mobs. I still exp'd my artie's on my fire wizzy just by nuking stuff in AC, 2-4 shotting yellows/reds is still quick.

But in RvR lots of classes have different abilties to bring to the table, might be worth trying thidranki with a cabby/sorc/theurg..then finally a wizzy; just to see what it's like. Then you'll see things like a good time'd mezz or quick de-mezz can be just as good as getting deathblows on a wizzy.

Sardine

One of Freddy's beloved
Been playing about in Thid and Molvik, and can see the idiocy of my initial question. :p But thanks for all your answers. ^^

/edit Where about's in Essex are you from, Madmaxx? Near Southend here!

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I live along southend beach not to far from the pier/town centre.

Sardine

One of Freddy's beloved
We're practically neighbours, I'm from Rayleigh. Let's lan. :p

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I was bored so I went through some screenshots, I usually ml10 raid on DPS casters like a fire wizzy or RC runemaster; and if I get bored I don't respec at all and keep dps RA's likewp7 mom6 etc and camp a tower in NF or somewhere like crau bridge when Irvr is up. Running about solo isn't too bad as long as you stay ahead of the push and retreats of the zergs lol.

Attachments

• WizzyDPS.png
    WizzyDPS.png
    375 KB · Views: 21
  • RM DPS.png
    RM DPS.png
    244 KB · Views: 21
  • WizzyStats.png
    WizzyStats.png
    140.4 KB · Views: 16

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
also with the wizzy stats..that was when Hibs had all power relic's, and poxy bain macro grps were beating down the alb zergs; was pretty recent to within the last month or so when they became the new fotm. No rp bonus weekend either..the right side RM kill on the left on the two came tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom