Quest: Warhammer sub forums.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Not sure this is the place to ask it, but seemed most from the forum descriptions - anyway....

Are there plans to rework the sub-forums for Warhammer; perhaps so each race or class got one?
Or do you not expect so much traffic that it'll be necessary?

That's all I wanted to ask :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The WarHammer forums are currently under review....

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
I have no idea if suggestions are welcome or not, but going to give mine anyway, then you can just ignore it if you don't care :)

But would be great if subforums for Warhammer got organized like subforums for DAoC, which has always worked really great imho.

To indicate what I was thinking, I will make a "small" example.

In my example, I will use - to symbolise order of the forum.
- directly subforum
-- subforum to subforum above with 1 -
--- subforum to subforum above with 2 --
X means that subforum is locked, only subforums to the subforum aviable (EDIT: What I mean by locked, is that Excalibur & Prydwen got subforums, but you can't make threads just in Excalibur & Prydwen, you got to choose a subforum, while Trading got 3 subforums, but you can also just make a thread in Trading without selection one of those subforums)

I.e. for DAoC currently, it would look like this:

DAoC:
-General Discussion
-Game Advice and Walkthroughs
-Technical Help
-Creative
-Off-topic
-X Excalibur & Prydwen
--General Discussion
-- Off-topic
-- Albion
-- Hibernia
-- Midgard
-- RvR Discussion
-- Battleground Discussion
-- Crafting Discussion
-- Trading
--- Albion
--- Hibernia
--- Midgard
-- Templates
-- Gratz-ulations
-X Camlann
-- General Discussion
-- Trading
-- Off-topic
-X Other DAoC Servers
-- General Discussion
-- Glastonbury
-- Trading
- Freddy's Fallen

For Warhammer, I think it would be cool with a layout like this:

Warhammer:
-General Discussion
-Technical Help
-Creative
-X (Input independent English Server Names here)
--General Discussion
--Destruction
--Order
--RvR
--Trading
---Destruction
---Order
- Freddy's Fallen

Notes: I feel Off-topic sections aren't that needed, but perhaps put 1 in below Creative like in DAoC, I know I mostly hang out in DAoC Off-topic myself so might be good to have it, but atleast it feels unnessecary to have an Off-topic for each and every server
That being said, a General Discussion, a discussion for each side, and rvr discussion and a trading section might be very welcome.
The trading section might not be needed through, depending on the ingame auction system. I think in DAoC the trade system on FH became less needed when housing and specificly searching through housing was implemented so people was able to find what they needed ingame.

Also, I think subforums for the races are unneeded once the game hits live, as, for instance, Elves players from all different servers would probarly have less need to talk together than Elves, Humans and Dwarfs from the same server would.

So, perhaps a layout like this would be best, not sure:

Warhammer:
-General Discussion
-Technical Help
-Creative¨
-Off-topic
-X (Input independent English Server Names here)
--General Discussion
--Destruction
--Order
--RvR
- Freddy's Fallen

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
thanks for your suggestions, Iceforge! like Deebs said, the WAR forums are currently under review (and we have some ideas) but as ever we value input of all kinds!

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
New warhammer subforums look good but follow up on the 2 career ones, would hate to see it end up in vnboards style (aka a mess).

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
aye, we're well aware of the mess situation and will do our utmost to mitigate it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom