Quality of Prydwen vs Excalibur RvR

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Given that our beloved server is up soon again and the repercussions of the problems they encountered are not too great (why does it always have to happen to Prydwen, btw, and not some French or German server? :(), I expect we will see Prydwen and Excalibur clustered very soon. This naturally has one very interesting effect: the frontiers will be clustered and the various realms of the two servers will suddenly be fighting a common cause together against the combined enemy realms.

What do you think will happen--which server has the "best" RvR when it comes to keeptaking and large-scale warfare (organization and motivation), and which server has the best gank groups (skill, RRs and experience)? Which do you think server will pull ahead and take leadership in these two aspects (keep siege and FGvsFG)?

Poox

Loyal Freddie
Not on subject, but how do you know that prydwen is up soon?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I think, I'll just wait and see.

I also think that this a kind of a hidden penis mesuarement thread.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
My take on this is as follows:

Keep siege: On Prydwen, the most highly motivated and best organized keep siegers are Hibernia, who have maintained a consistently high and impressive RvR presence ever since NF were introduced. Albs, on the other hand, hold the short end of the stick, on account of having inofficially been appointed the iRvR realm of the server. Mids currently are the intermediate realm on Prydwen.

On Excalibur, on the other hand, the situation is almost diametrically different--Hibs are the RvR underdogs and the current iRvR locale, whereas Albs seem to be persistently policing their frontiers and have reasonably organized keep siegers. Again, Mids have taken a center stance, being neither the most nor the least organized or motivated of the realms (although having a very strong history of organized large-scale RvR in the past).

Generally speaking, when it comes to large-scale RvR, it is clear that Excalibur is ahead in these regards on account of having a larger population (bluntly spoken, Excal have bigger zergs). However, the way the RvR situation is on the two servers, it looks like the clustering should have an excellent impact on keep siege--the strong Hibernia on Prydwen will reinforce the weaker Hibernia on Excalibur, and vice versa for Albion. Life is going to be interesting for the keep siegers on both servers. :)

FGvsFG warfare: Historically speaking, Prydwen is the strongest of the two servers when it comes to the FGvsFG "scene" and the quality of the gank groups and guilds, both in terms of skill and teamwork. Whereas on most other servers at least one realm has been the underdog in this regard, Prydwen has had representatives from each realm which have been dominant for at least some time, and the RvR climate has been highly competitive and beneficial for breeding the strongest groups. Excalibur, on the other hand, has always had a large RvR population, but the climate has historically been much less competitive and less focused on min-maxing and optimizing group setups (for better or worse).

However, ever since ToA (to a smaller extent) and NF (in particular), the Prydwen population has steadily decreased, and while ToA catered to the "hardcore" crowd, NF was a major change that directly affected the "way of life" of the gank groups, leading to many of the dedicated players leaving the game. This also happened to Excalibur, but there the critical mass was never reached, and lately, the Excalibur FGvsFG scene has increased and become very competitive. In contrast, on Prydwen, the good groups still remained to some extent, but the general competitiveness decreased, and accordingly, the quality of RvR decreased. Without good and consistent opposition, new players will never reach their potential, and good players will lose their touch and stop playing at the top of their abilities.

The result? It seems to me that Excalibur has a stronger RvR scene than Prydwen these days, and the fact that Excalibur historically has had a larger RvR population to farm means that the Excal RvR gank groups typically have higher realm rank than their Prydwen equivalents. My humble guess is that this means that Excalibur gank groups will take leadership, at least initially until Prydwenites have adjusted to the tougher climate and have upped their abilities sufficiently. Needless to say, life is going to be interesting for gank groups on both servers as well. ;)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Poox said:
Not on subject, but how do you know that prydwen is up soon?
Read again, that statement was a premise, not a fact.

Oh, and Manisch, I think you have an e-peen complex, I'm merely curious about how my fellow Prydwen RvRers think the potential conflict with Excalibur will play out.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
its gonna be an interesting battle because excal/albs seem to be very active(cant sleep at 4 am so they go out with a zerg and take relic etc)... but pryd/hibs prolly going to give them a good lesson of the power of teh overpowered classes.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
I still think Mid/Pryd is a sleeping giant, and will soon awaken to become the dominating force it once was!

In terms of Excal v Pryd, quite simply in my experience Excalibur is like a whole other planet, the atmopshere over there is very different, alot more laid back for certain.

pip

Banned
Think its hunter time when we merge get up on tower back to bow spec and shoot all that moves :clap: givgivgiv rr10+tittle hehe :fluffle:

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
At the moment...
Albion struggles to get a good opt FG out, as far as keeptakes go, we have a few leaders who people like to follow but hardly any good groups assist with the takes. Albions weakness is shown by the fact IRvR is in albion.

Hibernia seems to have the strongest FG RvR on the server, they also have a good keep take zerg (whenever albion manages to get a hib keep, its taken back pretty fast after that) go Aran!

Middies seem like a quiet giant, theres normaly not much action in Middy land, and if we take a tower, the mid zerg come to take it back. They also have some good FG's that RvR.

RvR on prydwen as at a bit of a Low as far as server history is concerned.

Can't speak for excal, not tried 50 RvR there

Majsan

Fledgling Freddie
maelstrom is best, gonna be easy to farm albis and hibbis :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Majsan said:
maelstrom is best, gonna be easy to farm albis and hibbis :)
Maelstrom certainly is the best active guild group on Mid/Prydwen at the moment, and except for a few mishaps against certain Hibs(?), I believe they roll over most enemies currently out in the frontiers. However, first of all I wonder whether the current Maelstrom group is the one and only Maelstrom guild group that will be active in clustering (or will there be several, and in that case, will that dilute the current group?), and second, due to this (perceived or real?) superiority, whether the players in that group really are prepared for the potentially tougher resistance they may come up against when facing Excalibur guilds?

Regardless, all gank groups will probably have fun in the cluster, simply due to there being a lot more activity that they can benefit from (and we all know that activity in the frontier means more RPs for everyone, it's only the transformation constant that varies between groups and individuals).

atos

Fledgling Freddie
If this sleeping giant wakes up I will try to take on the position as zergleader. I havnt done that since like 1.45 or something, those were the days. =) Lvl 47 thane in RvR 4tw!

technasia

Fledgling Freddie
Time will tell but i aint putting my hopes up ... who knows maybe they'll cluster in 2007

falseth

Loyal Freddie
technasia said:
Time will tell but i aint putting my hopes up ... who knows maybe they'll cluster in 2007

bout the time when prydwen will be back up then..

Grund

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh i dont care if exc fgs are better, if they r its good cos it gives opprtunity to raise our own skills by fighting more demanding enemies and if they arent better then, oh well... :D

Lethul

FH is my second home
Majsan said:
1 groupa + bb(demodar) i think :)

but you said you would leave maelstrom and join Mumin's Eleven with me and septina? :(

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
but you said you would leave maelstrom and join Mumin's Eleven with me and septina? :(

Are Mumin's Eleven your evul minions?

brad

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
If this sleeping giant wakes up I will try to take on the position as zergleader. I havnt done that since like 1.45 or something, those were the days. =) Lvl 47 thane in RvR 4tw!

Im have taking up the position of zerg leader come clustre already

More RR'S for teh win. Well thats my plan.

And the sleeping giant will be KNOW more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom