quake 3 arena test

H

Happy Go Lucky

I always here this quoted in the magazines for alot of bench marking tests, where can I download it?

I'm curious as to what my fps is.

Thanks

S

ShockingAlberto

Well there should be good demos with Q3, which is what i ebluieve some of the benchmark tests use at least. However if you're a Q3 newbie like me, then you won't have any demos, as the last point release didn't include any.

However you can proberbly get a good idea of your FPS by setting somehting like ``cg_showfps 1'', and then running around in a lan game firing. I've found Q3DM18 to be a knightmare for my FPS, so that would be a good map to try and see what your lowest FPS will be.

H

Happy Go Lucky

I haven't got LAN, so what you're saying if I download the standard demo, that should work?

T

throdgrain

Yes thats right. You can d/l the std demo plus the 2 intensive ones. Out of interest i make 117 av on the standard demo and about 60-70 on the hard ones !

O

old.venturer01

buy the game it better than 3dmark2001

H

Happy Go Lucky

I've got the game, & i'm downloading 3d mark 2001, but my crappy dail-up connection, will :( at the 40 Megs, so I'll do it bits.

My 850 Duron wiv GF2MX, gets 70 fps on z Steel Soldiers :/ good game, but this is in 600x480 resolution & all graphical options turned off, with everything on at 1024x768 I only get 10 fps :eek:
which is awful to play, even the mouse doesn't move smoothly.

Quake3 is fine btw

H

Happy Go Lucky

Hello, I've got the Quake3 demo as well as return to castle wolfenstein demo,

How do I test my fps now?

Thankyou

S

ShockingAlberto

Do you have the Q3 Demos, rather than the Demo?

When they state `Q3 Demo', they don't mean the playable demo that you download, to see if you like the game. You could use it, but if you have the full game then there's no point.

What they mean is a `quake demo', which has been recordered. As i stated at the top of the thread, older point releases came with system intensive demos, however the latest release hasn't. If you installed 1.31 over another point release, then you should have some demos. However you can find a good Q3 site, and look for system intensive demos.

There's a menu from the main Q3Amenu, called `demos' which will display all the demos you have. You can also turn on `timedemo', which is what you want.

H

Happy Go Lucky

with the full game, and i've used /cg_drawFPS 1 to show frame rates during my demos fluctuate from 30-100 very quickly, which doesn't tell me an average which is what I want.

How do I turn on Time demo? I only have demo 1 & 2

So shall I just go to planetquake.com and look for system intensive demos, & how do the magazines benchmark their system to a specific framerate, when cg_drawFPS varies so much. What do they use?

Thanks

S

ShockingAlberto

In Q2 it's just `timedemo 1', howeve rin Q3 i would guess `cg_timedemo 1', however if that don't work, then try the Q2 style command.

If your FPS is varying that much, then you need to turn your settings down.

T

throdgrain

Ive tried to tell u this once, obviously incorrectly . Go to demos in your Q3 menu. Bring down console ,and type in timedemo 1.then click on the demo u want. When it has finished bring down your console,and there will be the result.

H

Happy Go Lucky

Thanks alot :) & apols for being such as n00b.

I got 60fps for both demos btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom