Qm2

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Depends what the hell you're talking about I suppose...

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
The Queen Mary 2 - bigarse Transatlantic boat. Powerplant has the same output as 16000 cars, or can power Southampton indefinatly.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
OK, and that was difficult to say beforehand because...?

(No I haven't seen it yet, I guess I'll go and find my own linkage...)

SFXman

One of Freddy's beloved
I hate those flashy websites...

"Standing beside this majestic ship at quayside, visitors will behold a structure as tall as a 21-story building. She will be over a hundred feet longer than the Eiffel Tower is tall, over four city blocks in length. If she were afloat in the pool at the foot of Niagara Falls, her stack would rise over twenty feet above the rim."

"Length: 345 meters / 1132 feet
Beam: 40 meters / 135 feet
Beam at Bridge Wings: 45 meters / 147.5 feet
Draft: 10 meters / 32 feet 10 inches
Height (Keel to Funnel): 72 meters / 236.2 feet
Gross Registered Tonnage: Approximately 150,000 gross tons
Passengers: 2620
Crew: 1253
Top Speed: Approximately 30 knots (34.5 mph)
Power: 157,000 horsepower, Environmentally friendly, gas turbine/diesel electric plant
Propulsion: Four pods of 20 MW each. 2 fixed and 2 azimuthing.
Strength: Extra thick steel hull for strength and stability for Transatlantic Crossings.
Stabilizers: Two sets
Cost: Estimated $800 million dollars
"

Amagaad!

Hey... I want to own one of these on the ship:

"Five duplex apartments which are two stories high and measure more than 1,650 square feet. Overlooking the stern, breathtaking sea views are provided via a two-story glass wall. Each apartment features its own gymnasium and balcony and butler and concierge service. For the ultimate in luxury, duplex apartments can be connected to a penthouse to create a stunning 2,220-square-foot living space, an accommodation choice simply unrivalled on any other passenger ship."

Got this stuff of this link:
http://www.cruiseweb.com/CUNARD-QUEEN-MARY-2.HTM

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Ok, 12 people died before it even left dry dock... this cannot be a good thing. And how can they advertise "sea views" on a boat ffs, I'd be extremely disappointed/surprised if I didn't have a sea view.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
caLLous said:
And how can they advertise "sea views" on a boat ffs, I'd be extremely disappointed/surprised if I didn't have a sea view.

I think it would be cool if some of the room were under - water level. Look out your window at some under sea views. That would be pretty cool :D

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Or maybe the cruise liner from The Fifth Element, that would be cool and the views change all the time. :)

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
God bless the queen and all those who sail in her!

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe in a few years they will make a movie about how it sunk :)

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Down here in Southampton, if you listened carefully, you could hear the docks sounding off, with her arrival/departure, whichever. I don't know, i don't follow these things. :p

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
When I used to live down that way I always used to see the big ships docked in Southampton. It's a spectacular sight when you're about 12. :)

I'm now in Plymouth so I get all of the Navy ships going in and out of Devonport. There's a pub called The New Waterfront and it's beer garden is literally about 3 feet away from the water's edge (a big wall). We sat there in the summer and watched a load of them coming back from Iraq, including HMS Ocean, which is pretty farkin big, I can tell ya. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom