Q3 Urban Terror ?

T

throdgrain

Does anyone know anything about this mod ? Ive downloaded it, and it plays in single player, but every time I go online it downloads .pk3 (?) files from the server. Is there somewhere else I can get these ? I have the lastest version I beileve.

S

Shocko

You may be connecting to a server that runs custom maps... If you're using a BW server, you need the specific BW map pack. This should also cover you for most other servers running customs.
You can proberbly find the pack somewhere around here:
ftp://ftp.barrysworld.com/pub/games/quake3/urbanterror/

It's deffinately a good mod, proberbly the only Q3 i play now that Q3F has gone crap. TeamDeathMatch is proberbly the most fun, really because it involves more tactics than TeamPlay w/Rounds(which is odd i s'pose).

A little tip, if you get on a server, is to select "none" for your grenades. That way, you can get an extra item, which is worth it unless you have a specific scenario where you'll want nades. I normally get a kevlar vest, and a kevlar helmet, which is useful when you manage to reach the enemy's side of the map in TDM :)

T

throdgrain

The thing is, according to ASE I have the maps already. Thats what I thought you see, no maps. However, for example the first file it wants to down load is UT_Silema (or summat). Now I know I have this map, and the server isnt even running it anyway.
Very strange. Ive just played Silema off line no probs.

C

Chameleon

If you have the maps, they should be .pk3 files. Find out where they are, i.e. if they are in '/quakeiiiarena/ut/maps', try copying them to '/baseq3' or vice versa.

Ch@m

S

Shocko

Hmm... Last time i tried to connect to a BW server, i was kicked for having invalid pk3 files. I presumed a new version had come out, however this was not the case. I just went onto the Jolt TDM server and forgot about it.

Evidently something is up with it... That was a few weeks ago, so hopefully someone else might have an idea.

T

throdgrain

Nar this is happening on all servers. I tried copying UT_Slimea or whatever its called to the baseq3 folder as well, but still no good.
However I noticed that although at the top it said loading UT_Slimea, it was actually downloading Museum.pk3.
Almost as if its trying to download every map regardless of wether its needed or not.

T

throdgrain

Hey I fixed it. I had it on auto download, which for some reason meant it tried to d/l everything i hadnt got. Oh well ...

C

Chameleon

yeah this prob used to happen on the ra3map1 server too. it could be resolved by switching autodownload off. It tried to download maps on the server that werent even in the map cycle and even if u downloaded it, it still didnt let you on and tried to d/l it again. weird.

M

Majic...

yea turn off auto download!

its in the manual btw :)

sorry I missed this thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom