Q3 CTF'ers

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
So where's all the q3ctf'ers these days? The Game.net preview server never really took off but there's still a handful of other packed publics most of the time.
Would be great to get a good uk based osp ctf server up and running and used regularly! Any thoughts or ideas?
This is still the best online fps game to date imho :)

bigfoot

Fledgling Freddie
#ctfpickup.euro is where I mainly play, although I do not play much these days.

Hadex

Fledgling Freddie
BoP Q3 reforming :clap:
As Bigfoot said #ctfpickup.euro is the channel to join.

S

son1ka

Its wierd, there used to be atleast 3 or 4 full pub CTF servers amongst the QuakeZero and XS4ALL servers, now the QZ ones seem to have gone, theres only really 1 server (XS) and thats continually full....so wheres all the ppl that were on the other servers??! (postin in forums no doubt)

XS seem to have laid on another server tho, there 2 now being;

XS4ALL 2 - OSP 1.03 CTF (1.32) 194.109.69.98:27960
XS4ALL - OSP 1.03 CTF (1.32) 194.109.69.91:27960

These have both been very busy the last few nights/days.

Jolt have a decent pub server aswell but no-one seems to use it at all, shame really coz they`ll take it off soon i would imagine, leaving only a very bare mininum of possible servers for the quick clan game etc.

jolt.co.uk - OSP 1.03a CTF (01) 213.208.119.60:27962

But yeh, pickup is the best place for a decent game =]

U

unicious

qzero is rumoured to return, but they had hosting problems..
since they went offline all players went to xs4all making the server over crowded and the admins decided to add another server cutting the join-waitinglist from a few hours to some minutes (at most times).. the only few other servers I know are dutch servers running baseq3, and no idea who admins those servers so hard to get them to run osp instead.

A

ArMa

here's ip from a public osp ctf server 212.43.246.3:27969

You can also join #ctfpickup.fr, #ctfpickup.se, #spontactf, #mercpickup

m00

Fledgling Freddie
Quite a few ThreeWave CTF CaptureStrikers on Jolt... Would be nice not to have to play on Jolt, hint hint.

Jazz

Fledgling Freddie
son1ka said:
But yeh, pickup is the best place for a decent game =]

... so long as you don't mind the wait... ;)

Public has arguably less finesse, but at least you can just jump on and play when you like, instead of all the farting around.

HoriZon

Regular Freddie
Not played Q3 in weeks now...

May pop along for a game or two.

El!CaMiNo

Fledgling Freddie
Pickup is nice but...

i often play pickup on #ctfpickup.euro and #ctfpickup.fr ,

however i really tend to watch who is in the topic. because with some people you just know that it aint gonna be fun, and gonna take ages before its getting started. Also most of the time the same maps over and over are played on pickup. I know those maps are good maps that everyone is willing to play, but sill there are some maps that are worth giving a shot.

and for a quick game i normally play on xs4all public, but with the closure of quakezero there was a very long waiting time. this has been solved by xs4all adding public nr2.....

F

FordP

Q3CTF Server Please !!!

I used to play Aardvark mainly and miss Q3 CTF since Aadvarks demise.

My favourite map is Q3Tourney6CTF. I hope we can have a good UK sever or two up and running soon.

Merry Christmas to one and All.

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, most of us CTFS'ers can be found @ Jolt these days. From viewing the Jolt CTF forums, it appears as though CTF is slowy dwindling away.

That said, there's a lot of clans wanting to play CTFS :D

criznen

Fledgling Freddie
Seems a shame CTF is slowly dying away, it always seemed the most vibrant of the different mods, althought CTFS seems to be taking over now, huzzah the spam :/

Perky_Pat

Fledgling Freddie
Hi
XS4ALL is usually very busy
Quicknet is usually busy in the evenings only
Votan is variable but rarely as mad as in the summer

My own servers never get used, except by European Clans wanting a quiet practise in OSP.

Feel free to give them a whirl:
Vanilla CTF: 212.13.201.54:27960
OSP CTF: 212.13.201.54:27961

Thanks
Perky_Pat
http://www.omegaroutes.net/q3a/

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
Hope to meet up with some of you on a few of those publics soon then. Don't think I can face the old pickup stuff tho ........ by the time everyones ready for a game, I'm usually turning the pc off again ;)
Fingers crossed, a FH q3ctf server might take off eventually eh :)

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
pickups can be fun but they can also be really iritating when you get seriously unbalanced teams due to shite captains or retarded team mates :mad:

If you can get on, go for the xs4all ctf servers, i recently discovered that their are 2 of them now.

canny

Fledgling Freddie
raw said:
pickups can be fun but they can also be really iritating when you get seriously unbalanced teams due to shite captains or retarded team mates :mad:

If you can get on, go for the xs4all ctf servers, i recently discovered that their are 2 of them now.

But one of them is not OSP? Plus they have punkbuster set at 0, so it wouldn't surprise me if there was some retarded gits on the server cheating their way!

El!CaMiNo

Fledgling Freddie
xs4all

canny said:
But one of them is not OSP? Plus they have punkbuster set at 0, so it wouldn't surprise me if there was some retarded gits on the server cheating their way!

both are osp ctf, and both have punkbuster enabled....

194.109.69.91:27960 and
194.109.69.98:27960

:drink:

canny

Fledgling Freddie
El!CaMiNo said:
both are osp ctf, and both have punkbuster enabled....

194.109.69.91:27960 and
194.109.69.98:27960

:drink:

Forget the Q3CTF servers, cheers for the guinness! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom