Q2CTF maps in LMCTF

P

[PSX]Gozza

Am I the only person who'd really like to see the standard id CTF maps added to the maplist on the LMCTF server?

Personally I prefer the LMCTF mod over threewave because of the enhancements such as team radio, offhand hook, better tech balance, ability 'juggle' techs etc ...
The extra maps are not my main reason for playing it (although some of them are excellent).

It's no fun having to play threewave CTF in order to get a fix of McInley or Stronghold Opp.
smile.gif

Anyone else feel the same way?
-Gozza

G

Goldy

nooooooo not ctf maps - if were gonna do anything with the lmctf server have it on short cycle maplist - say 10 or so and then rotate them every week /two weeks. Maybe trebz can get a voting page up or sommit -

my ideal map cycle would be -

LMCTF04
LMCTF10
Tomb4
LMCTF14
Xmap3
Xmap5
LMCTF16
LMCTF22
LMCTF25
Xmap8 (the remake of the one level zoid got right
smile.gif
)

Although i doubt i'd get it cos it means a dl - and peeps alread y bl33t aboiut size of lm as it is

G

Goldy

actually even iof we cant do anything like the above - please please please at leats change the map cycle to start with sommit other that lmctf12 - with tyhe regular crashes i am sick of this level

8_Ball

I agree on the the 2 maps you say and maybe smelter and q2ctf8 (dunno the name) but most lmctf players would agree that the other maps are pants.However there is the problem that lmctf already has 30 of its own maps (29 in the cycle,lmctf19 was removed cos its shite).
The problem then is the ctf maps would get lost amongst all the other lmctf maps and I doubt peeps would be willing to add another 2 pak files to the lmctf directory, mine is already at 227 mb which includes the old Nachos map pak that used to run on the server.Personally i would like to see the return of a few of them before the regular ctf maps were added.
Maybe its time the LM regulars decided which LM maps to drop, there are quite a few shite ones and if we decided on a smaller quality map cycle we could knock up a pak file that would be a lot smaller download for newbies as Im sure the sheer size of getting LMCTF 3,4 & 5 puts people off.

------------------
{TFC}8_Ball
http://www.barrysworld.com/tfc

M

Monyet

Yes! Please get rid of the shite maps on the LMCTF server.

I'm a newbie to LM so it'll take some time for me to get into it. Problem is I'm beginning to enjoy a certain map (after doing crap for ages) and then we change to a really shite one and everyone leaves the server :p

Q2CTF1 in LMCTF1 - now that would be _very_ interesting.

------------------
^Monyet - that's n before the y
-
Lethal Enforcers
web.ukonline.co.uk/frank.dodd/LethalEnforcers.html

S

Speccy

Im undecided on this so id say give it a try, it would be interesting to see the id maps on LM without wep stay for once.

P

[PSX]Gozza

Cool, I didn't know that any LM maps were already removed from the map list. Would be nice to kick out some of the really dodgy ones like LMCTF07 (surely the result of what happens when someone messes about with Worldcraft whilst under the influence of class A drugs).

I play on a LAN at work pretty much every day, and the LM maps we play are:
01, 04, 08, 10, 11, 16, 20, 24 and 26.
Most of the others are usually met with moans of "put a proper map on"
smile.gif

D

[DBP]hol

WOW! Can I have a job?
smile.gif

Errr, personally despite the fact that IMO most id ctf maps suck, but personally Id be willing to try, oh one other problem... the league Im running would more than likely get priority over the map cycle, which is TBA at the moment [/ME THROWS HIS KEYBOARD AND THE BROKEN SPACE BAR OUT OF THE WINDOW]
ahem as I was saying...its TBA, hmm I wonder what people would make of the id software maps in the league? [not much probably]
Anyway the discussion on the league map list will take place soon so Ill mail everyone and probably post something here and in the bwctfl/lml forum

O

old.Lizardking

LMCTF has enjoyed loadsaa maps in the last year, all the as2m* mappak etc. and CTF has had to make do with 5 , then an extra 3 shite ones and now 1 decent one (spog) so if anything Id like to see some of the LM maps on IDCTF server pls.

You kids dont know youre born etc.

O

old.Monyet

good idea! although you'll probably get lots of whinging about how much lag there is on the maps and all that....

O

old.[PSX]Gozza

Well some of the LM maps wouldn't be able to be put in threewave becuase LMCTF uses some custom entities, e.g. destroyable/regenerating walls (lmctf11, 13, etc.). Guess it wouldn't be difficult to extract the others though.

G

Good point. in fact there's also the custom textures in LM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom