Q

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
10am and 30 min queue. Last night 3 hour queue with a crash at the end of its. This is getting silly. Has anyone heard anything from bioware on what they are doing about it?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
This is pretty much the case with all MMO releases nowadays, it's all the hype of a new game. Give it a few days and it should calm down as people stop trying to play 24/7. There will probably be some new servers released on launch day too to accommodate for the main release.

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
Aye, we'll just have to bear with it for the time being. I've heard that the servers aren't capped on population yet though, to encourage new people to roll on other servers, so I hope that they'll be raising caps over the next week.

In my opinion though it's far better to bear with the queues for a couple of weeks on a competitive high pop server than end up on an empty server down the line.

On Tomb of Freedon Nadd there was appearently 2700 people in queue yesterday evening with 5-6 hours of queue. :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
This is a good thing, i don't mind 20 minute queues(or longer), if it means the damng ame is populated ;)

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Bioware have said that they are trying not to just make lots and lots of servers because they know that the demand won't be this high forever, and they're mindful of the empty servers lots of other games have. Which boggles my mind somewhat because the game hasn't even released, officially.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Yep, imo it's only going to get worse over the next few days..

A friend said they have capped all the servers at 50% of what they are going to be in a few weeks.. to spread people out more..

Dunno if true.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Yea, the same happened in WAR and Rift, and probably a few other games. The server caps on release were lower to kinda force people to spread out. After a week or two they raised the caps to the right level. It will be pretty bad on 20th when it's released officially, and probably upto xmas/new year but should then calm down as the novelty wears off and people who don't actually like the game will leave.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Yea, the same happened in WAR and Rift, and probably a few other games. The server caps on release were lower to kinda force people to spread out. After a week or two they raised the caps to the right level. It will be pretty bad on 20th when it's released officially, and probably upto xmas/new year but should then calm down as the novelty wears off and people who don't actually like the game will leave.

And/or word of mouth makes it into a massive WoW-killer.

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
Well I'm glad to see the queues are looking a lot better now.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I'd prefer the queues to be huge.. shows the game is popular... I don't want to play a game which will die in 2 weeks.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I'd prefer the queues to be huge.. shows the game is popular... I don't want to play a game which will die in 2 weeks.

They're gone because they've increased the server cap, not because less people are playing :)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Seems to be settling now, last week 45min-2h que on my server, last night at 20:00 CET was 10 min.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom