Q on scouts pls!

M

Mavl

What is better race for a scout? Saracen or Briton?
And how should I distribute my starting points ?

S

skile

Hard to say. I'd recommend saracen tho. Briton/Highlander if you plan to use a buffbot.

O

old.Sanar

For a botter briton with +10 str,con,qui is best imo or highlander with same +10's as briton if ur not worried about the 10 qui difference.

G

gunner440

both briton and saracen are good races

highlander.... rofl? no comment on that one

saracen is more cookie cutter as it gets u extreme dex and quick but at lvl 50 dmg isn't that much more than a briton.

britons also look better than those desert ppl :D

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Like it was mentioned before, with a buffbot I would certainly take a Highlander :p
My scout is a Saracen, does nice damage. Still not lvl 50, so loses pretty fast to the numerous SB's out there, and the armor is crap, but once 50 she should stand her ground.
I would probably do a Briton if I could repick race. Also put points into con, dex and quick. Strength is a bit less important, unless you will go for a slash scout.
Regards, Glottis

M

Mavl

My scout is lvl 6 atm.
Briton, 10 con, 10 dex, 10 qui, Slash :)

Is he gimp already and I should reroll? :p

btw, it's on pvp, so I think more firepower is nice(could be wrong tho ;))

Dunno, what's better at higher lvls, the saracen's dex and faster draw speed, or the briton's higher str(to carry arrows ;p) and hits.

D

dimerian

Briton. Dex 10,Qui 10,Int 10- like mine :D

ps.dont ask ^^

K

K0nah

BG1 scout: saracen hands down, +10dex/con/str or qui, depending if u value a slightly shorter drawtime and more evades (qui) over a bit more thrust/slash/shield dmg and better tolerance of debuffs (str) can be important when ur carrying 50lbs of arrows...

lvl50 buffed/buffbot: highlander, +15con 10str, silly as it sounds dex & str will both be at or slightly over 300cap with augstr1 & aug dex1, and qui @ 295 with aug qui2 the prereq for dodger.

course they're talking of removing the 300cap so who knows u might end up with a gimp archer a few months down the line... heh

A

Aussie-

I have 291 str with my briton buffed :D
highlander gives too much str buffed
saracen gives too much dex buffed
briton all the way :D

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Agree with Aussie. I would have loved to change race to Briton...
Was a bit of noob when I picked my race for scouts... still am a Noob offcourse, for still taking pleasure in playing a scout. Mythic, what have you done for me lately?!
And sadly, a buffbot is needed on a scout... This way you MIGHT land slam on one of the 5 SB's attacking you at the same time, buffed by a lvl 50 buffbot, and oh so elite...
Regards, Glottis

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by K0nah
BG1 scout: saracen hands down, +10dex/con/str or qui, depending if u value a slightly shorter drawtime and more evades (qui) over a bit more thrust/slash/shield dmg and better tolerance of debuffs (str) can be important when ur carrying 50lbs of arrows...

lvl50 buffed/buffbot: highlander, +15con 10str, silly as it sounds dex & str will both be at or slightly over 300cap with augstr1 & aug dex1, and qui @ 295 with aug qui2 the prereq for dodger.

course they're talking of removing the 300cap so who knows u might end up with a gimp archer a few months down the line... heh

You will not have quickness at 295 with 50 base quickness as a Highlander. Not even with 50 spec enhance buffs and aug qui 5.

F

Flimgoblin

50+10 from starting stats
+22 from levelling up.

+50 base buffs
+75 spec buffs
+75 items

+12 from aug qui 2

aug qui 3 hits 300 ;)

T

Tranquil-

Thing is. You don't get a baseline Quickness buff.

Also, he didn't put +10 qui to begin with, he wanted +15 con, 10 str.

T

Tranquil-

Quickness is the secondary stat for Scouts, it is raised every other level.

With 50 base quickness you will have 73 quickness base with no items at level 50.

You will have 148 quickness capped with items(+75). Add 50 specline dex/qui buffs(+75) and you'll have 235 qui fully buffed, not counting aug qui.

edit: Assuming 125% bonus from enhance spec over lvl, you will get 50 str, 44 con, 48 dex and no quickness since there's no baseline quickness buff.

K

K0nah

yus in my late night stupour i added on a 50qui base buff, which of course doesnt exist thnx tranq :)

...still dex wise, str wise and especially hitpoint wise highlander is a win (with a buffbot)

aussie: 291str isnt 300 tho is it :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread