[Q&A] Ask the devs about the White Lion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
No doubt you are all full of burning questions about the newly announced White Lion class. You've read the details in the newsletter and still you want to know more.

Well fear not because you have the opportunity to put your questions to the developers at EA Mythic. The next grab bag in the June newsletter will be all about this exciting new High Elf class and all the questions will come from you.

Post your question below and you could see it answered in the next newsletter!

Remember the rules:
  • Keep questions on topic (The White Lion). Off topic questions won't be forwarded.
  • Make sure you read the questions already submitted before posting your own to make sure you don't duplicate questions
  • This isn't a feedback or discussion thread, please only post questions here. All other posts will be removed.

A

angash

Can the white lions dual wield?

like the title is saying can the white lions dual wield?

K

Kirzakh

War lion variation

Since the White lions have a War lion. I wonder if they will be able to tame/get/buy different lions with different abilitys?

And will the War lions have some Mastery gained abilitys?

//William, sweden

Lunatt

Fledgling Freddie
WL, War lion from level?

Will the White Lions have a war lion from level 1? Or will they first need to do a quest where they have to kill a war (White) lion, and then "steal" the cub? Or anything like this? (like stealing a cub but leaving the war lion big ones alone?)

So short:
What level do we get a War Lion, and how do we get it? By pushing a button, or by completing a horrible terrific nice awesome quest for it?

ty in advance:)

Fester Addams

Fledgling Freddie
As unlike the squig herder the white lion has the same individual lion throughout the game I am curious as to how "calling" said lion will work and what effects a lion death will have on it?

My point here is that if a squig hearders squig dies then all he does is get a new one (summons) but the white lion and its animal are bonded specifically to each other.

I have gathered that when the elf dies then the lion reverts back to a more natural behaviour but what happens if the lion dies?
Does some buff kick in?
Hate, sorrow, frenzy...

How do you then go about "resurecting" the lion?

I hope it will not be a summons that you have to do after each session change.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
In the light of recent news that Magi get turret-like demons because they are the Engineer's mirror class, what is the White Lions' the mirror class, and do they get pets too now?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
how is the "tank" version getting balanced between the "hunter" and the axeman type?

/edit: or rather how is the different proffesions balanced between eachother.

is the tanks pet actually gonna be a viable source of DPS or is it just gonna be something slightly fluffy.

and is the tank itself getting any disadvantages from having a pet that the other tank classes wont have.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Can you name the pet?

If you can, and i name my lion Whiskers, Fluffy, Cuddles or Pookums, am i going to have the name slapped by the roleplay nerfstick?

If you cannot name the pet, is it's name from it's geneology, or is it randomly generated?

Regarding age, can the lion die of old age?

Can it sire a litter?

Can lions have different base stats based on their breeding parents, i.e. 2 mighty parents create a stronger-than-average offspring?

Is this class going to be anything like the WoW hunter class? Sorry, but comparisons will be drawn when a class can raise a pet a-la WoW.

Oh, and thanks in advance for producing a class I know im going to play and enjoy :)

Kjel

One of Freddy's beloved
Will we be able to change our pet name/custom stuff after we've played them for a while? (i.e. I name my pet Fluffykins and give him a pink mane at level 1, then decide it looks pants at level 30, will I be able to change stuff then?)

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
Will you be able to give potions or consumables to the pet? Will you be able to attach trophies to it? Is the lion going to be able to tank in PvP?

Kjel

One of Freddy's beloved
Will we be able to tell the pet to move to specific positions to attack our target (to the side or back for instance)?

How do we get our pet back once it croaks it in a fight? Can we rezz/resummon them in combat?

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Will the WL have a certain combat-build-up-mechanic, to gain points for special moves?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Ok after trolling trough some froum i shal not name here; Warhammeralliance

oh dammit!! sry flim!

these questions remain to me:

1 Female High Elf White Lions (shortenned) FHEWL xD will they have female lion pets?

2 What weaponery will the M
aleHighElfWhiteLion and the FHEWL xD be able to wield?

3 Where's my beta spot?:flame:
(ieieieie:p)
4 Can you dye your pet with blood?:)

Lunatt

Fledgling Freddie
Does the WL have stances? say for different ways to interact with the war lion, different tactics etc? Or anything like staces as we already heard of? The way of attacking can't be very different since they will be melee only guys i think. But in tactics maybe stances work out funny, as you have more options and different ways of fighting.

ty in advance

C

Chases Street Demons

This is sort of a tricky mechanics question. Pet classes in general in MMOs are a frightening mishmash. Most are incredibly overpowered in small scale or solo PvE situations because of the pet but then when they hit the end game content their pets are usually marginalized or made out and out useless. Sometimes this is a result of wonky AI and sometimes it's a result of a deliberate decision to not make any one player as powerful as two others. In PvP/RvR the question will remain, because the need to make the pet functional in PvE (by, for example, giving it a taunt) can directly affect PvP/RvR (because now you're being taunted by some cat and it's debuffing your damage)

What *new* steps will WAR take to balance the White Lion as a pet class (and the Squig Herder by extension)?

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
From what I've read so far about the White Lion and his 'Pet', I would like to know how the mastery levels affect the pet? As the master is the one who has to decide which mastery path to take, it seems obvious that the pet will tailor itself to that progression.

What I'm asking is, will the pet have its own abilities that it will get automatically when the master levels up? Or will they be intergrated into the Core/Mastery progression of the Master (Giving the master two lots of control). Obviously, looking at the standard pet bar as it stands now, you have slots for three abilities... will we decide what those abilities will be, or is that automatic too?

Ad finally, I've seen pictures of a lion with a saddle for the White Lion progression. Was the artist having He-Man flashbacks when he drew them?

D

DemonOfLoom

Question 1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
When the White Lion dies how will the War Lion react? Such as enraging or perhaps becoming sad and wandering off.

Question 2
Will I be able to tell the difference between my Lion and anothers? Markings, colours?

Question 3
Can I brush the Lions teeth.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I read something about the lion being with you forever (so you cant throw it away and get a new one). Will it be able to be your level, or will it always stay a level or 2 lower?

Also will it level the same speed as you?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Thanks for the questions, they've all been bagged up and forwarded to EA Mythic so keep an eye out for the answers in the June Newsletter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom