PvP test Server now open

gmloki

Part of the furniture
The test server is live with the much anticipated Issue 4-Colloseum loaded up. Which basically means that the PvP arenas are now open for full battle. There is also quite a selection of body/face scaling features as well as a host of new costumes.

It is quite easy to set up access to the test server and you can even copy your current live charecters over to the test server. You cannot export them back to the live servers though. Only downside is that it would appear you have to install a large client file for the test server.

Full details can be found at http://eu.cityofheroes.com/news/articles/315/

And Instructions can be found here http://uk.boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=51951

I fear for my charecter who is a lvl 26 controller. Not really suited to one on one combat so it looks like this will be one for the supergroup :)

Sar

Part of the furniture
The patch is only about 40-odd mbs iirc, and you can download it AFTER your play session, which is a lot better than EQ et al used to do it iirc.

I'm a Katana/Regen Scrapper (lvl 17), and regen's gonna get nerfed in I4 - might be worth testing it out to see how much, although I know exactly how the maths of the nerfing work, I want to see how it plays out in reality.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Scratch that - just did a test install, and it's downloading a 95mb patch.

Thank god for 1mb ADSL :)

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Im new to MMORPG's Whats nerfing

Slow Eddie

Fledgling Freddie
Ash said:
Im new to MMORPG's Whats nerfing
It's where they either remove an ability or, more likely, reduce it's effect.

This is usually as a result of some lamers repeatedly posting about how overpowered every other character apart from theirs is, and eventually the developers give in.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Issue 4 goes live at the start of May some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom