PvP server in testing on GORRE !

A

Apathy

They should change the name from Player v Player to Enchanter v Enchanter.

Pfft. On the other hand, I've decided I'm going to start a mentalist on a "normal" server. They're like sorcerers but all Hibernia'd up to the eyeballs!

STUN!

a.

K

Khalen

It's fun when yah have a group to xp with but soloing is very hard.. It's really chaos out there.

D

DocWolfe

my lvl 5 friar keeps getting attacked as soon as I go anywhere near prydwen bridge... and I usually end up owning an orange con :p

K

kr0n

So few yellowcons out there :(

I think Ive seen one yellow con, some blue, mostly green/grey... :(

T

tris-

I killed an orange con and got 7 bubbles of xp, whos says killing people for no reason isnt worth it :p

P

Pixie.Pebr

Getting killed at the lowlevels is not such a huge problem...
If a red con jumps you, just /y Help me kill this [insert class here]!!!! and you will in a matter of seconds have 3-283 other people ganging up and killing the guy :D

The best one was the Avalonian Wizard outside Fort Atla, giving Earthbuffs to the millions of little kobolds running about there.
Someone decided to attack the wizzy and promptly got swarmed by angry kobbos with earthbuffs LOL :D

F

Flimgoblin

superb :)

may roll an earth wizard and run around buffing people :) hopefully have a friendly following ;)

O

old.mattshanes

I saw about 10 zerkers having a scrap in mularn at one time was hilarious.:D

M

monkeynutter

heres question, can you fight in citys own or other realm or only outside. im a mid can i go in camelot without being riped apart.

S

Sigurd

All cities are safe zones to everyone I think.

C

Cedig

Another 2 stupid question

Are there trainers from each realm in all realms. I.E. an enchanter trainer in Camelot etc.

Can u use other realms hit, or do you always have to use your original realms armor/weapons

O

old.Mitsu

You have to return to your own realm for training.

BUT - You can use equipements from other realms :)
As long as its the same category.

O

old.Velo

PvP will never work, its fun the first week but then it gets old... you dont get friends you get enemys. Everyone is unfriendly (and german) and you cant even heal you con loss without getting killed.
(prob by the same guy (german) that killed you 2 min ago)

The game was not designed for this.. the whol thing feels like a cheat or trainer of some sort...
but atleast the custemers happy...

im going back to prydwen.
cya in emain.

ps i have nothing against germans... ;). as long as you speak english on an english server.

P

Pixie.Pebr

Whats this cuddliness with Germans?

Lets make 3 guilds:

1 for all the germans
1 for all the french guys
1 for all the rest

Meet on Salisbury Plains for a good old fieldscrap in the rain :D

Sicko is mine, so leave him be ;)

O

old.Lianuchta

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion
They should change the name from Player v Player to Enchanter v Enchanter.

Pfft. On the other hand, I've decided I'm going to start a mentalist on a "normal" server. They're like sorcerers but all Hibernia'd up to the eyeballs!

STUN!

a.

Get Sever the Tether RA as soon as you can, and go and gank all the chanters using their own pets :D

S

SilverHood

Yeah Velo... Cya on Prydwen

can you be afk at alb entrance of DF a bit more please? Can't seem to find you there anymore :rolleyes:

S

Sigurd

The most annoying thing is when I'm told I can't join a group/guild because I don't speak german/french ON AN ENGLISH SERVER. Hopefully we will see less of this in the real pvp server, but I doubt it.

M

monkeynutter

after playing some more on pvp its nice to see all the ones that everyone thought were morons have now moved to pvp.
It can be anoying being killed just after your down to .3 after being in combat and some red or high con comes along and kills you but the main thing is since your not worth anything they dont get anything and apart from wasted time it has no bad effect on you. the other good thing is while the lamers are camping towns they not geting any higher themselfs. all you have to do is move off from main part get some levels then go gank the moron who thougt it was so clever before. or just find someone else and make a group.

O

old.0xygen

Had a wee play around with a luri shield champ called Giant got lost in albion lol. Safety still on 3 more levels till it comes off wahey.

Lots of german and french people although alot of them speak english better than I do

O

old.Kladen

Gorre PvP is pants by my opinion, but once it goes live and the big guilds set in, it should be fun and you can get protection from your guild.

M

monkeynutter

kind of a whine

its prob best not to bother taking off safety till you higher or close to ten mainly due to the amount of higher ones who just camp towns or the xp spots,i took mine off to duel with someone my own level, he won but differnece was he backed off and didnt kill me for sake of it, now most would say that was stupid of him, but its also intresting to see what happens when you do have saftey off on pvp. if you see someone else being hit on by lamers join with them, most the ones ive seen dont try to attack groups and just pray on singles.
visit any town or xp spot and you will find ones who just hang around there, as i said before what makes it funny is they to thick to read and they dont gain anything from it.
just seen a red con going round attacking much lower levels below himself but with a blue con healer in tow. he attacks someone and if they fight back the healer just heals him so they dont have much chance.
Its strange thing to play pvp you would expect most people to be xping to go and fight the other realms in their land but instead they just hang around killing people who are xping for no gain. Its only a test and jerkoffs will always be in this game fact of life but you never see how dumb some people are till they open a pvp server, on normal server most the idiots can do is mess up a group or xp steal, agro a mob into somoene else,try to trick people out of money and equipment etc.

Im on midgard but if albion or hib dont act the same way their realms would become very strong due to so many in midgard just screwing up midgard people. so if your hib or albion dont mess up your own and youll own the test server while its running.

Dont waste my time posting about how its pvp and anything goes i know what pvp is(also a nice test to see who can read)

S

SilverHood

Im on midgard but if albion or hib dont act the same way their realms would become very strong due to so many in midgard just screwing up midgard people. so if your hib or albion dont mess up your own and youll own the test server while its running.

Anyone can go visit any realm

My brothers pally grouped with a shammy in albion

O

old.Mitsu

Took flag off at 6 /o\

Just dinged 12 tho :p baj baj grey chanters.

R

rynnor

Actually on my third char - SM in Mid - took safety off at 1st :)

Random Gankers are now being Anti-pk'd pretty well - this gives me hopes that the Live server may well be worth playing in.

Dont think the same applies in alb tho so if your playing an alb class level up with safety on till you have saved the 10 silver.

O and remember u can use /release city to get home for training if your con is cheap.

S

Sigurd

Fed up of it already, joined a guild, found it was german, I'd already taken my flag off to help guild members in a small battle - later on, I was running along and saw a guildie being attacked by an orange con, I ran to help him, the guildie stood down and watched me die to the orange, I complained to the guild leader who informed me "we instructed the members to try something new" i.e RP farming... so bye bye guild.

Also, the psychos who chase you for 5 minutes, even if you are grey to them, got on my nerves too much. I'll give it another shot when the proper server comes out, but I doubt it'll be very different.

S

Sortbane

Woohooo! liked the PvP server and the rate of action going on there.. BUT on gorre sofar the only difference I see is that you can walk around everywhere, and kill anybody.. The rule XXX speaks something in a language you dont understand still applies. If you dont know what they're saying, kill it :rolleyes:

So it seems like someone else already has said.. English vs French vs Germans..

- Frostburn on PvP :)

D

Dorin

le lupeste majorana bla bla ---> kill
zürock ein noobish der bla bla bla ----> kill
go to hell you noob ---> kill

thanks ---> wave/let him/her go
danke ---> wave/let him/her go
merci ---> wave/let him/her go

simple rules, really :D

O

old.Tohtori

My test on PvP. Played a healer until i got a mess...when is it..level 5?..anyways... ran around midgard, safety off, messing everything i saw and then sciddling away with me mighty running speed :D

I didn't gank anyone but sure as hell was fun to hear them swear my name to kingdom come for just making them sit still for a good while :flame:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom