PVP live on 3rd of dec

F

Feac_

for those that dont check for friday news untill friday

Early Friday news
[2002-26-11]

Many of you were waiting for it : Camlann, the new PvP server, will soon open its gates to the savage hordes of players, hungry for battle.
The official date for the opening of Camlann is Tuesday, December 3rd, late in the morning. The characters created on Gorre for the tests will not be transferred to Camlann, the character database will be completely cleared of all characters and guilds.

For those of you not knowing the specific rules of the PvP server, you are invited to check the FAQ in our RightNow knowledge database.

As you know, the opening of the PvP server was delayed a bit, but we hope that the result will be answering all your expectations.

A couple more days and the battle for the domination of Camlann will begin !

Early Friday News

M

Madonion Slicer

Great only a week to go and Excal will finally be a decent server what with all the griefers moving to PvP, woooo

Have fun on PvP dont come back in any hurry

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Madonion Slicer
Great only a week to go and Excal will finally be a decent server what with all the griefers moving to PvP, woooo

Have fun on PvP dont come back in any hurry

LOL

and also, haha to those PKs who spent hours and hours on gorre to get thier chars wiped :p

M

Madonion Slicer

French Guy "Look at me i spent 3 weeks striaght and i am lvl50......oh shit they deleted him :rolleyes:" , oh double shit i lost my job and my wife for this.

Have fun on PVP, i hope you all love it and stay forever

S

SFXman

Wow... interesting, excuse my french when I say: great fucking day of the week to open up a PvP server.

That's it, no PvP for me :(
Just not possible, if ya can't keep up in the beginning then levelling is going to be a bitch :mad:

F

Fafnir

Cant they wait for friday the 6, and open the gates in the afternoon.

R

razorboy

Crap got exams from 5th till 18th of december, no pvp for me :'(

O

old.tRoG

GIV PVP DATE!

GIV PVP DATE!

"Here's the date."

WTF? BAD DATE DOOD! GOA SUXX0RZ! WTF?!?! OMGG!!! FFFSSSS!!!!!

Complain till you get something, then complain when you get it :rolleyes:

S

Shaki/Aeis

Haha! There is always some people who can whine at anything.

Open it in middle of the week. the ones with jobs will whine.

Open it late friday and all powergamers and half the ones working will whine as they can't logg in. Also that it is even more late on friday then on tuesday.

I'm glad that they open it as early as they can and also maybe it wont be as crowded that way.

S

SFXman

The ones with a job or who still go to some form of educative mental institute/prison, will complain. I belong in this category and I'd say that just about everyone does...

Sure it's great that PvP is coming so soon, but I mean... any sense in this?
Someone check if there is a holiday in france this time or something, just feels like it :p

Sure if it was opened in the weekend it would be bad in the sense of overcrowding but even that way more people have the chance to get in from the start.

A

Apathy

I think all those people who got their chars to high levels were expecting GOA to turn around and say

"Well done, children! You are truly elite! And because you are such PvP superstars, we will copy you chars over to the new PvP server! WELL DONE!".

a.

B

bongos

where can i find the rules on rightnow for pvp server ?

E

Ewul_Krypt

/me waves bye bye to the nasty people ... never come back to prydwen :(

Just.. stay on Cam with sexh sigurd

O

old.Kerosene

Originally posted by SFXman
Wow... interesting, excuse my french when I say: great fucking day of the week to open up a PvP server.

Just not possible, if ya can't keep up in the beginning then levelling is going to be a bitch :mad:

So... just coz you haven't got a char which is one of the best on the server, you're not even gonna give it a go? bugger that. I'll be on there and chilling out, not levelling like bastardry and I will bet you all a million platinum that I will cope just fine.
And I will sleep well at night
And I will still have my missus next to me in the morning
And the sun will come up
And I will still have a job.
I thank you.

E

Ewul_Krypt

Originally posted by old.Kerosene

So... just coz you haven't got a char which is one of the best on the server, you're not even gonna give it a go? bugger that. I'll be on there and chilling out, not levelling like bastardry and I will bet you all a million platinum that I will cope just fine.
And I will sleep well at night
And I will still have my missus next to me in the morning
And the sun will come up
And I will still have a job.
I thank you.

See!, Mythic nerfed Midgard and Hibernia, ALbion is there child, no1 from any other realm could be so possitive!

S

Sharma

hmmmm logged in to PvP lately? theres people running round going "LIKE DOOD WE GONNA GET OUR CHARS WIPED!!!221"

and

"FFS WHAT A F***ING GOOD DAY TO WIPE EM"
"OMG PLZ WHY WE GETTIN OUR CHAR WIPED"
"PH33R ME I GOT LVL 50 IN 2DAYS NO SLEEP!!!!1 IM SO L33T!!!!"

this guy run up to me

1337 d00dz0r :"DUEL ME NOW"
me: "No."
me: "No. your a purp con"
me:"F**K OFF IM LOGGIN DUMBARSE 1337IST"

U

Urme the Legend

Who cares what day it is released??? .. we who has a job Mon-Fri will never keep up with those powergamers anyway so what's the big deal?? ..

If they opened it on friday afternoon.. would you stay up all fecking day and night until Monday to get lvl 50 or what?
When monday comes .. you will get behind anyway..

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by SFXman

hardly...

you'll be level 10 with the place crawling with level 20s

instead of being level 15 with the place crawling with level 30s...

If you can't stop showering/sleeping/eating/working/interacting for a fortnight when it releases you will be behind the people that can, no matter how you try or what day of the week it starts on.

C

-chancer-

runs to shop and to buy
King Kong size coffee jar
Pro Plus
backup generator
pizzzzzzzzzza's by the truck load
let the gaming commence

B

bewal

Hate to dissappoint you but most of the l33ters will be coming back to the real servers.

M

Madonion Slicer

Chancer dont go to PVP, i am still wanted to Kill in in real RVR been a while since BG1.

N

)nick(

There's no harm in having a bit of r0x0ring of b0x0ring on PVP and then returning to your usual server.

P

PJS

I give it a fortnight, maybe 3 weeks tops before its dead :)

K

kemor

Just a friendly note for the ones of you interested in the PvP server...

You do NOT have to be level 50 to enjoy it. On PvP server, if you like the rules/settings of this server, you can have a lot of fun from level 10 to 40. No "real" need to try and rush to 50.

Remember that you can fight other players everywhere but in capital cities and that, no matter what, level 40+ players will be a minority, mostly fighting their own battles for the dominations of the relics/keeps. The majority of players will be level 20 to 35, minding their own battles and, since the new RvR code applies to everyone (no bonus depending on your level), a level 20 can take down a level 25 or 30 under certain circumstances and a group of level 25ish can take down high level players.

We decided to launch the PvP server during the week to avoid the big bad "rush" just before the weekend and to be able to "fix" the possible issues before the weekend as well.

M

Madonion Slicer

That's it Kemor sell it to them, for a moment i thought people where not going to bother with the PvP Server, honest people it will be great please GO! no really GO!

:rolleyes:

O

old.chesnor

The problem with PvP of course is that it is powerlevellers paradise. As much as Kemor tries to persuade us that there is "a lot of fun to be had", sadly my experience on Gorre tells me otherwise. The casual gamer (in daoc terms casual = a few hours a day, which in other gaming circles is powergaming :p ) will inevitably be left behind in the rush to level. The beauty of standard servers is that even if your guild is >30lvls higher than you, you can group in safety elsewhere. I pity the poor schmucks who get left behind by their guilds on this server....

K

Keri

I can't believe none of you geniuses has figured out why they chose Dec 3 to launch the Pissartist v Pissartist server on Dec 3rd. Hasn't anyone noticed what day SI is launched in the US? Oooo .. that would be Dec 3. So to try and put the EU genius players off track of whining about not getting SI, GOA are throwing you a PvP bone to chew on.

IMHO the only thing that will save this game is to get Gaheris up and running live in the US, and for GOA it's equivalent up and running in EU. Gaheris is a cooperative server, and I have not talked to any player who dislikes the idea of a server that you play on just to have fun. No RvR .. no rush to 50 ... dragon raids that are successful because people from all 3 realms cooperated ... DF open all the time ... no such thing as a gimped character ... trolls in dresses ... buffs gladly shared ... crafters can make items from any realm

and most of all ...

Lurikeen Polearm Heroes ROCK!!! (and they score highly on the cuteness factor too). Had a blast last night when a lvl 43 troll shammy asked my lvl 7 lurispearpole asked me to take him to Sheeroe cos he didn't know the way, then he insisted that I sit and leach a level while he had fun with the glimmerlings. Oh .. before even going there, he bought me a full set of armour and gave me cash too .. and I didn't beg at all.

Anyone who has a US account and hasn't tried Gaheris, you really should, then put pressure on GOA to give us a co-op server too.

S

Subbiz

noone forces you to go to pvp server if u dont like it.

I am pretty sure that it will be VERY crowded the first week, talking of max users, or close to.. and then it will just drop slowly just like they did on US.

alot of ppl will want to try it out.. those who leaves first is those who dont like to lvl a new char up on an entirely new server, and those who just came to try it all out, and those who whine every time you gank their arse :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom