PvP in World of Warcraft

V

vargen

This text is copy from an interview with Blizzard on this years E3 in Los angeles.
The reason to why im posting this here is because i know that alot of you are wondering about PvP in wow, and this interview gave lots of details.

--------------------------------------------------------------

One member of Blizzard's dev team expects World of Warcraft to have MORE content at release than Asheron's Call 1 does NOW after being released for a few years with regularly monthly content updates! If WoW's PvP makes up 10% of that scope, it will still be a large amount of PvP content.

There will be largescale group & linked group quests DURING PvP between the Alliance and the Horde to give more of a reason to fight. The 'frontier realms' will be significantly more massive than it's competitors, but they promise people will never have difficulty finding someone to fight or kill due to expansive land.

Some unique items will only be attainable by entering PvP zones (you will get a pop up warning message when approaching these zones). The unique items will NOT be uber-stat weapons or armor, but they will be special 'unique-looking' items like robes, etc. People will know if you PvP by your appearance, will give recognition for your status, and be able to acknowledge the depth of your ability by the clothing / items you have. These items will most likely be NON-TRADEABLE, so if you want one, yer gonna have to muster up the courage sooner or later....

Massive turmoil will be encouraged & built upon between the Alliance and the Horde and reflect in PvP.

Warring races will probably NOT be able to group or guild together to uphold a truer representation of Warcraft history, lore, & roleplay elements. What if a human gains favorable faction with Orcs? You probably still won't be able to group or guild with an enemy race.

The entire Blizzard dev team *combined* is playing every major MMORPG currently released.
Blizzard has several staff members on their dev team who are hardcore PvP and PK.

O

old.Kram

Sounds great :great:

All hail the mighty Orcs !

N

Novamir

i really like the idea of unique looking non tradeable items!

V

vargen

they have been working on this game for nearly 5 years.
I think wow will be out before winter.

T

Tranquil-

No way it's out before winter. Beta starts october'ish, including all beta phases it will last 8months.

I

inuyasha

spell uber? no problem, gotta be something like:

B-L-I-Z-Z-A-R-D :D

They never fuck up, not done, and prolly wont either ^_^

D

Damon_D

sounds feeking great.. cant wait til it hits the street

O

old.Prof

they have been working on this game for nearly 5 years.
I think wow will be out before winter.

5 YEARS AND THEY AIN'T IN BETA YET ???

How long is this bloody game going to take :p ?

Believe me I've been following MMORPGs since the early beginning and if they're only this far still it's certainly not for this year and probably not for next year either.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by vargen
The entire Blizzard dev team *combined* is playing every major MMORPG currently released.
Blizzard has several staff members on their dev team who are hardcore PvP and PK.
*Hey guys, check out this cool feature. Maybe we could modify it a bit and add it to WoW.*
*Nah, better not be so obvious.*

j/k... just the impression I got at first.
I guess it is good that they have several hardcore PvP'ers, this way they get what people have always wanted... I guess.

C

Cavex ElSaviour

Originally posted by vargen

This is the reason WoW isn't finished yet :p Seeing how addictive daoc is i can believe there are more mmporg's with a high junky rate. Looks like devs are more playing other games then building WoW

T

Tranquil-

Re: Re: PvP in World of Warcraft

Originally posted by SFXman
*Hey guys, check out this cool feature. Maybe we could modify it a bit and add it to WoW.*
*Nah, better not be so obvious.*

j/k... just the impression I got at first.
I guess it is good that they have several hardcore PvP'ers, this way they get what people have always wanted... I guess.

Heh, I'd rather have them play all the games to weed out all the annoying 'features' they find, than not having a clue what might bring problems and recreating them.

G

Gadd

arg not fair, to many mmo's i wanna play. daoc (obviously) swg (more than obviously) warhammer online and WoW (possibly eve) there's too many and not enough time or money to play em all

O

old.Kram

Just play WoW ... SWG have turned gay, acording to alot of beta testers :puke:

S

SilverHood

hehe, talking about the game is in breech of the NDA... so don't listen to them :p

C

Carlos Bananos

Yea, it looks good....but if it where so gr8, surly teh devs would be playing it instead of other games? ;)

N

Nightchill

they do! :)
at least, that's how they said a lot of their movies are made. just them running around in groups killing things and recording it.

D

Damini

What's the skill system shaping up to be like?

I'm useless at being uber. I hate classes. I want something *else* damnit Cohagen!

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by Damini
What's the skill system shaping up to be like?

I'm useless at being uber. I hate classes. I want something *else* damnit Cohagen!

the skill system is fairly er, simplistic, compared to daoc. however, this means you can't gimp your character.

basically your main skills autotrain, the skill points you get from levelling up you spend on secondary skills (trade skills, wilderness lore etc. etc.).

Z

Zappy

A question to you WoW experts... Can enemy races talk to eachother?

I hope not, I have seen all the bad words those 12 year olds on PvP servers here in DAoC know...

N

Nightchill

i'm not actually saw friendly races can talk to each other when you first start :p everyone starts in their race city (so humans in a human place, elves in an elfish place) and i think you have to learn (for a very cheap cost) the other allied languages.

re: enemy languages, you can learn them, just like you can be an orc who is no longer kill-on-sight from npc human guards. you just need to raise your faction high enough. probably by doing mission for neutral frontier humans.

G

Gadd

warcraft 2 is the best game outta the lot, that game just rules! i gotta find my copy of it and re-play it, sure it maybe a 2d RTS but it's great!

Givf Orge Mages!

O

old.Hellskor

pfft, Warcraft III is the best !

finally something blueish ! (Nightelves)

O

old.Tohtori

Once again on WoW release date:

"The beta testing should begin this year and the -planned- release is in summer 2004"

C

Cush

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Once again on WoW release date:

"The beta testing should begin this year and the -planned- release is in summer 2004"

And in English that is "The beta testing should begin hopefully next year and if we are lucky we might be able to release 2008"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom