PvP...Does it HAVE to involve Ganking/being ganked?

D

danskmacabre

Whilst I understand that the PvP server is a Player vs Player server, Does it HAVE to mean that ppl will be ganking each other as much as possible.

When the idea of a PvP came out here, it sounded pretty good.
IMO people would be potentially politer to each other and yeah, there COULD be some inter/intra-realm wars and stuff.
But does this mean that I'm gonna get ganked as soon as I create a character unless I pre-arrange with a guild to join when and where I'll start so they can protect me?

If so, PvP is not for me..

Opinions?

D

Dagalush

Well, join a good guild, quit your job or take a vacation... level like a madman until you are 40+ atleast in BIG groups that can take on the threats while exping... or you will stay on lvl 10 until your con is down to nothing and you have no money to get it back, then quit. That IS the reality of pvp.

L

lb_ace

LoL have you played on a PvP server?

I played unguilded to 40 on Andred so what you just said is BS.

Edit: I have a job ;)

D

danskmacabre

I guess I opened this thread because, based on what was said by a Nobly pride members statement of intent, it SEEMS to me that Ganking is basically OK and not a big deal.

However, the only way to tell is to give it a go and see what happens.
I'll probably play to 5th lvl and then take off the safety.
If I get constantly ganked, I'll not bother from there.

No point in developing a character to 10th lvl to only find you'll get slaughtered constantly and I can get to 5th lvl easily in one evening of playing.

E

Eleasias

in the beginning the server will be one big pk fest :> after a few weeks most of the random pk's notice its not worth killing greys and the big guilds (hopefully) start fighting each other and the "regular" ppl will have less to fear :>

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by Eleasias
in the beginning the server will be one big pk fest :> after a few weeks most of the random pk's notice its not worth killing greys
Interesting..

OK, I can go with that. I hope you're right.

and the big guilds (hopefully) start fighting each other and the "regular" ppl will have less to fear :>

I would have agreed with you, but BASED upon how I read this statement from the Nobly pride guy, part of their intent was to kill ppl who would con at least green to them regardless.
It doesn't sound like they're gonna leave their killing exclusively to Inter-guild wars.
Now since it's only one guys statement, I would normally take this with a pinch of salt.
But since NP is probably gonna be a very big guild, I can see difficulties for solo ppl and small guilds.

L

lb_ace

Thats every rpk guilds intentions more or less.
However RPK guild members will be a minority on the server.

As Elesias(sp?) said in the beginning all newbies will gank away.
The smart people will be vary on who they kill and why.

RPK guilds and players (quite a few of thoose) will quickly be identified.

T

tarkadall

I haven't played PvP but I have solo xped in the frontiers successfully before.

I have found that because 95% of ppl want to xp in the uber spots (some ppl follow 1-50 hunting guides to the letter ffs), there are loads of places where you can xp with very little risk. It just takes a bit longer.

Because of this, I doubt many pkers are going to go to these out of the way places knowing they only a small chance of actually finding someone when they get there. Instead they'll just go to where they know the follow-the-template-xpers will be.

C

cougar-

nolby ;p not nobly, anyway, focus will be on killing enemy guilds, not poor green expers, not for me atleast, might change when its a evuuul moderator tho :)

G

Generic Poster

I suspect the PvP servers wouldn't be as bad if that is how DAoC started to begin with.

But after so many months of being trained to kill anything that can be attacked, that mentality carries on over to the PvP servers.

For me, Camlann is just a playground and not something to be taken seriously. I attack anything that moves and have good fun doing it.

With my sorcerer and an inf, we took on a group of four red/purple cons and killed them all... one had an XP death, but it's all part of the game.

Oh, they were ganking greys at Prydwen Keep and I wanted to show them greys are not entirely useless.

X

xyza

Originally posted by Generic Poster

Oh, they were ganking greys at Prydwen Keep and I wanted to show them greys are not entirely useless.

That's a reason why I gank any grey con caster(mostly chanters and theu's), since I know that they can take you down if you turn your back to them for a few seconds.

N

)nick(

Survival of the fittest! Gank or be ganked!

Nolby pride isn't that big a guild on PVP. Xanatea chose quality and extreme dedication over quantity.

You may be wondering how I got in then, well err I have no idea :)

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by Novamir
sorry danks this post does not contain the word Camlann, and should therefore be moved to Off-Topic.

are you going to do it or shall i?

Grow up...

T

Tranquil-

PvP...Does it HAVE to involve Ganking/being ganked?

Well, Player versus Player means what it says. Not to sit down and be creative with the /emotes.

N

Novamir

Originally posted by danskmacabre
Whilst I understand that the PvP server is a Player vs Player server, Does it HAVE to mean that ppl will be ganking each other as much as possible.

yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom