PVE Spec

Ironlung

Fledgling Freddie
With the new Valk/Thane 'count as multiple attackers vs epic mobs' ability I was wondering what the best Mid Shield tank class/spec for PVE was.

Would a Thane/Valk Spec of:

Thane - 50 Shield/50 Weapon/28 SC
Valkyrie - 50 Shield/50 Weapon/28 Odins Will

be better for high end pve than a standard Warrior spec?

You miss out on the best dd's, damage add's and buffs, but a Aug/cave BB would cover alot of that.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
50 storm calling for ae hammers of doom, albs/hibs will phear mids then tbh. xD

GV-Miera

Fledgling Freddie
imo the best spec for thane is

48 SC, best DD
42 shield, slam
42 weap, 39 is last style, but some extra points for WS

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
SC is the only thing that makes a thane abit better then being complete trash,
if u spec 50weapon 50shield ull have way less hp, way less weaponskill, and 15dex less then a warrior

Ironlung

Fledgling Freddie
Understood, I was mainly wondering if the new class feature made up for these differences (way less hp, way less weaponskill, and 15dex less then a warrior.)

Lothoras

One of Freddy's beloved
What about 50 weapon 42 shield 39 SC? I don't know much about this "pet spam" that thanes get but i doubt it will be a success... Dunno, inform me :)

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
I personally think that the change makes no difference to Thane/Valk themsleves but it does make them more desirable for PvE groups.

So we still suck :mad:

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Remember, we are talking a pure PvE spec. Ie, this seems not to be meant for doing RvR with. As suchs, a 50/50/28 spec seems desirable. Your only use of magic is to flag a monster with the 15 attackers bonus the "Call of Thousand Storms" ability enables the Thane to produce. Hence, it doesn't really matter if your DD hits for 50pts more, it just need to add in the 15 attackers.

By going 50weapon/50shield, you enhance your own survivability (block rate) and adds a greater chance to actually land melee attacks on Draco.... uhm, the mob.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Remember, we are talking a pure PvE spec. Ie, this seems not to be meant for doing RvR with. As suchs, a 50/50/28 spec seems desirable. Your only use of magic is to flag a monster with the 15 attackers bonus the "Call of Thousand Storms" ability enables the Thane to produce. Hence, it doesn't really matter if your DD hits for 50pts more, it just need to add in the 15 attackers.

By going 50weapon/50shield, you enhance your own survivability (block rate) and adds a greater chance to actually land melee attacks on Draco.... uhm, the mob.

I have to agree, the only SC abil that would be useful in PvE is the DA..and tbh...you dont really need it ;) 50/50/28!! and 5thanes2healers1sham ftw!

:p

/Dracus

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
fenrisan said:
I personally think that the change makes no difference to Thane/Valk themsleves but it does make them more desirable for PvE groups.

So we still suck :mad:

Speak for ureself
my valk does NOT suck, i cba with ppl saying that, we all have our advantages and disadvantages.

my valk is specced 47shield, 42sword, 43ow.
u get buffshears, rezz, nice interupts for casters, second best proc. the lvl 47 shield ablative is a must to.
i havent perfectly capped all my stats in my template but most are and when buffed i hug the 2200hp and 370str.
i also picked warlord ability, shame we dont get bg would be better. but warlord is very nice if u got with ure group to rvr or specially with zergs.
but please dont say that valks are gimped.

vav.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
Speak for ureself
my valk does NOT suck, i cba with ppl saying that, we all have our advantages and disadvantages.

my valk is specced 47shield, 42sword, 43ow.
u get buffshears, rezz, nice interupts for casters, second best proc. the lvl 47 shield ablative is a must to.
i havent perfectly capped all my stats in my template but most are and when buffed i hug the 2200hp and 370str.
i also picked warlord ability, shame we dont get bg would be better. but warlord is very nice if u got with ure group to rvr or specially with zergs.
but please dont say that valks are gimped.

vav.

Check stats H E R E

Himse

FH is my second home
I need to level a valky tbh, but id go like 50 spear rest OW.

hardcore dmg class, nice stun etc from spear. but im wondering if you can get enough sheild for engage, rest OW

engange on archers = owwn :D

Ironlung

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:

Bearing this in mind, would you recommend, if starting over (ie Classic server), a 50/50/28 Thane/Valk over a Warrior?

Also considerng a small PVE group setup of:

2 Shield Tanks
Sham
Aug Healer
PBT

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
vavires said:
Speak for ureself

I was actually speaking about thanes m8, you have my sincerest apologies so calm down ;)

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Ironlung said:
Bearing this in mind, would you recommend, if starting over (ie Classic server), a 50/50/28 Thane/Valk over a Warrior?

Also considerng a small PVE group setup of:

2 Shield Tanks
Sham
Aug Healer
PBT

I that group, I would go one warrior and one Valkyrie as your 2 tanks. The Valkyrie rather than thane because (a) group proc buff and (b) Champion weapon ability rocks. Also, depending on what kind of things you'd be killing, a supp SM or Warlock, may well be better than the PBT. PBT is nice if you're facing a single mob, but against a group (such as in Darkspire) the pbae is much more useful. Thinking about it, I would def go for a warlock as the last slot.

Of course, that's just my opinion :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom